Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion versus Carlisle United - Official Match Thread

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't see us getting relegated, but as for the explosive end of season run well those fireworks look pissed on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus will be spelling out the consequences for players not getting the win today.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But this is the all new improved team, we will get the win today & change the stats a little

11 of those 21 games (3 draws not 6, I misread my records) took place under poyet. Only one of the three draws was under poyet.

The team is only all new and improved when it comes to scoring first. Otherwise, there's no real change.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
er........6 points off relegation as it stands..... no course there's no need for a little nervousness ???!!

I'm roughly 0.4% nervous about us going down. So perhaps a LITTLE nervousness yes, but very very very very little. A LOT of unlikely things would still have to happen for us to go down.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Anyone else think we're missing something upfront. Dickinson and Forster have to be a better bet than Banres and Holroyd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The team is only all new and improved when it comes to scoring first. Otherwise, there's no real change.

Nonsense. That's how a robot would see it (ie someone who based EVERYTHING on stats). This team is MASSIVELY different to that of the first half of the season in many ways, regardless of stats.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Looking at the league table, it is impossible for us to be back in the relegation zone by the end of Tuesday.

That's true - but it will mean nervous looks over our shoulder again if we lose both. I personally don't think we are out of the shit yet.

Remember the season under McGhee in the Championship - we all thought we were safe in March? Took until the last day to save ourselves, and if we aren't careful it could happen again.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Acker, could you find out what our WDL record is with Hoyte in the side? I'm fairly sure it's dreadful, I reckon he's a curse on us.

According to soccerbase:
hoyte.jpg

P15
W 5
D 4
L 6

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Northampton thought they were safe last season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nonsense. That's how a robot would see it (ie someone who based EVERYTHING on stats). This team is MASSIVELY different to that of the first half of the season in many ways, regardless of stats.

Yes, I was referring to the ability to come back from conceding first. Regarding quality, entertainment, etc. it is massively improved. Results wise, when we concede first there is no change.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Anyone else think we're missing something upfront. Dickinson and Forster have to be a better bet than Banres and Holroyd.

Dicko not even in the Peterborough squad by the looks of it and Forster won't be playing for the Albion again methinks

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
We are 6 points off relegation but it rather presumes 6 specific teams (orient included) do better than us. Can't see it myself but if we are to go for promotion next year Gussy still has a lot of work to do on this team.

Tranmere Exeter still to play each other
Orient still to play Milwall and Norwich (in fact Milwall away is their last game of the season) still have to play Stockport

Oldham and Southend still to play We still have to play Southend

If I were to back a team to go down it would be Orient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here