Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion V Rushden and Diamonds FA Cup "official match thread"

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
some fans are never bloody happy. mate of mine just texted me saying they are sat with supporters who are slagging dicko off. what feckin more do they want him to do. some people are never happy. tossers. i told them to smack em in the gob that might shut em up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
3-2 full time . Bring on the big boys.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Can you imagine what a premiership team would do to our defence? I really hope we don't draw one.

don't be so sure we might do better than you think ......................................then again maybe not !!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Is it a possibility that Smith is not the Graeme Smith of Rangers and Motherwell but is in fact an imposter, an opportunist, who has assumed his identity.
Is he John Roberts, a postman from Salisbury, who has never played pro football in his life but just fancied a go !

i have it on good authority he is actually a John Thomas

some fans are never bloody happy. mate of mine just texted me saying they are sat with supporters who are slagging dicko off. what feckin more do they want him to do. some people are never happy. tossers. i told them to smack em in the gob that might shut em up.

The fans that are at the ground are frankly entitled to slag the useless lump, if they think that he is no good. Unlike those of us who didn't attend today & are sitting by our computers

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Actually CG the link on the Sussex website for Albion commentary led to this page
BBC Sport - Football - Brighton v Rushden & D'mnds

The link in the TR corner led to the Chester v Eastbourne stream. I believe it was only due to the abandonment that Sussex switched it to Withdean.

They place the FA cup commentary links on the game preview page, I was listening to it from 3 O'Clock.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Doesn't sound like he was to blame for the second. And even the first we allowed them to run at us from miles out before they shot.

Everyone will kick off at Smith (and rightly so, he is poor) but the facts are that our defence is every bit as shit.

Of course, our defence is in desperate need of some sorting out. BUT, for perhaps the fifth game in recent months the opponents goals-for has been massively exaggerated by the presence of Smith. See the Southampton game for an example of a game where we have given the opponents just as many opportunities but had a more confident man between the sticks.

I don't want to make too many excuses, i just feel we're desperately disadvantaging ourselves sticking with Smith. And at the end of the day a teams confidence is always going to be more greatly affected by the amount of goals conceded (and subsequent result) more than anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here