Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton football violence trial.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Uncle Buck said:
But then there is also an element of the NSC hang them out to dry as well, just as bad.

They are on trial at present and so have not been found guilty, yet.

Well said, they may have innocently thrown furniture through a window, perhaps to swat an annoying wasp, or mosquito

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
empire said:
so true,the argus really havent a clue have they

bit dumb really, they give all this Argus for Falmer stuff and no doubt will promote the march next week.

fair enough they've got to report fairly and try to be impartial but no need to have it as their billboard poster

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
maffew said:
bit dumb really, they give all this Argus for Falmer stuff and no doubt will promote the march next week.

fair enough they've got to report fairly and try to be impartial but no need to have it as their billboard poster

Well in local news it's a pretty big deal.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Well in local news it's a pretty big deal.

its not that big a deal. I havent read the argus today yet so it may be the biggest news they have for the front page though they often dont put whats on the front page on those big boards outside all the newsagents. Prob doesnt really matter though I guess, just rubbish timing

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not good... I don't see these people as fans... don't they realise that their behaviour is compromising the case for the new stadium and, as a result, the chances of the club surviving?... :( :angry: :censored:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
B.W. said:
don't they realise that their behaviour is compromising the case for the new stadium ( :angry: :censored:

How can their actions reflect upon the case for a new stadium? The case has already been made and accepted. The thing to be determined is where it should be. Obviously, in light of this event, we cannot expect it to be The Lanes! :lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
B.W. said:
Not good... I don't see these people as fans... don't they realise that their behaviour is compromising the case for the new stadium and, as a result, the chances of the club surviving?... :( :angry: :censored:

:jester:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
3gulls said:
How can their actions reflect upon the case for a new stadium? The case has already been made and accepted. The thing to be determined is where it should be. Obviously, in light of this event, we cannot expect it to be The Lanes! :lolol:

Totally agree, The decision has already been made and violence at football matches has always and will always occur. Most is now well organised and away from grounds but still exists. If this had happened at Leeds then the Argus probably would not have reported it but as it happened in the Lanes and some goon decided to take his photo's in to be developed it gets front page coverage. Agreed that violence is not the way forward and it should stop but sadly I can not think it ever will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Clearly hope the scum get what they deserve.

One thing about that report - I think if I'd been in court, I migh have struggled to suppress a smirk when the (possibly quite posh) prosecuting counsel Miss Christina Lang started quoting: "Seagulls, Seagulls. Come and have a go if you want some."

I'm sort of imagining the Queen saying that, and it's quite funny.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The Argus ran the story by printing the pictures on the front page a few months ago, remember? So they are just following the story up. No doubt this will not be the last you hear of it either.

The Argus will try and sell papers and this sort of press always achieves this, the guys pictured should really be proved guilty before they are named (surely), at least I would have thought? Does this not jeopardise the case in someway by printing different people’s accounts?

It obvious to see that there was trouble (most likely planned) and I wouldn’t mind betting there is a person or two who will get caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This sort of trouble happens from time to time in City centres I’ve seen it myself in the Event, Paradox and worst was in the old Orianos (sp?). But you can guarantee because a football match was played a few hours earlier there will be a much sterner sentences.

Strange how no Leeds fans were arrested though?

Richard Whiteley said:
Christ, it's the usual defend the thugs on NSC.

Have a story about immigrants overstaying visas and everything is their fault, but good old fashioned Football hooligans dishing out salt of the earth violence to other good lad wankers whilst traditionaly hurling chairs through Pub windows and terrifying passerbys in a man's game kind of way and we've all got the wrong end of the stick.

f*** their loyalty and f*** them and all like them.

:clap2: Well said - nothing more needs to be added.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Christ, it's the usual defend the thugs on NSC.

Have a story about immigrants overstaying visas and everything is their fault, but good old fashioned Football hooligans dishing out salt of the earth violence to other good lad wankers whilst traditionaly hurling chairs through Pub windows and terrifying passerbys in a man's game kind of way and we've all got the wrong end of the stick.

f*** their loyalty and f*** them and all like them.

I dont see what immigrants has to do with this story?
Having a mate who got wrongly arrested and badly beaten by the Met a few seasons ago and only down to CCTV proving the police that got it horribly wrong did he get let off and not put in prison (oh and compensated), i think its safe to say "Innocent until proven guilty"!

You don't have all the facts so dont give it the big high and mighty until after the court case. Fair to say??

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Apparently one of them attacked PC Rover.

:ohmy:
Was the police dog okay??:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Was wondering, if the acused are found guilty will the club issue life bans ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Despite what some on here are saying, publicity like this is NOT what the club need prior to Prescott's decision... a lot of good people have put in a lot of effort to obtain a "Yes" for Falmer... the (alleged - yeah, right) behaviour of these Brighton 'fans' at the Pump House can only compromise the FFA campaign... or perhaps you think it may help?...

Ask yourself this... if you were anti Falmer, would you not be rubbing your hands together if you read that article?...

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Tooting Gull said:
Clearly hope the scum get what they deserve.

One thing about that report - I think if I'd been in court, I migh have struggled to suppress a smirk when the (possibly quite posh) prosecuting counsel Miss Christina Lang started quoting: "Seagulls, Seagulls. Come and have a go if you want some."

I'm sort of imagining the Queen saying that, and it's quite funny.

Reminds me of when my mate was nicked at Colchester years ago. When he went to court the prosecution solicitor said "Mr ... pushed his way to the front of the group of Brighton supporters confronting the Colchester fans and shouted - hello, hello, Brighton agro- (then explained) agro being the word for trouble...". :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here