Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans at Charlton

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Am hearing loads of reports of how well behaved our fans were yesterday. Loads of praise on twitter from Charlton fans.

Thought this is worthy of its own thread considering all the bad publicity we have had in recent weeks

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Our support was excellent yesterday. The 'left, right, left' chant was executed perfectly. GOSBTS way too fast again...... I really do feel our support is up there with the best....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Their stewards were top notch, totally friendly and talkative.

I was 2nd row from the back and the only dispute I saw was over a son standing on seat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]277505054225874944[/tweet]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I punched a fifteen year old girl in the face :moo:

Yeah, I watched you do it so now you are the chosen one - our dear leader

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I thought their stewards were top notch. Sensible with the people smoking at half time by the far end kiosk. Pint and a pastry for £5 was excellent!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Always a good atmosphere at the Valley

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Wasn't there a bit of a love-fest on the boards the last time we played them or some past season match?

If I recall it's a bit to do with they hate the same people we hate. My enemies enemy is my friend.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
The met police were so much better than last week...left after the final whistle, casually walked to the station, and was back in the pub at London Bridge by 5:20, very civilised!....Palace & Millwall need to take note (both terrible post-match)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I though that was Timmy ???

He was sacked the other week, played a round of golf and took 19 shots which is not good enough

Dandyman

In London village.
Wasn't there a bit of a love-fest on the boards the last time we played them or some past season match?

If I recall it's a bit to do with they hate the same people we hate. My enemies enemy is my friend.

It's also to do with Charlton fans having given us wonderful support during the Archer era. While most of our support was great yesterday, there are a few that need to learn/remember some history. Those fans with a sense of perspective joined in the applause at 3.07.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Having sat with a friend (two more to add to the away fan numbers) in the top of the West Stand - in what turned out to be a huge, eerie library – we came to a few conclusions.

1 Charlton supporters are indeed a very decent bunch, who appreciate good football, from either side. Majorly middle-class, polite and friendly – but nothing wrong with that.

2 Nevertheless, there was still one dreary, massed chorus of "Does your boyfriend…" from the home end. They'll be disappointed with that.

3 The Valley is a lovely ground these days – and I remember it when it could hold 80,000 on its enormous terraces. Having been superbly modernised, it still retains that authentic, four-stands feel, capable of producing great atmosphere. Thinking about it, a perfect model for imaginative redevelopment of Selhurst Park?

4 Albion fans were magnificently loud throughout the game. At times, we were even Leeds-loud. On which subject, away fans at Charlton occupy the Jimmy Seed Stand. Maybe Leeds United should follow suit, with their very own Seedy Jim Stand?

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Having sat with a friend (two more to add to the away fan numbers) in the top of the West Stand - in what turned out to be a huge, eerie library of Charlton supporters – we came to a few conclusions.

but you can't think what they were?

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here