Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Brighton &and& Hove Albion vs. Swindon Town - Official Match Thread***

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Right, as I'm up late after getting back from a heavy metal concert, I thought I'd kick off my Saturday by starting the official match thread a little earlier than normal.

Danny Wilson returns to the Withdean bringing his Swindon Town team along for the ride. Can the Albion make it two home wins in a row or will the former well liked Albion player (135 appearances, 33 goals) bugger things up for Gus and crew?

Let's hear it from you, the fans (who aren't at the game) about what you think of the game before, during and after. As usual, controversy will reign if we lose, pride and joy if we win, and the obligatory miserable bastard posts from Withdean Wanderer, whatever happens. :wink:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I think this will be a very interesting game, clearly Gus has the team playing a lot closer to how he wants now and success breeds confidence as we all know. However, Swindon are a tough side, in the top 6 now, and who also have a good manager. Plus they are looking to bounce back from a brief blip in their otherwise excellent recent form.
They have only lost 6league games all season and their away record is just 1 win and 1 draw worse than ours so that coupled with our crappy Withdean home form hoodoo makes this a potential speedbump of a game in our current late season rennaisance...

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Going to be a good'un. Havn't Swindon got a bit of a hoo-doo at Withdean? They never win?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Woke up to a flurry of texts and missed calls from my mate explaining that some ****'s nicked his wallet, which had our tickets in it. They were comps as well. This is gonna be a fun trip down to Queen's Road.

Harsh... good luck on getting in

Yabba Dabba Do

Oct 31, 2009
sunny seaFORD
I think this will be a very interesting game, clearly Gus has the team playing a lot closer to how he wants now and success breeds confidence as we all know. However, Swindon are a tough side, in the top 6 now, and who also have a good manager. Plus they are looking to bounce back from a brief blip in their otherwise excellent recent form.
They have only lost 6league games all season and their away record is just 1 win and 1 draw worse than ours so that coupled with our crappy Withdean home form hoodoo makes this a potential speedbump of a game in our current late season rennaisance...

On reflection cannot disagree with your analysis - spot on :thumbsup:

One thing Swindon do not have that we do though - splendid super supporters :albion2::albion1::albion2:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Our defence has been so good for so long, looking solid and only conceeding one comedy goal (Charlton away) so I have a horrible feeling this will change today and we will look shit house at the back

However, today is the day Glenn scores at home and Holroyd and Kazenga will come good

3-2 Brighton

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Nice one, wasnt a match thread fail like mine on monday.

2-1 Murray and Bennett.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
entertaining 2.2 draw. swindon are good team, can't see them losing 3 (or 4, not sure which) in a row. plus danny w's back and that's always nice, proper albion legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here