Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion V Ipswich Town ****Official Match Thread****

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Absolutely. We just don't have enough goalscorers on the field, have to play 2 up front for home games, just have to.

Totally agree but we won't. ****ing bugs me not playing two up front at home. We're the home side for **** sake, take the game to them. Piss poor and we'll hear Jones banging on about how unlucky we were, really? **** off Jones you Welsh ****.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
64% possession, 3 shots on target, 11 off target.
Ipswich 4 shots on target, 4 shots off target.
That tells a story. We can't shoot striaght.

We can shoot straight, straight at the keeper.

Same for headers. The amount of headers that go straight into the keepers arms is ridiculous.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Absolutely. We just don't have enough goalscorers on the field, have to play 2 up front for home games, just have to.

Disagree entirely, there are a number of players on the pitch capable of scoring goals. The problem is the system.

We attack so slowly and methodically that teams have ample time to arrange themselves in 2 banks of 4 so we're incredibly easy to defend against, leaving us to pass it around aimlessly on the edge of the box or float balls into the box that most of the time Ulloa can't do anything with.

Players should be encouraged to look for balls forward quicker, to break with more pace and play riskier balls around the box or we will simply never score goals. We could stick Falcao up top in this team but we still wouldn't score goals because he would not get any decent service.

4-4-2.

We don't have enough goal scorers in the squad. I spoke about this "inevitability" about our play earlier in the season. We go a goal down and there is just nothing we can do from that point. We might sneak a draw but thats it. Someone needs to do some stats on the result depending on who scores the first goal. Today the same thing has happened that I have seen in about 40 games now. We press, dominate, few shots here and there, 60th minute they score, we then bring on Lua Lua and either draw 1-1- or lose.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
0-2 Ipswich had 2 chances and took them

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
fuksake.....well pissed off , typical BHA turnaround.........win the games you're not expected to and then loose the ones you're supposed to win........the Albion roller coaster continues ,why oh why we are so jaded in such important fixtures is truly beyond me.........get it in the net for fuksake...!!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Such a shame, every other game went against us. Tuesday is going to be tough I think, but need to win or it could slip out of our hands.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
We don't have enough goal scorers in the squad. I spoke about this "inevitability" about our play earlier in the season. We go a goal down and there is just nothing we can do from that point. We might sneak a draw but thats it. Someone needs to do some stats on the result depending on who scores the first goal. Today the same thing has happened that I have seen in about 40 games now. We press, dominate, few shots here and there, 60th minute they score, we then bring on Lua Lua and either draw 1-1- or lose.

Don't disagree with any of that. Going to be very interesting when Hoskins and CMS are fully fit. Bet they still only have one striker playing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here