Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Leeds United, OFFICIAL THREAD

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The reality is that no other manager would do better with our current squad. This squad would struggle in league two. I'm sure of that. It's Adams job to sign players and create a squad a lot better than the shambles we have now. He's got two weeks to save our season, our league one status, and his job. If he doesn't then sadly I think the situation you just mentioned might come true.

he has had over six months in the job to sort it out. even stevie wonder could see that our midfield was a f***ing joke last season, especially when you take away westlake and racoon. yet what has he done to improve it? absolutely f*** all

had he have come into the job in july or after the season had started, then i would agree that he deserves time to sort it out. but he didnt. he had the ENTIRE summer to sort the team out, and has had another transfer window now in which we have done f*** all so far

you are right that the squad needs improving, but none of adams signings have done that. maybe it is time to get a manager in who realises where our problems lie and can actually sort them out, as opposed to signing shit that we dont need

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
but until the season actually started there was no real way for him to see just how bad it is. off.

Dean white also knew, dick knight probably knew, the players probably knew, and if I take over a team I have no knowledge of, I get the dvds of the games from the previous season, do some research so I know what sorts of players I have. Not to mention get to see them in pre-season...

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
murray was pretty shit when he came on. wish i saw the bust up between him and frase.

people have got to get things into perspective. listening to scr and the ammount of people on there moaning. we just played a team where every single one of there players would be without a doubt the best player in our team, including the subs. delph is about to be snapped up by a prem team (which is understandable, he looked absolute class in patches), there left back played against man u in the prem for stoke last month, robinson came off the bench and he is top quality too.

i think we actually played okay today. fraser looked good in the middle, el-abd won a lot in the centre there. fleetwood looked ok apart from his finishing. and our back 5 seemed pretty solid really. just switched off for their first, and to be honest was murray really going to catch up with delph? fleetwood maybe, but we;re talking about the slowest footballer I have ever seen play football here, just the lack of effort is a bit dissapointing.

obviously we need to find some midfielders in the transfer window, and probs another striker. but as far as today went its not all doom and gloom. we certainly competed with a team, who lets face it on paper should have completely blown us away.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
But that's the problem with changing managers when we did. You, me, and Dean Wilkins could see our midfield was shit. Micky Adams didn't watch us last season though, so how can you expect him to? I'm sure he was never under the impression it was good, but until the season actually started there was no real way for him to see just how bad it is. Then, in his defence, he did do something to sort it out quickly. He signed Johnson, Thornton, and Anyinsah. The problem is they were loan players. We've now lost them all, and Thomson too, so he's got to sort it out again. Give him the next two weeks to do it. If he doesn't then I'll be joining you in slagging him (and our midfield) off.

surely he would have carried out some research? he had the same coaching set up in place that have worked with these players all last season, he would have known that two first choice central midfield players were gone, surely that indicates the midfield needs improving - yet we ended up waiting until a good month into the season to bring anyone in, and then in the case of thornton and occasionally anyinsah, left them on the bench

and with a little more research, he could have found out that we had a plethora of good centre backs - elphick and lynch was a bloody good partnership, el abd was solid enough there after his early season shakes, and hinshelwood was still to come back. the solution? sign a lumbering oaf in hawkins and another central defender in virgo, then try and shoe horn them into the team anywhere possible

by all means give him the next two weeks, but i cant think of ONE adams signing that has made a lot of difference. and that doesnt fill me with confidence in letting him potentially spend money now and bring in new players, especially given the extremely dodgy position we are currently in

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why is everyone saying Murray was shit when he came on? He was quite clearly injured, he could hardly walk, that's a bit different to being shit!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wilkins masked the problem with loan signings, just as Adams has this season. What he now needs to realise is we need permanent midfielders. Preferably three or four of them. I don't think you can blame the man for not knowing before we'd even played a match. Dean White's clueless,

Are you an experienced league manager? I'm going to go with no. Yet, you are able to recognise that our midfield is weak and last season relied on loan signings. Micky, a very experienced league manager, should have been able to watch last season's games and recognise something that you, a (with all due respect) footballing amateur can see.

Dick Knight's not even anything to do with the football side of the club, and the players aren't going to admit where they're weak!

What about the senior players in the squad? Couldn't Michel Kuipers say something, him commenting on the midfield would come with weight, and he has a relationship with micky, what about the club captain, Nicky Forster? These players have a duty to themselves as professionals to be honest about the state of the club.

Dick knight picked micky adams, he and the board are responsible for appraising the job the manager does, and as such are involved in th footballing side of the club. They also have to ok all signings and would, I presume, want to know why Dean Wilkins wants the club to spend money on a given player. Dean Wilkins would have surely had to say to Dick and the rest of the board "We need Racon because the midfield needs bolstering". Come summer, Racon has gone, logic dictates we need someone to replace him. That is something Dick Knight should know.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
David Livermore?
:jester:

point proven

when livermore has played in the centre of midfield, he has looked like a very good player. just a shame adams would rather play JOKERS like el abd and virgo completely out of position, rather than give a run of games to a player who helped a side achieve promotion to the PREMIERSHIP last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here