Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Boundary Pillars on A23

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Tony Bloom should offer to replace the missing Pillar, as a sign of total commitment to wind up opposing supporters coming down the A23.

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Err. Brighton people call them pylons. When the Road was only two lanes they were closer together, much more noticeable and just like driving through a gate to the promised land, or out of it to the smoke.
A23_pylons_1992_s.jpg

Always know I'm home when I see these!

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
I drive into Warrington everyday on my way to work, and there is a sign, "Welcome to Warrington, the home of Warrington Wolves", along with club badge. Picture to follow tomorrow!
Something I think Brighton City council should consider.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're all mad. I'd like to join.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
When my wife and I lived in London, and drove back to God's own county for the weekend, I would sing GOSBTS AND salute whilst passing the Pylons heading south on the A23.

Its every patriotic Sussex man's duty you know...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I always smile because I know I'm back home when I see the pillars.

thats the ex-pat talking and just what I was going to say
don't anyone dare to do anything to them they are perfectly OK as they are

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That will be me.............

ROAD HOG!!! well i am little miss daisy in my small car-just waiting to glide past once you hit the breaks-it's all about pace control and momentum-

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
When me and my lottlens drive down the road we religiously start "weeeeerrrreeeeee" and then "in Brighton" as we go through them

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Err. Brighton people call them pylons. When the Road was only two lanes they were closer together, much more noticeable and just like driving through a gate to the promised land, or out of it to the smoke.
A23_pylons_1992_s.jpg

Isn't it the case that that the Pylons are still the same distance apart that they always have been; the southbound lane now occupies the same space that both north and south once did, so the western pylon is in the central reservation, and the eastern is on the edge of the southbound carriageway. Or am I wrong?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it the case that that the Pylons are still the same distance apart that they always have been; the southbound lane now occupies the same space that both north and south once did, so the western pylon is in the central reservation, and the eastern is on the edge of the southbound carriageway. Or am I wrong?
That's what I thought!

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
That's what I thought!

...and me. from what I can remember there did not used to be any central reservation between northbound and southboung traffic, only double white lines. The road had a slight kink in it too. V dangerous if not paying attention at 70 mph

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
jg_35_096.jpg

Hail guest, we ask not what thou art
If friend we greet thee hand and heart
If stranger no longer be
If foe our love shall conquer thee

Like.

Hail away fans, no matter how your distance was far,
you team will get beat whoever you are,
If stranger to Brighton your welcome be,