Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth ***Official Match Thread***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why do we set up so negative at home and yet play Ulloa and Barnes away from home. Win at home, draw away.

The way we play makes us more effective away from home when teams have an obligation to try and break us down, rather than contain us. We need to get Agustien or Orlandi on the pitch in home games to play killer balls against efficient defences.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
come on lads - I've a bet with a dirty Leeds fan.......
and we are on identical points (and GD) at the moment.

2 goals in the second half please.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The way we play makes us more effective away from home when teams have an obligation to try and break us down, rather than contain us. We need to get Agustien or Orlandi on the pitch in home games to play killer balls.
Why wait to go behind to be positive, we are the home side.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Albion Roar ‏@albionroar 1m
Curse of Eddie Howe strikes again. Utterly bent penalty decision against the Albion, with his team kicking the shit out of #bhafc players.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's shit like this that come season end when you're X amount of points away from a seasons goal you look back and think that mother ****ing **** cost us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why do we set up so negative at home and yet play Ulloa and Barnes away from home. Win at home, draw away.
I agree. Barnes is in great form just now, so why not play him. This system of Garcia's is too rigid, if our players suit 4-4-2, why try and shoehorn us into 4-3-3/4-5-1.

Its a weakness of Garcia.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why wait to go behind to be positive, we are the home side.

Err not sure you can legislate for dodgy penalties, sounds like we were in control before the penalty.

Oscar will turn it around this half :thumbsup:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Absolutely not - Warren speaks far more knowledgeably about football than JC ever will.

Sorry but whilst JC is very poor, IMO Warren Aspinall only knows about football from decades ago. Doesn't seem to have any grasp of the modern game for me. He also said before the Chrlton game that Wilson was playing out of position and would be a weak link for Charlton which went well as a prediction.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on you super seagulls

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Very frustrating when Bournemouth have offered NOTHING and yet are still ahead. They've managed one corner and two shots off target in 45 minutes.

You don't mind being beaten by the better team, but this is rubbish. Poxy referee.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sorry but whilst JC is very poor, IMO Warren Aspinall only knows about football from decades ago. Doesn't seem to have any grasp of the modern game for me. He also said before the Chrlton game that Wilson was playing out of position and would be a weak link for Charlton which went well as a prediction.

I think (and might be corrected)
he still scouts for the Albion very knowledgeable but finds it hard to put into words
I am afraid the two on today know feck all about the game
bring back Sir Norman Gall

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bizarre penalty decision from my seat in the WSL - nearly as close a view as the ref but what he saw is beyond me. Utterly incompetent.

Johnny Byrne is saying all the media in the press room think it was a diabolical decision.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Err not sure you can legislate for dodgy penalties, sounds like we were in control before the penalty.

Oscar will turn it around this half :thumbsup:
Sadly ref's make mistakes as do players and managers. I think the bigger picture is we just aren't positive enough with our selection for home games.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Millwall 0 Leicester 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here