Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRIGHTON fans doing nothing for our reputation again

May 29, 2004
Lancing
Who enjoys reading about it?

Have you ever been the innocent party caught up in football violence?

Well I have, along with my fellow colleagues we had to be protected by riot police so we could treat an innocent women who was lying injured in the infamous game against York City at the Goldstone! Wasn't very pleasent I can tell you. :angry:

007 said:
Who enjoys reading about it?

The same sort of people that buy and read the four million copies of The Sun that are sold everyday.

Not saying it's right, but it's the macarbe human nature that makes us fasinated with such things. Check this thread. Four replies but over 100 views.

In answer to your question about getting caught up in crowd violence yes, loads of times. We're usually starting it. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
Can I just say I got back Monday morning so it was not me. Although I have not seen the Fatty Taxman recently ???

But Buck you promised me you'd show me all the big bad hooligans next week. At this rate I'm going to start supporting Poland...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dandyman said:
But Buck you promised me you'd show me all the big bad hooligans next week. At this rate I'm going to start supporting Poland...

Ah well I am sure 'arry the Dog will be there and the Tank from Rochdale and a few others.

Actually a lot of the usual faces were not about, both hoolies and my old drinking buddies from England games. However I know a few of the Dale lads are out there if we get to the knockouts, so my liver could be in the same state as the famous Fatty Taxmans.

How is the chair throwing practice going?

Robbo

I can confirm what safegoon is saying as one of the girls i work with told me this morning that her boyfriends mate has been deported, who lives in burgess hill.

Didn't realise he was albion tho! :nono:

I believe who thhrew a bottle at the old bill!

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Can I just say I got back Monday morning so it was not me. Although I have not seen the Fatty Taxman recently ???

Could i just add that i've received disturbing reports of the Fatty Taxman remaining sober at a recent wedding reception.

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
Ah well I am sure 'arry the Dog will be there and the Tank from Rochdale and a few others.

Actually a lot of the usual faces were not about, both hoolies and my old drinking buddies from England games. However I know a few of the Dale lads are out there if we get to the knockouts, so my liver could be in the same state as the famous Fatty Taxmans.

How is the chair throwing practice going?

Is throwing Pimms part of the accepted etiquette ? :dunce:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Benny Seagull said:
that avatar of chappers' is one of the funniest ones i'ver ever seen! f***ing class. nice one! :thumbsup: :clap2:

he has'nt even POSTED on this thread you :dunce: :jester: :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
METALMICKY said:
Could i just add that i've received disturbing reports of the Fatty Taxman remaining sober at a recent wedding reception.

And we have photographic evidence...:D

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
007 said:
But why brag about it! :nono:

You are a tit. Nobody is bragging about it, certainly not Safeway and it seems that at the moment certain people on here just have a pop at Safeway regardless of what he has actually posted.
People do like to read about things like this...it is called News and is also relevant to most people on this board.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It is a vicous circle in my opinion. People only read it beacuse their nature makes it seem attractive, bit like Eve and the apple. The fact that it is wrong makes it attractive. Most people that read about it would run a mile if something around them kicked off. Because people want to read it, the press print it.

Me personaly yes I read it but it makes me ashamed to be and England fan when you see the actions of our so called "fans" on televison.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just because someone is English doesn't make them a football hooligan, likewise being from Burgess Hill doesn't make someone an Albion fan. Sadly stories about violence, possibly linked to the Euro 2004 Championship do make news, it sells newspapers and makes the likes of Murdoch millions. I am sure there are thousands of English fans enjoying their time in Portugal, behaving themselves and acting as fine ambassadors for their team and country, the sad fact is that this doesn't make good headlines or sell newspapers.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Richie Morris said:
You are a tit. Nobody is bragging about it, certainly not Safeway and it seems that at the moment certain people on here just have a pop at Safeway regardless of what he has actually posted.
People do like to read about things like this...it is called News and is also relevant to most people on this board.
:clap2: :clap2: well said ritchie of course something like this has relevants to an albion message board

BBC News :-

... The mother of another Briton detained on Monday night said he was a "lovely lad".

Margaret Williams, 55, from Burgess Hill, West Sussex, said she had not heard from her 21-year-old son Andrew and was worried about him.

"He must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time," she said. "I can't believe he would be a hooligan."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here