Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Boundary Pillars on A23

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there used to be a brighton scarf on them, i think that should be restored.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I always toot the car horn when re-entering Sussex.

Pillars and Shoreham Power station make me smile.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What do they use to mark the entry point into Grimsby out of interest sog?

I always despair when I see the flames from the vertical pipe stacks at Immingham/Stallinborough burning off gas at the oil terminal.:shootself

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I always despair when I see the flames from the vertical pipe stacks at Immingham/Stallinborough burning off gas at the oil terminal.:shootself

paints a picture-still in their own right they are unique i suppose.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I love to approach our glorious city from Devils Dyke, from the top of Snakey Hill you can see from Brighton to Shoreham. Same view in Quadrophenia as the Mods approach town.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
This is funny as i always say "seagulls" as i come through the pillars. Now my wife does it as well. And found out the other day that my grandad used to sing GOSBTS when he when he past them and he was from London (made me well up when i was told that). And strangely enough after a game when we were travelling home in a minibus at least 3 people said "seagulls" as we were coming through, so it goes to show that there are enough loons out their :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Boxes of rotting cod!

Back to the pylons.. They are always a welcome sight after a long drive down from wherever! A sign of home. :)

:rotlf: thanks,the Frazzles i were enjoying are strewn across my keyboard.

it's pathetic-and sorry to Seagullsovergrimsby but i have not laughed so much in a long time

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I cheer when I pass the West Sussex sign just before Gatwick on the M23 and cheer again when I pass the pylons.

Jul 20, 2003
I I'm East Sussex from an anti clockwise journey of the M25 I'll normally perform an amateur rim shot on the steering wheel

I used to do the same when I hit the seafront in Hastings after a clockwise journey but got put on a list :(

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I love to approach our glorious city from Devils Dyke, from the top of Snakey Hill you can see from Brighton to Shoreham. Same view in Quadrophenia as the Mods approach town.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I think you'll find that in the film, it's Eastbourne.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I seem to announce to everyone that there back home in Brighton and I nod. Don't know why but odd now if I didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here