Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Brighton Have Only Got One Pace, They're Easy To Play Against"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
John Barnes match comment summed it up really. It's the biggest single weakness in our game. And not just in the Cup. IMHO, like.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
It's ok playing it slow around the back 4 and into Bridcutt/Navs but we need to quicken the pace when we get into attacking areas.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think that was the key to the match at all. If you defend like that, you'd lose 6-1 to a League One team. We posed them problems in the first half, the second goal was a real killer and after that it was either going to be 3-3 or, more likely and as it turned out, 6-1.

Both ESPN studio guests were a joke, at the start they were talking about Liverpool as 'us' and wanting 'a good display from the Reds'. I mean come on, that is ridiculous.

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
It's pretty easy to play against us if you have a fifty five million pound strike force.

Other teams haven't found it quite so easy, whether its Newcastle or Sunderland or every team we've played in the league this year.

Patronising rubbish, this is the best football Brighton have ever played in my whole life time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's pretty easy to play against us if you have a fifty five million pound strike force.

Other teams haven't found it quite so easy, whether its Newcastle or Sunderland or every team we've played in the league this year.

Millwall found it pretty easy.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They might be right, but Waddle and Barnes are complete wankers. That's an opinion formed during the Wrexham, Newcastle and now Liverpool games. They used to be great players, but they're boring and miserable pundits. Not in a rush to be on ESPN again for a while.

Not at all bitter. :thumbsup:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
John Barnes match comment summed it up really. It's the biggest single weakness in our game. And not just in the Cup. IMHO, like.

Been thinking this for weeks. Need to up our tempo when going forward. Mind you our defending today.........oh dear.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Upping our tempo would change the whole dynamic of our game. The league table would suggest it works for us. Would we improve or would we suffer if we upped the tempo?

Gus sees us more and knows us better than Barnes, so I would be minded to side with Gus. Barnes has a torrid record in management, whereas Gus is a bright, young thing, so I would be minded to side with Gus again on that front.

Who knows?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Upping our tempo would change the whole dynamic of our game. The league table would suggest it works for us. Would we improve or would we suffer if we upped the tempo?

Gus sees us more and knows us better than Barnes, so I would be minded to side with Gus. Barnes has a torrid record in management, whereas Gus is a bright, young thing, so I would be minded to side with Gus again on that front.

Who knows?

Same goes for twaddle.....how many medals did tht guy win?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here