Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton boo-boys 'favourites'

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Except of course when he was booted in the bollox, it brings tears to the eyes just thinking about it

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Colin Pates used to have the whole North Stand chanting "Hooof" every time he tried to pass the ball.

My and a couple of mates were talking about that waster last nght. Does anyone remember at Kingstonian when, before the game, he was having heading practice and a couple of times he jumped, landed and then the ball hit him on the head? Useless.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone remember Chris Hutchings. Everyone booed him when he joined from Chelsea - partly because of his reaction at the Chelsea RIOT in 1984.

Turned out to be a decent signing for us though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Colin Pates used to have the whole North Stand chanting "Hooof" every time he tried to pass the ball.

Unbelievable as he was one of the classiest defenders we've ever had. Didn't he have dodgy knees which is the only reason he had to drop to our level?

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Simster said:
Anyone remember Chris Hutchings. Everyone booed him when he joined from Chelsea - partly because of his reaction at the Chelsea RIOT in 1984.

Turned out to be a decent signing for us though.

Remember seeing him at Millmoor, in the Albion fans bit after he left the club.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
andy petterson - ill never forget when he fell over, absolutely brilliant

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Brighton boo-boys 'favourites'

sully said:
I don't remember Tony Towner as anything but a complete local hero.

Does anyone else remember him getting abuse?

He was one of my choices for Heroes and Winners.

Great player for the Albion.

:clap2:

Absolutely agree 100%. I cant remember Tony the Tiger being bood ever

My pet hates, although I have never boo'ed anyone on my side ever....Neil McNab ( neil McMenace), Alan Curbishley, Nathan Jones and Garry Chivers. Also players who have left us under a cloud ( I will not boo Dan Harding BTW)

Apart from them I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove that actually they are dreadful

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Re: Re: Re: Brighton boo-boys 'favourites'

dave the gaffer said:
Absolutely agree 100%. I cant remember Tony the Tiger being bood ever

My pet hates, although I have never boo'ed anyone on my side ever....Neil McNab ( neil McMenace), Alan Curbishley, Nathan Jones and Garry Chivers. Also players who have left us under a cloud ( I will not boo Dan Harding BTW)

Apart from them I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove that actually they are dreadful

Tony Towner is now a removal man and when he done my brothers moving I started giving him a slow handclap and shouted can't you do anything right.
He said that brought back memories of the West Stand :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Re: Re: Brighton boo-boys 'favourites'

Lokki 7 said:
I don't remember K.Bremner getting much stick. Him and Nelson had quite a reasonable partnership I thought although not in the same class as Small / Bryne that followed them.

I thought boo-boys was the reason he left, as it was my 1st (sadly not last) knowledge of the phrase.
I definately remember someone from that era getting pooh loads of stick & leaving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here