Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton boo-boys 'favourites'

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I remember when Warren Aspinall actually managed to get round someone at the Withdean and then, for no apparent reason, fell over.

:lolol: :lolol:

superb

mccammon doesn't deserve the abuse he gets

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Can't believe nobody's said Dean Wilkins, he was nicknamed Wendy for his tackling abilities and always got a groan from the north stand nearly every match, yet he was also v.popular and bleeds BHA, becoming one of the most picked players of all time at our club (300+ I think). Used to give him so much stick as a teenager, yet there I was at his testimonial, you just couldn't dislike the bloke for some reason

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
keith dublin used to get shedloads of abuse.... I remember loads of fans singing to get his head out of his arse....

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Uncle Buck said:
Gary O'Reily.

Sort of agree. In his first spell was a decent right back, then after a spell at Palarse had all the skill kicked out of him and came back a donkeyesque centre half.

Mark Walton was never a favourite and Andy Kennedy. One i thought should have been a booboy target was Raphael Meade, but didnt seem to evoke any sort of reaction, just a stunned silence.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Johnnie Goodchild took some stick back in the old days.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Vlad the Impala said:
Terry Connor struggled to begin with, I seem to remember. But he overcame it with sheer hard work. A real star.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Stst Brother said:
Glancing through the 'sake thread got me wondering just how many players have worn the stripes & got nothing but abuse, whether justifed (if that's possible) or not.

And has anyone other than Tank made a lazarus type recovery.

Here's a couple to be going on with:-

Tony Towner (been mentioned but just before my time)
Kevin Bremner
David Lee

Ricky Marlow.
Robert Codner.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Albion Dan said:
Without doubt the most naturally untalented player to ever wear the stripes.

Whatever you think about Peter Smith, this particular honour must SURELY go to that complete arse, Ashley Neale. So horribly untalented I can't bring myself to smile at his grotesque attempts to impersonate a footballer even now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here