Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton and Crawley

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
It's not just Brighton fans that dislike them. Having an unpleasant convicted fraudster as manager doesn't help. Doubts remain about exactly who is funding them, and how long they'll remain happy to do so when only 2700 can be bothered to turn up to see them go top of the league, on a day with no higher league football taking place.

I was there, i live in Crawley and follow both clubs. Get a bit sick and tired of all the abuse that Brighton fans seem to direct at Crawley! :rant: OK so they havn't got a big support like Brighton (thanks all you JCLs!!) so what???

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
4996 is the figure I've seen quoted as capacity . Doesn't seem to be any demand to increase it beyond that right now. Where have all the fans from OT last season gone?

That was Crawley's cup final mate . . . it's a bit like saying what happened to the 30,000 Brighton fans that were at the Play-Off Final!!! :wrong:

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Can Crawley over a period of time really survive on 3500 gates, whilst paying excessive wages?

Officially of course this is not a problem as League 2 wages are capped to 60% of turnover, the problem will be that they will be limited to who they can attract with them not being able to offer high wages.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
15th highest average attendance so far this season, I don't think that's bad at all.

Like them or hate them their support is growing and they are making a decent push for the third division...good luck to them I say.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I like it that there are two Sussex clubs in the league. A.d both at the top of their respective tables.

Don't really understand some people's animosity towards Crawley.

Cause some people dont have a friggin clue about Crawley, "spending above means", if they didnt have the money, they wouldnt spend it, peolpe forget that they made over £2m in there cup run and have wealthy owners and some wealthy backers, the owners in particular are crawley through and through and would not take them down the route that the Majids did. Also the Gates are ok at the moment, this time last year the average home gate was about 1200, its now over 3000 and it will increase all the time they are doing well. I have to say seeing them this year I was very impressed with the team and its strengh in depth and I fully expect them to win League 2 at a canter and good luck to them I say.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't wish ill on Crawley. They just do not register, like if Eastbourne, where I live, had made it to the league. Perhaps they can knock a few hundred from the Palace gate? Next year this is not at all unlikely as they will probably both be scrapping it out in league one :)

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Couldn't give two monkey's about Creepy. I know I don't like Manure but what they did mocking the aeroplane disaster took the piss really.

"They" was one single idiot and he got banned by the club and punished by the Courts (can't remember what his punishment was).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Crawley = Pal@rse = no way am I pleased that they have found some rich owners who will no doubt fcuk off at some point... I hope they fall back to their natural level (Conf South) sooner rather than later...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Crawley = Pal@rse = no way am I pleased that they have found some rich owners who will no doubt fcuk off at some point... I hope they fall back to their natural level (Conf South) sooner rather than later...

They have never played conferance South, just shows how long they were a Conferance team where they never struggled at the foot of the table and have rightly earned a spot in the football league as they have the best players and played the best football. Yes they had the biggest budget as they had an owner that wanted to invest following the shocking dealings of the Majids who took the club to hell. Crawley are where they are on merit and I think will be there a very long time.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think Crawley are slightly unlucky in terms of their support. If they'd made the league pretty much anytime in the previous 30years they could probably have expected to get larger crowds. As it is, they've chosen the one time that Brighton in that time period have spectacularly pulled their shit together. If we were still playing at withdean and slumming it in the bottom half of league one, how many more would crawley have gotten? 500? 1,000?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
no issue with Crawley at all. I would think a county the size of Sussex both East and West can manage to support two football league clubs. What would be interesting is if Crawley go up this year and are challenging in league one - that would be great news for local football. Not that I am inclined to go and watch them - just not bothered that they are doing well and wish no ill on them at all.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
They have never played conferance South, just shows how long they were a Conferance team where they never struggled at the foot of the table and have rightly earned a spot in the football league as they have the best players and played the best football. Yes they had the biggest budget as they had an owner that wanted to invest following the shocking dealings of the Majids who took the club to hell. Crawley are where they are on merit and I think will be there a very long time.

Well done mate! Someone who knows what they're talking about at last! :thumbsup:

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Being Sussex born and bred, I love seeing Sussex teams do well. Particularly delighted at both the Albion and Crawleys progress. My family Fought and died for this land in WW1 they are commemorated in the Memorial Gardens in Crawley. Yes we lived in that part of Sussex and many of the family still do support Crawley and the Albion. To those who think North Sussex is not Albion territory think again!

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004

:wrong::tosser:

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
I don't wish ill on Crawley. They just do not register, like if Eastbourne, where I live, had made it to the league. Perhaps they can knock a few hundred from the Palace gate? Next year this is not at all unlikely as they will probably both be scrapping it out in league one :)

Just live in Eastbourne or Eastbourne born and bred? How could you not have an interest in your home town club if they made it into the league??? I am Crawley born and bred and lived here 48 years but Brighton were always my league club, I have had season tickets, followed them home and away and been at all the big history-making games but I have also always stayed in touch with my home town club and watched their games when I can. So far this season I have seen Brighton 3 times and Crawley 3 times and will continue to watch both teams. I am loving it this season so far - 2 league teams to follow, 2 lots of goal highlights to watch on Saturday nights, both teams doing well! If they ever get into the same division - a draw would be a great result! :thumbsup::smile:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Just live in Eastbourne or Eastbourne born and bred? How could you not have an interest in your home town club if they made it into the league??? I am Crawley born and bred and lived here 48 years but Brighton were always my league club, I have had season tickets, followed them home and away and been at all the big history-making games but I have also always stayed in touch with my home town club and watched their games when I can. So far this season I have seen Brighton 3 times and Crawley 3 times and will continue to watch both teams. I am loving it this season so far - 2 league teams to follow, 2 lots of goal highlights to watch on Saturday nights, both teams doing well! If they ever get into the same division - a draw would be a great result! :thumbsup::smile:

I agree with everyting you said, apart from the last comment!!!! Brighton will always be first and no matter who they play including Crawley if it ever happened, I would want Brighton to win.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Sweet Jesus. If that happens anytime soon something will have gone BADLY wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here