Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and drugs

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Reading the earlier very honest posts about problems with coke, I wanted to test the water on peoples view of the town and its drug problem. of course the drugs league table is well documented, but how do people view it who have experiences of other british towns and cities.

What are your views on the old rang dang diggedy dangadang stuff that goes on in Brighton. Hastings is more smacked up per capita I always think but aside from real inner city drug problems Brighton must be one of the worst for 'recreational' use. seaside town, students, transient population but how far is the culture ingrained?

thoughts?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Drugs are for mugs. End of.

:rave:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Brighton is a party town and will always have a drugs culture but I don't see it as being more prevalent than anywhere else in the country.

If anything the clubs and bars have cracked down on it in recent years, I remember when you could always get pills at the big nights on the seafront but it seems to have all stopped these days. I personally think that's why clubbing in brighton has gone downhill. In the past year I've bought pills in birmingham, bournemouth and london clubs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have known people who take all sorts (recreational) and handle it to a point but after a certain age it seems a bit pathetic. Always seems to cause arguments etc, have seen very reasonable sober people turn into bloody monsters, making shit/dangerous decisions, mixing with people they wouldn't talk to when sober, being suggestable and making some very regretful decision that always makes them feel shite the next day. I used to have a fairly open mind but after seeing friends who are not arseholes act like arseholes I cannot be bothered with any of it anymore. In fact saw 2 of my very close friends turn into wankers this very Friday gone because they were stoned out of their gourds, was all very depressing.

Only 2 weeks ago a female friend called me at 2 in the morning because she had done coke with 2 guys in the pub she had never met before, invited them back to hers and got into a position she wasn't comfortable with, had to go all the way across town to sort it out. All very silly.

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Don't have a problem with people who do it / sell it ? Their choice.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
im a placid guy,never touched them,but my view changed when my children were born,one guy(scouse)came upto me in the bogs,offering coke,i lost it big time,ramming his head in the toilet seat,didnt hang around after to see the damage,another time,a manc approached me on a bus,again,nutted the fucker,kicked him a few times,told himhe had asked the wrong guy.HAave never,or would ever assoiciate with anyone that did drugs,i worry as my kids get older,esp last years at school as iknow it happens,god help anyone that offers my kids drugs

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
im a placid guy,never touched them,but my view changed when my children were born,one guy(scouse)came upto me in the bogs,offering coke,i lost it big time,ramming his head in the toilet seat,didnt hang around after to see the damage,another time,a manc approached me on a bus,again,nutted the fucker,kicked him a few times,told himhe had asked the wrong guy.HAave never,or would ever assoiciate with anyone that did drugs,i worry as my kids get older,esp last years at school as iknow it happens,god help anyone that offers my kids drugs

:laugh: What a hero you are.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
hero,dont think so,but certainly worried for my kids as they get older

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here