Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Bus Strike Within 2 Weeks

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
£1.70 for a single IS expensive though, the last time i came down to brighton i was SHOCKED i was, seeing as i pay £1.80 for a DAY on newcastles excellent metro system

Have to say I was pleasantly shocked to find, last Summer, that the buses from Manchester Piccadilly station into the centre of town were completely FREE :ohmy:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
please let busses pull out, yeah right.........we will just force you off the road anyway, miserable cnuts. get f***ed.:rant:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Indedpendant and do a good job.

Alot better than Stagecocach
B&H Buses are part of the Go Ahead group , as pointed out previously by Lord B.
Any other bus company is better than Stagecoach. At least the buses in Brighton have GPS , Stagecoach Grimsby are still reliant on their analogue radio communications system. B&H Buses have about 280 vehicles in their fleet , Stagecoach in Grimsby & Cleethorpes have around 65. Crap bus service for a Crap Town which probably explains why our weekly ticket only costs £8.
Anyway the bus drivers should take industrial action as their wages are so poor in the first place. To earn the average weekly rate they need to work 6 days a week with awful shift patterns. If you had to drive a bus and put up with the knobheads that get on and the arsehole car drivers you would expect to be earning at least £10 p.h. wouldn't you ?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Compared to Yeovil, i think B&H buses are fantastic.

Hopefuly it will happen w/c 26/5 as i have that week of work if thereis to be a strike

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's all about value.

Some consider the price of an all day, unlimited travel in B&H to be expencive....yet will spend about the same price on a pint.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It's all about value.

Some consider the price of an all day, unlimited travel in B&H to be expencive....yet will spend about the same price on a pint.

I think the "day saver" is excellent value wise. I think to be able to go wherever you want ALL day long for £3 is brilliant!

I just don't like the £1.70 single fare, but then everything is rising in price nowdays so I just get on with it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the "day saver" is excellent value wise. I think to be able to go wherever you want ALL day long for £3 is brilliant!

I just don't like the £1.70 single fare, but then everything is rising in price nowdays so I just get on with it.

£1.70 single fare IS a bit on the hefty side for sure. Must be a lot of people who have to think twice about an outlay like that. Maybe the bus company could price the return like they do for the local trains, make it about ten pee more expensive for the return than it is for the single. Something like that. Tho in the longer term, evenm if they made the buses free, it'd take a congestion charge on private cars to unclog the roads in BN1. The stats are something depressing like 55% of journeys by private car are of a mile or less. These are the people that need the stupidity tax applied by way of a congestion charge.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
£1.70 single fare IS a bit on the hefty side for sure. Must be a lot of people who have to think twice about an outlay like that. Maybe the bus company could price the return like they do for the local trains, make it about ten pee more expensive for the return than it is for the single. Something like that. Tho in the longer term, evenm if they made the buses free, it'd take a congestion charge on private cars to unclog the roads in BN1. The stats are something depressing like 55% of journeys by private car are of a mile or less. These are the people that need the stupidity tax applied by way of a congestion charge.

Like I said to you in the thread about London Road, this proves one thing.

Brighton needs Ken Livingstone:thumbsup:.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Like I said to you in the thread about London Road, this proves one thing.

Brighton needs Ken Livingstone:thumbsup:.

Stranger things have happened. And I for one would absolutely LOVE for that to happen. Ken is a people's politician, and who knows, he might even be able to find a way to save the bandstand before some pikey cuuuunts make off with it in the night. Unlike the traditional bunch of political eunuchs that just about run the place.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Stranger things have happened. And I for one would absolutely LOVE for that to happen. Ken is a people's politician, and who knows, he might even be able to find a way to save the bandstand before some pikey cuuuunts make off with it in the night. Unlike the traditional bunch of political eunuchs that just about run the place.

He had a house in Brighton back in the 1990s, from what I've heard.

I also doubt he'd have let the West Pier get into such a state, he'd have OWNED the Noble Organisation in any court case.

I once found myself being interviewed by JoAnne Goode on the Brighton version of BBC SCR's Breakfast Show - only because the intended interviewee hadn't turned up and I had just finished doing an interview with John Radford on the Sussex version of the show.

She had been told just one thing about me, which was that I knew something about buses. Her first question was BRILLIANT:- "I saw Ken Livingstone on a bus in Brighton on Saturday. What do you think that was all about?"

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Overall the buses in Brighton are better than most other places (including Leeds where if you want an all day ticket it will cost you £3.70 before 9.30 and a 4 mile trip from my house to the centre of Leeds will cost you £1.80) except for the ridiculous child fares. I have just been to Brighton with my 6 year old son and had to pay full adult rate for him as he hasnt got and cannot get a BusID card. Now if thats not a way of ripping off the out of towners then I dont know what is.

And I cant beleive they have had to close the contraflow at Old Steine after its been there over 20 years because people didnt understand that buses could come down it against the flow of traffic. If they are stupid enough to cross the road, climb over the fence and then across the other 2 lanes to get to the pavilion then they deserve to be knocked over

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have just been to Brighton with my 6 year old son and had to pay full adult rate for him as he hasnt got and cannot get a BusID card. Now if thats not a way of ripping off the out of towners then I dont know what is.

:ohmy:

Is that what our bus company does? Charges small kids full fare unless they produce some kind of poxy id? Never knew that. Don't actually believe it. Use the buses enough to know that parents with kids get on all the time and no id is ever asked for or presented. Certainly not for a six year old, unless he or she has some kind of congenital disease that renders them six foot tall earlydoors. Weird.

Last edited:

Overall the buses in Brighton are better than most other places (including Leeds where if you want an all day ticket it will cost you £3.70 before 9.30 and a 4 mile trip from my house to the centre of Leeds will cost you £1.80) except for the ridiculous child fares. I have just been to Brighton with my 6 year old son and had to pay full adult rate for him as he hasnt got and cannot get a BusID card. Now if thats not a way of ripping off the out of towners then I dont know what is.
:ohmy:

Is that what our bus company does? Charges small kids full fare unless they produce some kind of poxy id? Never knew that. Don't actually believe it. Use the buses enough to know that parents with kids get on all the time and no id is ever asked for or presented. Certainly not for a six year old, unless he or she has some kind of congenital disease that renders them six foot tall earlydoors. Weird.
The flat fare for an accompanied child is 20 pence at all times. Unaccompanied children travel for 50p in the evenings and at weekends (and all day in school holidays). Kids aged under 14 don't need a Bus ID card to get child fares, so Gary Leeds was misinformed by the driver and should complain to the bus company.

This is the information from the bus company's website:-

Bus ID

A Free Identity Card for all Under 16's (Valid up to 31 August after 16th birthday)

This allows reduced fares and great travel offers on all Brighton & Hove bus services. BusID cards are issued free and are obtainable upon completion of an application form verified by your school. If you are aged 14, 15 and 16 you must have a Bus ID card to travel at child rate fares up to 6pm on school days.

Great bargains for all Bus ID card holders whatever the age include travel for just 20p at all times with an accompanying fare paying adult (up to 3 per adult).

After 6pm on schooldays and anytime at weekends and during specified school holidays (current dates for 2008 are 7-18 April, 27-30 May, 24 July - 3 September), Bus ID card holders can travel for just 50p per single journey when travelling alone.

Bus ID application forms available from Schools or 1 Stop Travel Offices. A pdf version of the form is available to download and print out from http://www.buses.co.uk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The flat fare for an accompanied child is 20 pence at all times. Unaccompanied children travel for 50p in the evenings and at weekends (and all day in school holidays). Kids aged under 14 don't need a Bus ID card to get child fares, so Gary Leeds was misinformed by the driver and should complain to the bus company.

This is the information from the bus company's website:-

Bus ID

A Free Identity Card for all Under 16's (Valid up to 31 August after 16th birthday)

This allows reduced fares and great travel offers on all Brighton & Hove bus services. BusID cards are issued free and are obtainable upon completion of an application form verified by your school. If you are aged 14, 15 and 16 you must have a Bus ID card to travel at child rate fares up to 6pm on school days.

Great bargains for all Bus ID card holders whatever the age include travel for just 20p at all times with an accompanying fare paying adult (up to 3 per adult).

After 6pm on schooldays and anytime at weekends and during specified school holidays (current dates for 2008 are 7-18 April, 27-30 May, 24 July - 3 September), Bus ID card holders can travel for just 50p per single journey when travelling alone.

Bus ID application forms available from Schools or 1 Stop Travel Offices. A pdf version of the form is available to download and print out from http://www.buses.co.uk

Cheers 'm'lud. Exactly as I thought :clap:

Reverting to Ken Livingstone ...

I wonder whether Boris will carry out his pledge to abolish free travel for kids on London's buses. I also whether anyone noticed that Boris had actually promised to do this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I wonder whether Boris will carry out his pledge to abolish free travel for kids on London's buses. I also whether anyone noticed that Boris had actually promised to do this.

Boris will do exactly what his minders tell him to do. He knows no other way.

Tho I believe it is his early intention to abolish ALL travel of any kind on the London Underground. Round about the time of his first meeting with Bob Crow and the RMT. Some VERY messy industrial action in prospect there :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I wonder if the lefties will ever stop having a dig at him since he beat Red Ken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here