Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton fans one of the best in the league?

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
What a stupid thread:moo:
Nop reason why we would be the best and how would you define the best????
1. Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality; most excellent: the best performer; the best grade of ore.
2. Most satisfactory, suitable, or useful; most desirable: the best solution; the best time for planting.
3. Greatest; most: He spoke for the best part of an hour.
4. Most highly skilled:
Here is a definition of best. Now what is your definition of a suitably non stupid thread and I will take note! lol.:smile:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Depends on the parameters. We have some of the most dedicated fans that put their lives on hold to ensure we still had a club to moan about. Not many fans of other clubs have had the opportunity to shape the future.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not really. We've been through a lot, but it was easy to get tickets at Withdean last season as a non STH. If we had the best fans in the league it would be impossible, depite the Withdean factor. That said, what's happening at Plymouth is pretty special and what singles us out from the rest.

D

Deleted member 2719

Eh? Central WSU is immense for atmosphere - comparable to an away match - guessing it's the same for most of the West and North stands.

We sit in the WSU (South end) and it appears the north end start the singing the south end start the singing and the central just sit on there hands and only make a noise when we score, have we missed something???

PS. Portsmouth fans are the best , well so they have been telling me this week!!

Love the way the pre pubescent keyboard titans get all spiteful about anyone who doesn't sit in the north.For some of us times have changed,people have kids now and may not want to hear voices that are about to break Effing and Blinding for 90 minutes,
Used to stand in the north stand at the Goldstone and love a good old "Lord Mayor"now I choose to watch football from the side in the WSL,from where I sit I can confirm that the atmosphere all around the AmEx is amazing.
We don't all have to stand,arms out like crucifixes screaming to be considered passionate fans do we?
And another thing,pull your trousers up gangstas,I don't want to see your pants.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I want to say "Yeah, 'course we're the best!", but really I don't think in terms of team support one set of fans is intrinsically better than any other. Currently the atmosphere at the Amex is brilliant - but that's because we're playing well and we're top of the league. If we were struggling the fans would stay away and a significant number of those who remained would moan loudly. That's what happens at every club, and it's certainly what happened to us when we last got to the old first division. Plus as Danny seagull says we do need some new songs - which is very hard when you've got the chant Nazis on here examining the provenance of any song/chant and actively campaigning against us using anything that isn't sparklingly original.

Perhaps our off-field campaigning ability makes us a bit better? I don't want to appear rude or sound condescendingly superior but it does seem that the Plymouth fans haven't been nearly so well-led and well-organised as we were back in the 1990s (which carried on for the stadium fight).

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Numbers wise i reckon we'll finish up around 5th in the averages which would be great! However we took 2300 to Bristol city in league 1 early 2000's and 1700 this year so we're not better now! It may have been one of the biggest games that season but this still proves we are not this massiv army of superfans!!

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
Define "best"...

We make a racket home and away. Is that enough?

Roll on 27th when vocal warfare between us can commence as opposed to the pissing contests that are played out on the messageboards.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4386327 said:
It's alright, as long as we keep singing Albi-yawn, Albi-yawn CONSTANTLY, the high ground is ours :thumbsup:

Not to mention songs about players who haven't played for us since the 70's fair enough paying tribute to him but show some love for the players we have now too.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
We sit in the WSU (South end) and it appears the north end start the singing the south end start the singing and the central just sit on there hands and only make a noise when we score, have we missed something???

Yes you chuffing well are. I'm in Row P seat 108 with practically one foot in one half and the other in the other and we certainly do bloody well sing! More than Pompey do for starters!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
:thumbsup:Id say they are one of the best. Many toughed it out through the bad times, fought during the really bad times and are now LOVIN the good times.

Sorry to say that is and was not the case during the 80s and 90s support fell away due to many reasons aggro, selling of the Goldstone and moving away, Poor form etc etc all of which has been said before. The last few seasons at the Goldstone fans fell away and I recall hearing fans saying "thats it I aint watching this shower of shit Im off to Chelsea next week" and we all know fans that have season tickets at the Amex who have not stuck with us through thick and thin and some even class us as there second team. We have fickle fans like any club and when the hard times do come again do not be surprised when we have a half full stadium. May that not come for many moons, because I do feel that those of us that did go through the shit times away and at the various homes we have had are some if not the best.

Footnote

I far enjoyed the away games through the tuff times and good times, until the Amex came rising outta the Sussex countryside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here