Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton fans one of the best in the league?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
a very well constructed case, I must say!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Shit at home, incredible away.

no longer the case. the home games so far the atmosphere has been excellent. Will have to wait and see if that continues.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
:thumbsup:Id say they are one of the best. Many toughed it out through the bad times, fought during the really bad times and are now LOVIN the good times.

The Stadium is brill, and you have a dichotomy - loads of hardcore, loads of casual, and loads of newcomers.

The hardcore cannot take it all in yet I don't think, it seems incredible to have that home ground after years in the doldrums.

The casual fans are relieved too, but are making it a new event to go to all the home games, and perhaps didn't care to go through the bad days but took in a few of the better ones sometimes. Now they feel they can go and sit in comfort, so it's their local team to support now.

The newbies think it should always be like this anyway, and could complain at the drop of any headgear really.
They want everything like Arsenal or Chelsea, except for less. They might be bothered to sing along with something occasionally.

I think it will still take a while to have everyone feeling like they are on the same page, with any unity.
So no, we don't have the best fans at all yet.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Was thinking the same. At Withdean yes, but not any more, the home games have been great... unless you sit in the East I guess.

That's not fair! Some of us choose to sit in the East (Family Stand) because we don't want our (my) 6 year old to hear loads of bad language. I spent 10 years in the north stand at The Goldstone and loved it. For me times have changed, I love watching The Albion it's a bit quiet in the East yes but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it any less. I do find it 'kin hillarious that all the West and North want to do is out sing each other - COSMIC!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We must surely currently have one of the best home atmospheres of any club in the country. Whether it will last, or whether it's just the "new stadium and brilliant team effect" only time will tell!

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
My friend had a spare ticket and I went to Chelsea Leverkusen last night. I couldn't believe how quiet and lacking in atmosphere the Chelsea support was, our home games are many times better.
I have to say the german supporters were brilliant constant songs very loud and a huge variety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here