Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton EIGHT Millwall TWO

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
That sentence now confirms to me that you are the type of person who I always thought you were. You aren't Lee from H block are you?

Listen boy you havent got a f***ing scooby who i am. And no im not lee from h block. If you've been stalking me that much trying to work me ou u'd realise i dont frequent withdean. :dunce:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
2 of our lot were were booted out within the first 15 mins. Just for taking their beer to their seat. Stewards were *#*# !!

Isn't it illegal to take beer to seats at a football match? If so, why were the stewards *#*#? Surely that honour goes to the idiots taking beer to their seats?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Isn't it illegal to take beer to seats at a football match? If so, why were the stewards *#*#? Surely that honour goes to the idiots taking beer to their seats?

Would u not think it a bit better to convisgate the beer, or even give them a final warning before kicking them out into the creme of bermondsey ??

Bit harsh to say the least.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Would the stewards have treated an old man with a snifter of Brandy, on a cold day, in the same fashion?

It depends what their orders are, I guess. I was a steward for a while, at Whaddon Road, during my uni days and I don't think that sort of thing was ever covered in our 'training'. The most valuable thing I taught myself was to be reasonable and never inflame the situation. Something a lot of stewards could learn.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
2 of our lot were were booted out within the first 15 mins. Just for taking their beer to their seat. Stewards were *#*# !!

Yeah, the rules on that are a bit vague aren't there.

Something else I noticed last night was the amount of Brighton fans smoking behind the stand at half time.

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Yeah, the rules on that are a bit vague aren't there.

Something else I noticed last night was the amount of Brighton fans smoking behind the stand at half time.

The gents had a thick smoker's haze in the air. I suppose that could have hidden the usual smell of toilets but it reminded me of how smoky some pubs used to be and It's so much better now they are 'clean'.

As for the 2 lads chucked out, they looked too young to drink and it didn't need three burley stewards to do it either. I think a stern talking to would have been enough.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Would u not think it a bit better to convisgate the beer, or even give them a final warning before kicking them out into the creme of bermondsey ??

Bit harsh to say the least.

Did you hear what was said between the idiots and the stewards? I didn't because I wasn't there. Maybe something was said that caused the stewards to react in the way they did?

Regardless, it was a pretty stupid thing to do-take your beer back to your seat (when it's not allowed) 3 days after Millwall were plastered all over the papers for crowd trouble.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
who was the young man in the yellow shirt who was removed after gesticulating to the Millwall fans?

there were quite a few around us with bottles of beer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here