Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton fans one of the best in the league?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry to say that is and was not the case during the 80s and 90s support fell away due to many reasons aggro, selling of the Goldstone and moving away, Poor form etc etc all of which has been said before. The last few seasons at the Goldstone fans fell away and I recall hearing fans saying "thats it I aint watching this shower of shit Im off to Chelsea next week" and we all know fans that have season tickets at the Amex who have not stuck with us through thick and thin and some even class us as there second team. We have fickle fans like any club and when the hard times do come again do not be surprised when we have a half full stadium. May that not come for many moons, because I do feel that those of us that did go through the shit times away and at the various homes we have had are some if not the best.

Footnote

I far enjoyed the away games through the tuff times and good times, until the Amex came rising outta the Sussex countryside

I think you are quite right. When you say our fans are like any club. Attendance and passion ebb and flow with success and failure being key to this. It's hard to see Man U selling out week in week out if they were slumming it in the third tier of English football for example. I remember their attendances in the teens in the seventies.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
The sth next to me rightly says you can tell a brighton fan a mile off. colours or not, they have a way about them

Big Cuddly Pandas.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Here comes the caravan club again. Piss off back to your board.

I love Brighton fans to bits, if I bump into one they'll immediadely become my best friend i'd take a bullet for, but I could name untold cringeworty moments

On a late train back from Barnet, four Palace geeks going to Crawley terrorised by half a dozen 'scoomers

racist chanting at Luton/Fulham/Wimbledon/Orient

minutes silence abused (Wimbledon)

Chants from block H of 'Luton going bust' by one of our 'key ultras' while we were not out of the shit

Chants of 'One Malcolm Glazer'(v FCUM) by above individual, I mean FFS

A decent pub smashed up at Ipswich c1996

the point i'm making is a load of knobs do sometimes follow The Albion (do a search on here, about complaints following almost every away match last season) not to mention the nicked coat at Cardiff!, we're good, and we can be very good but let's not go fuckin mad here

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Eh? Central WSU is immense for atmosphere - comparable to an away match - guessing it's the same for most of the West and North stands.

Well over last cupple of years (we can't be the best fans in the country in 10 matches) we've been amazing away and awful at home. I've sat in H block and now the Northstand and the atmosphere is better so far this season at home but not sure it will continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here