Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Brighton &and& Hove Albion vs. Swindon Town - Official Match Thread***

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Same old depressing Withdean story.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
On the plus side, there were six teams below us who all drew in six-pointers.

Don't think today's game was the best Albion home game on this afternoon - Burton 5 Cheltenham 6!

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
is there only one goal at withdean,and does it sit at the end that the away team are attacking?

sounds like it was a half decent performance again though.if we wernt playing well going into this stage of the season we'd be in alot of trouble...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
is there only one goal at withdean,and does it sit at the end that the away team are attacking?

sounds like it was a half decent performance again though.if we wernt playing well going into this stage of the season we'd be in alot of trouble...

It wasn't half decent it was crap. Crying out for a second striker then puts one on when it is too late.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
f*** sake here we go, unless we win every game people start being defeatist. It's a blip. Plenty of chances to get to 50 points! Calm down.

exactly.we aint a top six challenging side YET.so,we cant expect to beat all the teams at the top.we've given them a good game,and lost by 1 goal.

imagine if we'd not done so well in the last few weeks against those teams at the top.....

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
exactly.we aint a top six challenging side YET.so,we cant expect to beat all the teams at the top.we've given them a good game,and lost by 1 goal.

imagine if we'd not done so well in the last few weeks against those teams at the top.....

Agreed, I am not excusing defeat but perhaps this serves as a good warning there is a lot of work to do still. There are defo 4 teams worse than us. I reckon we will only lose won more at home this season!!!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
f*** sake here we go, unless we win every game people start being defeatist. It's a blip. Plenty of chances to get to 50 points! Calm down.

Our 11th home defeat is a blip? Yet another game in which we have a lot (today 9) shots and no goals is a blip?

I don't consider myself a defeatist, but to call today's result a blip isn't exactly accurate, given the last seven months of results at withdean.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
played well in the first half without scoring ....in teh second half, I thought they upped their game better than we did. Hence the score.

I do not understand the playing 1 up front at home when you have two excellent wingers who put in superb balls ( certainly LuaLua is class).....

Thought today, in teh second half, the defence reverted to type and hoofed the ball away too much....fine away from home, but when we are trying to win the game at home, this is not good enough

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Again there wasn't much between the two teams. I thought we shaded the first half and they shaded the second half. The only difference was that they took their chance which came because of some shite defending by us. We had chances, we just didn't take them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here