Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton football violence trial.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I suppose their actions had NOTHING to do with Leeds fans lauding it around Brighton all Friday night and picking on random people they assumed were Albion fans.

Make no mistake, the Leeds fans were just as up for this as the Brighton fans and was not the mindless attack on innocent Leeds supporters that the papers and certain people would have you believe.

Also, to question these people's loyalty is ridiculous. I remember seeing a good few people who you would probably tarr with a similar brush amongst the HUGE crowd of 320 off at Grimsby away a couple of season ago.

They may not show their loyalty in the same way as most fans and perhaps they are misguided and stupid sometimes but to question their loyalty is a knee jerk NSC reaction fueled by the national media's love of moral panics and scapegoating.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I cant be arsed to go to away games these days.

Palace watford Millwall QPR Reading Southampton probably, luton maybe.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
chez said:
I can tell that you have limited knowledge of so called "Hooligans". The code of honour garbage that you refer to is used by MOST teams fans (dont tell me they're not fans) but admittedly not all fans go by the unwritten rules- cardiff, chelsea & Stoke spring to mind.

And this code of honour (and we'll assume that it IS perfect, no matter how lame brained that appears) justifies and excuses all acts of violence committed, does it? Then maybe we should sell tickets and take our kids.

In the end though this code of honour business IS utter garbage. It's the same type of code of honour which prisoners use to justify violence against sex offenders when they're own crimes are just as bad if not worse. There's no moral ambiguity there for you to exploit, football related violence is just not acceptable. Send 'em daaaan.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
DJ Leon said:
It's the same type of code of honour which prisoners use to justify violence against sex offenders when they're own crimes are just as bad if not worse. There's

There is NOTHING wrong with a good old fashioned stairwell nonce bashing.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
DJ Leon said:
And this code of honour (and we'll assume that it IS perfect, no matter how lame brained that appears) justifies and excuses all acts of violence committed, does it? Then maybe we should sell tickets and take our kids.

In the end though this code of honour business IS utter garbage. It's the same type of code of honour which prisoners use to justify violence against sex offenders when they're own crimes are just as bad if not worse. There's no moral ambiguity there for you to exploit, football related violence is just not acceptable. Send 'em daaaan.

The pc bridgade are here:clap2:

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
DJ Leon said:

Where has Chez said it justifies their actions ? Chez is just pointing out the fact that there is a code between organised fans. If it means that they meet at pre arranged venues then like I said before, unless you are a stupid twat you will see it coming along time before it happens and have plenty of time to get out of the area. And on the nonce side, I do not care if someone is an armed robber if they give the nonce a good beating. Yes they are still criminals and have probably done things that are acts of pure evil but nothing is worse than some filthy little fucker grooming and abusing kids and anyone caught doing it should be hung in my book end of.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I wouldn't think twice about putting an iron bar over someones head if they touched my daughter in the wrong way.Saying that,i don't need an excuse to wack a nonce.Most NORMAL people would

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We're talking...

brasseye2.jpg

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
rogue said:
I wouldn't think twice about putting an iron bar over someones head if they touched my daughter in the wrong way.Saying that,i don't need an excuse to wack a nonce.Most NORMAL people would

:lolol:

Maybe, but the point I was making before it was highjacked into should we be allowed to beat up sex offenders debate, was that the people that do this in prison justify it on moral grounds when they are in there for crimes whose cost is human misery just as bad or maybe even worse than a sex offence.

It's this murky moralising and twisted logic which makes you think that because football violence hurts no-one but those involved (yeah, right) it's all OK.

And the Krays were lovely fellas, so kind to their mum. And ordinary people could walk the streets safely too.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think you are coming at it from a very blinkered view.

Ok, SOME inmates crimes are just as bad, i.e. those in for murder but that is not a large majority of prisoners.

I would argue that sexually assaulting a young child and thus mentally scarring them for life IS worse then stabbing someone in a fight or holding up a post office.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
When i heard a convicted criminal had stabbed Peter Sutcliffe in the eye and blinded him i laughed.I call that justified
and well desverved

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
All well and good taking the law into your own hands but I'm sorry to say that no matter how justified you may think you are it's the road to anarchy.

You can start with sex offenders but it's downhill from there. Wasn't that long ago we were hanging people for stealing food that they needed to live.

I find child moslesters every bit as aborant as the next person but you have to draw the line somewhere. Also, this 'code of honour' that is supposed to exist in prisons is, I'm afraid bollox, I should know. The only cons who bother are the ones who will bully anybody whatever their crime just as long as they're weaker.

The same goes with football hooligans in my experience, a noble thought but sadly groundless.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Richie Morris said:
I think you are coming at it from a very blinkered view.

Ok, SOME inmates crimes are just as bad, i.e. those in for murder but that is not a large majority of prisoners.

I would argue that sexually assaulting a young child and thus mentally scarring them for life IS worse then stabbing someone in a fight or holding up a post office.

I think that this is veering off topic slightly!

I'm just saying that anyone who thinks that football hooligans or criminals of any sort have a code of honour is having a laugh. This code of honour shite is being used by some people on this thread to differentiate between these 'hooligans' from other people who might just beat the shit out of each other in the high street on Saturday night.

Think about how we teach children to behave, what kind of moral confusion are we going to cause by saying that football violence is in anyway different to any other type of violent, criminal beahviour?

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
bhaexpress said:
All well and good taking the law into your own hands but I'm sorry to say that no matter how justified you may think you are it's the road to anarchy.

You can start with sex offenders but it's downhill from there. Wasn't that long ago we were hanging people for stealing food that they needed to live.

I find child moslesters every bit as aborant as the next person but you have to draw the line somewhere. Also, this 'code of honour' that is supposed to exist in prisons is, I'm afraid bollox, I should know. The only cons who bother are the ones who will bully anybody whatever their crime just as long as they're weaker.

The same goes with football hooligans in my experience, a noble thought but sadly groundless.

I agree with you about taking the law into your own hands 100%Still wouldn't change my view on the subject.Out of intrest Frank,have you got children of your own?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
rogue said:
I agree with you about taking the law into your own hands 100%Still wouldn't change my view on the subject.Out of intrest Frank,have you got children of your own?

In theory I have four step children but I've got an inkling that something over there has gone wrong yet again as I can't get in contact with her ladyship. No, I don't have any children (the world will thank me for that one day) and frankly at my age it's highly unlikely I ever will.

I know what you'll say next, you don't fully appreciate the sentiments and I can but agree. Although I only really knew my step kids briefly they all liked me (not my words) as they'd seen me get get extremely irate with people who messed with them. The older twos' father was a tosser and I nearly beat him to a pulp one day when he stepped well out of line so I guess I have an idea of what you're saying.

Last edited:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
DJ Leon said:
I think that this is veering off topic slightly!

I'm just saying that anyone who thinks that football hooligans or criminals of any sort have a code of honour is having a laugh. This code of honour shite is being used by some people on this thread to differentiate between these 'hooligans' from other people who might just beat the shit out of each other in the high street on Saturday night.

Think about how we teach children to behave, what kind of moral confusion are we going to cause by saying that football violence is in anyway different to any other type of violent, criminal beahviour?

You still don't get it do you?For f*** sake read what the other guys have written.The proper football gangs(firms etc)ORGANIZE there meets away from the main crowd.You will aways get a few scuffles no matter what(they are called scarfers).I take it you have never watched ID or something similar.Go and watch it.THEY ARRANGE MEETS=ORGANIZE.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
rogue said:
You still don't get it do you?For f*** sake read what the other guys have written.The proper football gangs(firms etc)ORGANIZE there meets away from the main crowd.You will aways get a few scuffles no matter what(they are called scarfers).I take it you have never watched ID or something similar.Go and watch it.THEY ARRANGE MEETS=ORGANIZE.

I've seen too many one off scuffles over the years to go along with your theory. As it is what's so noble for havinga punch up 'organised' or not ?

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
bhaexpress said:
In theory I have four step children but I've got an inkling that something over there has gone wrong yet again as I can't get in contact with her ladyship. No, I don't have any children (the world will thank me for that one day) and frankly at my age it's highly unlikely I ever will.

I know what you'll say next, you don't fully appreciate the sentiments and I can but agree. Although I only really knew my step kids briefly they all liked me (not my words) as they'd seen me get get extremely irate with people who messed with them. The older twos' father was a tosser and I nearly beat him to a pulp one day when he stepped well out of line so I guess I have an idea of what you're saying.

I went out with a girl who had 3 girls of her own.When we broke up(thank god:drink: )i actually really missed her kids.You do get a bond going.I miss them now.On the other hand Frank my ex missus was a loon.You think your ex is a loon?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
My first one was odd, she got into drugs I think (I worked away at the time). The second one ...... Well, let's just say it's a very bizarre situation, you have no idea. Take Eastenders, mix it with Jerry Springer then multiply by ten and you'll be close !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here