Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton fans fighting with eachother!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My reaction to people like that is to drown them out by shouting encouragement, if a few more join in then they only achieve in making themselves look total cock-jugglers, plus they are drowned out in any case.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: brighton fans fighting with eachother!

chez said:
If it were me I would have told the kid to shut up, honestly do we really want people, our own supporters at that slagging off our players at a game? Hopefully the kid will now have learnt his lesson and wont do it again. Picking on him is going a bit too far if it was more than just telling him to shut up. And stone island is nothing like burberry despite the attempts of asians to bring down its reputation by wearing it. In my experience the only people that slag off Stone Island are the ones that cant afford to wear it.

Or possibly the kid wont bother going again? Or perhaps he is too young to have an opinion? From what i saw of Ravell's pathetic performance yesterday, the kid may have been right but i didn't hear what he said.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just put it down to people who are trying to get over the inadequacies in their own lives, boring jobs, low intellect, shit in bed, etc, etc. The only thing that actually makes them happy is slagging someone off, wouldn't recognise encouragement if it slapped them in the face.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Gully said:
My reaction to people like that is to drown them out by shouting encouragement, if a few more join in then they only achieve in making themselves look total cock-jugglers, plus they are drowned out in any case.

Bollocks! Having a go at the players when they fail to perform is every supporter's right. Always has been always will be! :salute:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
3gulls said:
Bollocks! Having a go at the players when they fail to perform is every supporter's right. Always has been always will be! :salute:

Disagree! Having a go at players who dont give 100% is our right! Dont you ever have a day at work when you try your best but nothing works?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
3gulls said:

Bollocks, people (i say people because they aren't supporters) who slag off players during games should f*** off all together. The club neither needs them or wants them. :salute:

edit : actually at the moment we do need them, but we still dont want them!!

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
British Bulldog said:
Disagree! Having a go at players who dont give 100% is our right! Dont you ever have a day at work when you try your best but nothing works?

No? :lolol:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My experience as a manager has been that it is far better to nurture and encourage an individual to overcome their short-comings...berating or belittling very rarely achieves the same effect, even with someone who has skin as thick as a rhino.

You are completely right about people having a right to have a go, however in 25 years or so of watching the Albion, no matter how badly someone has been playing...and there have been some stinkers, I have never seen fit to shout abuse at a player...my choice!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Gully said:
My experience as a manager has been that it is far better to nurture and encourage an individual to overcome their short-comings...berating or belittling very rarely achieves the same effect, even with someone who has skin as thick as a rhino.

You are completely right about people having a right to have a go, however in 25 years or so of watching the Albion, no matter how badly someone has been playing...and there have been some stinkers, I have never seen fit to shout abuse at a player...my choice!

True! Your choice. However, i remember the North Stand regularly giving players stick in unison. Bobby Codner Football Geeeenius! Ricky Marlow every week nearly, Tony Towner cos he could never cross, Ian Mellor cos he looked like Bambi on inc, Gerry Ryan for falling over every two minutes, etc. etc. etc.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
chez said:
Err no, much much worse in fact. I often criticise players on here but would never dream of doing it at a game. Do you think it helps the player in question, getting moaned at everytime he touches the ball? Didnt think so.

do you think it helps the players when they read negetive comments about them on here?

i imagine most of the players read this board.

ihatelimos

Banned
Nov 22, 2006
huddersfieldseagull said:
early in the game yesterday there was 2 groups of 2 blokes shouting some right abuse at eachother and the stewards had to step in to calm them dowm before getting themselves thrown out from what i could make out one of the groups had make some negative comment towards alex revell which the others didnt agree with, it was a joke everyone should be allowed to air there views they may not always be right with some people but to start thretening our own fans is just ridiculous!

Good.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
3gulls said:
True! Your choice. However, i remember the North Stand regularly giving players stick in unison. Bobby Codner Football Geeeenius! Ricky Marlow every week nearly, Tony Towner cos he could never cross, Ian Mellor cos he looked like Bambi on inc, Gerry Ryan for falling over every two minutes, etc. etc. etc.
ian mellor and gerry ryan they were 2 great names from the past. i remember spider mellor scoring against the scum in 76 in the last couple of minutes and what about gerrys goal against man city ! great memories

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
yeah, not quite my point though,

ANY derogatory comments about players will be detrimental to the players confidence.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
bristolseagull said:
yeah, not quite my point though,

ANY derogatory comments about players will be detrimental to the players confidence.

Yeah, your probably right but I dont think you'll ever stop fans voicing their opinions about players no matter what it does for the confidence of the player involved.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
chez said:
Yeah, your probably right but I dont think you'll ever stop fans voicing their opinions about players no matter what it does for the confidence of the player involved.

Thats why you pay your money to go .. If you dont like you have an opinion to voice it .. Dont condone it but fact of life !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here