Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton football violence trial.

I gave up going to the Albion home and away, due to these idiots the perputation of violence, the fear of getting jumped.

So if they are real football fans, that is, they live, breath ALBION, they can give up the violence. Its not wanted, its not needed.

If they need their kicks, which is also sad, then they will have lots of easy targets on Friday and Saturday nights down town.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
B.W. said:
Those on here who condone footie violence need a reality check... just fcuking grow-up... I should be able to take my 2 young sons to Albion games (home and away, and in the streets before and afterwards) without being concerned that some major ar$eholes are going to beat the sh1t out of them (or me for that matter)...

You & kids would be safe anyway, in all my years of going to football only once have I seen a firm have a go at scarfers, and they were Chelsea lads not Brighton. Like B.M.F. said earlier you dont see violence at the games anymore, its all pre-arranged for somewhere miles away from the ground as we have seen with this current case.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
London Calling said:
I gave up going to the Albion home and away, due to these idiots the perputation of violence, the fear of getting jumped.

So if they are real football fans, that is, they live, breath ALBION, they can give up the violence. Its not wanted, its not needed.

If they need their kicks, which is also sad, then they will have lots of easy targets on Friday and Saturday nights down town.

They make me sick too - I loathe them but if you're given up going to the Albion because of them, haven't they won in a way? You sound like a real fan, but by not going aren't you doing exatly what they want? I still go home and away , not every game, but a lot. By and large, not always I admit, you can avoid them. If I do run into them I hate it.. they're the last people I want to see. But Albion are my team, why should I stop going because of them?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Richard Whiteley said:

How do you differentiate 'violent crime' from violence at football then? And I'm sorry, adults should be able to get passionate without being violent.

Quite easy mate. Football violence is generaly caused by 2 gangs that have prepared pre arranged 'meets' and then batter the hell out of each other. Violent crimes like rape, muggings etc are caused on the whole by someone intent on doing it and an unwilling victim. Do you understand the difference now? Yes innocent peiople do occasionally get caught up in it but normally there are plenty of warning signs before it is going to happen.

London Irish, We all know your opinions on football violence and do not bemoan you for the stuff you spout so why say the stuff I have said about increased violence, illegal immigrants etc is all bollox. It is my opinion and one that is backed up with the data I produce on a daily basis as part of my job. Before you start saying that I am glorifying football thugs then you would be wong sir. I understand why they do it and the mentality that goes behind it and it is the same in any gang culture unfortunately. They are normally idiots but it is what they enjoy and it is never going to go away.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Voroshilov said:
What a load of tripe.
is it safe to sum that up as;
It's not a problem cos people have always done it and anyway there's lot's of darkies running round drugged out of their gourds?

er no. Read it again, there is no links between the ethnic minorities and drugs, they are mentioned as 2 different things. I am also not saying that football violence is not a problem, far from it in fact. I was just stating that it is part of football and will always be part of football. Sure, it would be great if there was not any violence at football but I just can not see it happening. My Opinion and mine only and I am entitled to it same as you are intitled to yours.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkshire said:
Shocking behavior from the Brighton hooligans attacking the Leeds women and children. :lolol:

So, you don't think there were innocent people in and around the pub, and ALL Leeds fans are hooligans?... :angry:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Most football violence is sabre rattling. You normally get two sets of lads squaring up to each other and then taking turns to charge each other. It's a bit like British Bulldog, but with more wing mirrors being broken

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
chez said:
You & kids would be safe anyway, in all my years of going to football only once have I seen a firm have a go at scarfers, and they were Chelsea lads not Brighton. Like B.M.F. said earlier you dont see violence at the games anymore, its all pre-arranged for somewhere miles away from the ground as we have seen with this current case.

I agree that the level of violence has declined sharply... almost non-existent now but, for example, I am wondering whether it would be safe to take my kids to Palar$e away in a few weeks time... probably not... why should they be denied this game, because of a mindless minority?...

As for the violence being mainly away from the grounds... again, I agree... but there will always be innocent passers-by... e.g. staff at the Pump House...

Sneaky George said:
They make me sick too - I loathe them but if you're given up going to the Albion because of them, haven't they won in a way? You sound like a real fan, but by not going aren't you doing exatly what they want? I still go home and away , not every game, but a lot. By and large, not always I admit, you can avoid them. If I do run into them I hate it.. they're the last people I want to see. But Albion are my team, why should I stop going because of them?

To be clearer, I gave up during the really bad years and whilst living in the north, I would go to some of the Albion games.

And having that great feeling of arriving at the ground on your own and leaving on your own, the worst in respect was Leeds, whilst all of the other Brighton would go on coaches or pre-arranged buses, I would be standing amonst the Leeds waiting for a bus into the city centre!

I don't buy the firm only fight againgst firm. To many times I have seen firms kick off in any old pub, I 've seen members of our firms go up to completely innocent people, including Brighton residents on "key" games...just because they looked "northern".

I also wore colours for a long time but you only need to see other innocent fans wearing colours, having the crap kicked out of them at Cardiff, Chesterfield, Hereford, Shrewsbury, Leyton. I need not say more!

Parallel to the firms are thugs, they gang up at the weekend to kick sh*t at the weekend and they jump on away supporters at match-days.

Why anyone condone this I just do not understand.

LC

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
B.W. said:
Those on here who condone footie violence need a reality check... just fcuking grow-up... I should be able to take my 2 young sons to Albion games (home and away, and in the streets before and afterwards) without being concerned that some major ar$eholes are going to beat the sh1t out of them (or me for that matter)...

Please can you provide any evidence that this has happened to anybody at any football ground involving any fans from any club in the last 10 years ?

I doubt you can!

Football IS a safe place to take your children FACT

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
London Calling said:
T
I don't buy the firm only fight againgst firm. To many times I have seen firms kick off in any old pub, I 've seen members of our firms go up to completely innocent people, including Brighton residents on "key" games...just because they looked "northern".

I also wore colours for a long time but you only need to see other innocent fans wearing colours, having the crap kicked out of them at Cardiff, Chesterfield, Hereford, Shrewsbury, Leyton. I need not say more!

Parallel to the firms are thugs, they gang up at the weekend to kick sh*t at the weekend and they jump on away supporters at match-days.

LC

Totally agree. The firm v firm argument is just factually wrong.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The Wookiee said:
Please can you provide any evidence that this has happened to anybody at any football ground involving any fans from any club in the last 10 years ?

I doubt you can!

Ever been a visiting supporter at Ninian Park? No, I thought not

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I went to Ninian Park last season. Met up with some Cardiff fans before the game in the pub and they insisted we stayed until just before kick-off and gave us a lift to the match in a minibus that they had hired, refused any money for the trip, and did the same on the way back where we stayed for a few more beers.

They were fantastic hosts and a credit to the city and the club.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I went last year, walked about 15 minutes from car to ground, asked a few people the way on the walk and got there with no problems. On the way out we walked out with no trouble and back to the car and out. Eesy peasy.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
London Calling said:
To be clearer, I gave up during the really bad years and whilst living in the north, I would go to some of the Albion games.

And having that great feeling of arriving at the ground on your own and leaving on your own, the worst in respect was Leeds, whilst all of the other Brighton would go on coaches or pre-arranged buses, I would be standing amonst the Leeds waiting for a bus into the city centre!

LC

I agree about Cardiff.Biggest tosssers going

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
B.W. said:
I agree that the level of violence has declined sharply... almost non-existent now but, for example, I am wondering whether it would be safe to take my kids to Palar$e away in a few weeks time... probably not... why should they be denied this game, because of a mindless minority?...

As for the violence being mainly away from the grounds... again, I agree... but there will always be innocent passers-by... e.g. staff at the Pump House...

It's not Baghdad for christ sake.Only the biggest pricks on this planet would attack a rival fan with his children.What are you worried about?No harm will come of it i can assure of that:nono:

They wouldn't even give you a second look

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Spiros said:
Ever been a visiting supporter at Ninian Park? No, I thought not

Yes 5 times!

3 times watcching Brighton, once against Millwall and the other against Bristol Rovers.

Yes there was incidents at most of those games, but not last year against Brighton.

Also didn't see any dads with their kids getting attacked at any of those games!!!

In fact have never seen it at any football match where there has been violence!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Wookiee said:

I doubt you can!

Try telling that to the teenager at a Gills game who was stabbed to death... oh, you can't... how about his parents?...

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
How often does that happen?You big tart

You have more chance of getting run over.

Last edited:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here