Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion versus Carlisle United - Official Match Thread

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Need another decent striker to Murray as a priority. The rest of them I wouldn't want playing for us next season. We have created very little up front in the last two games

I still find it rather frustrating that the reason he wasn't playing was that farcical dive against Southampton. Murray has some major plus points, but his diving annoys the hell out of me and I believe his reputation cost him a genuine penalty against Colchester. Then you have the double handball at Tranmere. We can't afford to lose our top striker in this fashion. He needs to sort out the play acting and petulant stuff.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It sounded like he did another Charlton.

Poyet said on Thursday that Brezovan was one of our stand out players this year. From what I've seen of the highlights, I'm a little less convinced.
Just got in..

Came for a looping cross which elphick probably would have dealt with, or at least challenged for, which was about 15/16 yards off his line. Even if their player (madine) had been left to head it, which he would have had to beat elphick to do so, there was no way he could have scored.
Ridiculous decision.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
4-5-1 doesnt work without murray.barnes still looks a bit raw IMO, not sure hes ezxperienced enough to play that role.
holroyd looked lively when he came on, think he maybe should be given a start or two towards the end of the season. he is under contract with us, after all

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
hi guys im mark hewitt looking to go on tuesday and i was just wondering if anyone going by train and can u pm me and wot time ur going by train please

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It sounded like he did another Charlton.

Poyet said on Thursday that Brezovan was one of our stand out players this year. From what I've seen of the highlights, I'm a little less convinced.

So you back your view of Brezovan from the highlights over what the manager says? Brezovan has been fantastic since coming back in to the side and played well again yesterday except for a moment of madness. I think it is the first goal you can blame him for though since he came back into the side and everyone makes mistakes.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So you back your view of Brezovan from the highlights over what the manager says? Brezovan has been fantastic since coming back in to the side and played well again yesterday except for a moment of madness. I think it is the first goal you can blame him for though since he came back into the side and everyone makes mistakes.

He cost us a point. End of.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He cost us a point. End of.

No it is not end of. The previous poster was suggesting that he was poor having seen highlights from before yesterday's game presumably. This is clearly not true. He cost us a point yesterday but has won us points quite often recently. One mistake since he came back into the team since mid February is pretty impressive.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would say the Carlisle keeper earned them the points by making some good saves. During the second half we were peppering their goal and he stopped most of them.

Absolutely and we also cost ourselves a point (or more) with poor finishing. I think if Murray had been playing yesterday, we would have won (and although I didn't go it sounds like Hartlepool may have been the same). Those silly bookings he picks up needs to stop, especially if he is still here next season as I imagine we will sign a couple of strikers and he may find it hard to get back in the side (whereas after the last two games he will surely be picked on Tuesday).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here