Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRIGHTON fans doing nothing for our reputation again

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Captain Sensible said:
Bollocks that its on the front page.

as in, oohh Bollocks I've just dropped my hat!

I have just had an email saying that it has made the front page of the Argus, along with his address, family stuff and who he works for. Now granted I have not seen this and you may have a copy of the Argus in front of you, but do remember that there are about 3 editions of the paper printed through the day, as it was always the Evening Argus.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Uncle Buck said:
I have just had an email saying that it has made the front page of the Argus, along with his address, family stuff and who he works for. Now granted I have not seen this and you may have a copy of the Argus in front of you, but do remember that there are about 3 editions of the paper printed through the day, as it was always the Evening Argus.

No i mean I believe you. It's the sort of thing that would make it straight to their front page and I'm sure the fans and club are dissapointed by it. Bollocks as in disappointed...sorry

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Captain Sensible said:
No i mean I believe you. It's the sort of thing that would make it straight to their front page and I'm sure the fans and club are dissapointed by it. Bollocks as in disappointed...sorry

It seems that they have included who he works for and the value of his parents house, not entirely sure how this is linked to the fact that the lad was deported.

Sounds like some gutter hack is hoping to get his big break in the nationals via this story.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Am I the only one who thinks that if you follow England away you should avoid town centres full of England fans on a 12 hour bender in the bars to avoid "wrongfull arrest".

You see the trouble in the UK regularly, and overseas the pigs arn't to keen on giving fans the benefit off the doubt.
If your of to foreign climbs there must be loads of things to do other than proping up a bar all day or mixing with those that have.

Its called asking for trouble!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Uncle Buck said:
yer thats right the headline is soccer fan in arrest shame with a big picture of him being led into court.it's got his address apprentice in the mobile phone game and im sure the firm that he works for are gonna be delighted about that

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Sounds like some gutter hack is hoping to get his big break in the nationals via this story.

It sounds like exactly what happens when anything newsworthy happens that has a relevance in the circulation area of ANY local newspaper. It gets covered! There is a choice of how much detail to include in a story but once court proceedings have taken place it is open season on names, addresses, employers, etc. That's the way news reporting works. And it's the way people expect it to work when it doesn't involve people they know or believe are innocent!!

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This is completely over the top.
For all we know the lad was enjoying a drink and got caught in the middle of it and just picked out by a portugese copper.
It will have no bearing on the Falmer issue whatsoever in the same way that Brighton fans involved in drunken fights on a Saturday night down West Street does.

Ninja, one minute you are having a pop at me for posting too much, then Im not posting my own thoughts. Make your mind up. Just because I was defending Safeway does not mean I want to have his children.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
What has the lad done ??????????? No one knows yet.
Why just class him as a Hooligan.Thought you were innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Can't help thinking he's been stitched up, we used to play in the same Sunday league side for a couple of years and he never once came across as any kind of hooligan, normally a very quiet lad aswell, this seems wrong to me.

oapdodge said:
What has the lad done ??????????? No one knows yet.
Why just class him as a Hooligan.Thought you were innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Trouble is - he (and others) have been persuaded that the quick and easy way out of the immediate problem (which is the fact that they have been arrested in a foreign country) is to admit the charges and get sent home.

With no time to think this through, they plead guilty and get all the publicity (and the rest of the consequences) back home.

Pleading guilty is the same as being proven guilty. He is now on record as a hooligan, whatever he did or didn't do.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here