Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans - I'm starting to hate them

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
You seem confused as to who was doing what yesterday. The main group of kids have nothing to with NSK or the fanzine, they were directly behind the goal on the back row, stood on seats and just in front. Next to this you had a mixing of NSK and TSLR and people who are friends of one group or the other or both. Finally it is easy to lable everything cringe worthy without offering alternatives, the NSK forum is open to all for any song suggestions. If you can do better then we will sing your songs.

well a load of the fanzine sellers were about 10 rows directly in front of me with an ultras flag....

The NSK forum is open to song suggestions? Great, but if I have any I'll choose to try them at a game rather than ask your permission.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I am sure you are pleasant enough to talk to, most people are, I enjoy reading the fanzine. I am not against flags and banners so not sure what your point there is, the steve gritt one is great. but at football it's cringe central, sorry

I don't get your point either, the banner is great but it makes you cringe that people bring banners with them?

Jan 30, 2008
You seem confused as to who was doing what yesterday. The main group of kids have nothing to with NSK or the fanzine, they were directly behind the goal on the back row, stood on seats and just in front. Next to this you had a mixing of NSK and TSLR and people who are friends of one group or the other or both. Finally it is easy to lable everything cringe worthy without offering alternatives, the NSK forum is open to all for any song suggestions. If you can do better then we will sing your songs.
you're sounding like a choir boy.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
well a load of the fanzine sellers were about 10 rows directly in front of me with an ultras flag....

The NSK forum is open to song suggestions? Great, but if I have any I'll choose to try them at a game rather than ask your permission.

You wouldn't be asking our permission, just getting more people onside who might help to get your song started. That is all it is about, all it has ever been about.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The divisions all seems to pinpoint back to when Withdean became divided and H block got taken over by clowns intent on upsetting stewards and singing rubbish, rather than getting behind the team.

Think there is some truth in this. It's still the same clowns that sing all the songs too fast, mostly look like spotty geeks and probably the kids who got slapped on the train- they probably post on here but are keeping quiet..

I do think it's a bit unfair to lump the main NSK group in with the ex H block goons though, from what I can see (I used to sit in J block) it's mostly different people.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
There are people on here (mainly RRH) who are making the points I have been raising these last few weeks, albeit in a more articulate and less blunt fashion.

Everyone has heard my view on the NSK so I won't bore this thread with it.

All I will say, is I can't help notice there has been a lot more negativity on here along with several page long slanging matches since these cliquey groups came along trying to outdo each other inventing terrace songs and trying to be the better fan group. The little group of smug TSLR pillocks are nearly as nauseating as the NSK.

Jan 30, 2008
There are people on here (mainly RRH) who are making the points I have been raising these last few weeks, albeit in a more articulate and less blunt fashion.

Everyone has heard my view on the NSK so I won't bore this thread with it.

All I will say, is I can't help notice there has been a lot more negativity on here along with several page long slanging matches since these cliquey groups came along trying to outdo each other inventing terrace songs and trying to be the better fan group. The little group of smug TSLR pillocks are nearly as nauseating as the NSK.
got to agree with you keyser , some people say give them a chance their trying to liven things up , the only thing livening up seems to be the hostility towards them , maybe i'm biased ?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I have to agree with you. I'm nineteen but really loath a certain section of the new 17-20 year old fans we seem to have acquired. Saw a group a few rows in front of me at Leicester, who thought it was too cool to wear Brighton shirts, and spent most of the time seemingly not interested in the game whatsoever and had there bodies turned towards the Leicester support, giving it large and abusing opposition fans, who from where I was, were mostly not inciting them. I'm all for a bit of banter akin to the Leicester slapper incident, but picking on bald opposition fans just is embarrassing. Like the OP said, if they were confronted by these fans outside the ground, they'd absolutely shit themselves.

Jan 30, 2008
I have to agree with you. I'm nineteen but really loath a certain section of the new 17-20 year old fans we seem to have acquired. Saw a group a few rows in front of me at Leicester, who thought it was too cool to wear Brighton shirts, and spent most of the time seemingly not interested in the game whatsoever and had there bodies turned towards the Leicester support, giving it large and abusing opposition fans, who from where I was, were mostly not inciting them. I'm all for a bit of banter akin to the Leicester slapper incident, but picking on bald opposition fans just is embarrassing. Like the OP said, if they were confronted by these fans outside the ground, they'd absolutely shit themselves.
anyone worth their salt don't/didn't do it that way .

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I find this whole thread a bit pathetic. Every year we hear the same, "who are these inarticulate people who only go to London games" routine. Well I remember at the old Den in 91 - at the game in May and then the one in August or September, when Albion fans sung: "Millwall run from West Ham" etc. It's called banter and as far as I'm aware it's gone on for at least the last 40years. Just because we're all Brighton fans, pretty sure it don't mean we have to all like each other.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Changing the subject a bit. I'm sure Drumstick is perusing this thread or will do at some point between making donations to MENCAP or writing the song lyrics to the next BHA terrace anthem, did we ever get an answer from the daywalker about his hoolsworld activities???

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What is going on with our fans? Where have all these idiots come from? And the average intelligence level seems to be falling dramatically.

This isn't a JCL rant, but when we used to go away in the dark years of the late 90's and early noughties, everyone just seemed so much better. The following wasn't full of thick idiots who didn't have a clue how to behave. We seem to have picked up a load of 17-19 year olds who think they are some kind of, well I don't know really, I would say Danny Dyer character, but it's not very Danny Dyer to sing "f*** off Millwall" and "Forever Blowing Bubbles" when hiding behind the fences in Coward's Way, and then go completely silent as soon as they are in view of the big bad boys from Millwall. They all went very quiet then, didn't they? It's embarrassing, and it's also f***ing annoying when you are face to face with all the Millwall fans, waiting to get into the queue with them and the twats behind you are singing "f*** off Millwall" from the safety of the fences behind and out of view.

These kids are going to be taught a valuable lesson at some point this season, probably somewhere where they least expect it like Barnsley, and do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to laugh. HA HA HA!

Itll be Burnley they come un stuck at - always a good place to get a kicking for the unsuspecting away fan.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
One spotty chav behind me actually got the words to Gus Poyets Blue and White army wrong.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I'm waiting for someone to come up with a NEW chant instead of all these tired old so called "funny" chants...they are boring and repeating drivel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here