Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton College.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Brighton college get 99% A-C pass rate, the next best school in Brighton & Hove get 62%.

Judd, the school my son goes to in Kent, got 100% A-C grades in GCSEs in 2008 and 2009. No pupils removed from the exam list. No fees.

I accept that Brighton College gets brilliant results, but I would disagree with the sentiment from Steve Foster that you get what you pay for. As I said, too simplistic.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
In five years of playing Brighton College, I never lost to them

Admittedly, I didn't play at the top end, but I am pretty sure Lancing ruled the roost on that front.

Started dishing out sport scholarships willy-nilly a few years back. Sarah Taylor and Holly Colvin, both bright girls I should add, both went there and have been fixtures in the England womens team. Their boys teams have been filled with county players since about 2004, similar story with rugby too I think. Impressively,it doesnt seemed to have harmed their exam results too much either.

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
Was at the JS in the late 70's and through to sixth form in the early 80's. Enjoyed it but imagine it has changed a lot. Played rugby for the Old Boys for a few years. Neil Lenham was quite useful with the bat and ball in my time there!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was there 87-92. Not ashamed to say i think it changed my life, from a 13 year old brat going nowhere at varndean to now working in a field i love.

As a kid, the tough teachers might suck, but as a parent that line of discipline is what i would want.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ofsted is your friend here

download the report from the website

They're franchising Brighton College and opening one in Abu Dhabi believe it or not

Also Dulwich College are doing the same and opening in Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Seoul, Beijing and Shanghai.

Big business

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
In five years of playing Brighton College, I never lost to them

Admittedly, I didn't play at the top end, but I am pretty sure Lancing ruled the roost on that front.

these days lancing get raped by BC.

If its cricket you want, BC, Eastbourne or St Bedes is where its at.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
They are VERY selective. I know of parents of 8 year olds that have been told that their child "isn't going to fit in at Brighton College" and been forced to take them to another school. They're good because they only take the brightest pupils.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
They are VERY selective. I know of parents of 8 year olds that have been told that their child "isn't going to fit in at Brighton College" and been forced to take them to another school. They're good because they only take the brightest pupils.

Not necessarily.

My step-daughter (not the most academically brilliant) wanted to go there, and they offered her a place.

D

Deleted User X18H

If you cough up the spondulicks they'll offer you a place. Simples!

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Shit at cricket.

Try telling that to Matt Prior. :rolleyes: Brighton College have always been excellent at cricket and produced many notable players over the years. They also had the benefit of first class coaches. John Spencer of course and in my time at BC Ian Thomson, Sussex & England.

Hurstpierpoint? I don't think so. I certainly remember carting their attack all over the park in 1973. :smile:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for everyones responses.

I appreciate many of you will not know, but any ideas on what drugs may be like here? I imagine better than the others around, but it's still a worry....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks for everyones responses.

I appreciate many of you will not know, but any ideas on what drugs may be like here? I imagine better than the others around, but it's still a worry....

Are you assuming the drugs will be better because the students have more money, and this will reflect in the quality ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here