Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton and Crawley

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
4996 is indeed capacity.

Average home gate (bsp premier - 23 games) was 2,491.

After 3 League 2 games, average is 3,100.

So crowd is increasing - slowly maybe, but increasing.

Btw - when new stand goes up - at should be capacity of around 6,000.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Being a West Sussex person and having had many years in the non league scene, I am well chuffed for Crawley, even if I don't support them. Even helped organise a game against their 'legends' a few years back in aid of the Supporters trust at Oakwood when they were being royally screwed over by the Majeeds. It is also a really good thing for non league football to see the Sussex sides succeeding. Don't really get the dislike from Brighton fans, they aren't our rivals and therefore shouldn't be seen in the poor light shown by a few. Good luck to them and I hope they get promoted to have a real rivalry with Palarse next season.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Being a West Sussex person and having had many years in the non league scene, I am well chuffed for Crawley, even if I don't support them. Even helped organise a game against their 'legends' a few years back in aid of the Supporters trust at Oakwood when they were being royally screwed over by the Majeeds. It is also a really good thing for non league football to see the Sussex sides succeeding. Don't really get the dislike from Brighton fans, they aren't our rivals and therefore shouldn't be seen in the poor light shown by a few. Good luck to them and I hope they get promoted to have a real rivalry with Palarse next season.

It's not just Brighton fans that dislike them. Having an unpleasant convicted fraudster as manager doesn't help. Doubts remain about exactly who is funding them, and how long they'll remain happy to do so when only 2700 can be bothered to turn up to see them go top of the league, on a day with no higher league football taking place.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Congrats to them, Impressive scoreline and they've made the step up well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In Sussex everything north of the downs is in the weald. Did you mean the High Weald perhaps?

I meant to question whether BOF thought all of Sussex was dead to him except the Downs locations. I agree with your definition, once you leave the Downs, to the north, then you enter the Weald. I love living in the Downs but there are some cracking towns and villages in the weald.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Good luck to them, got lots of mates who have supported them for years, followed them through the years. For them I wish them well

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Don't have a problem with Crawley but what's going to happen if they go up ? The Broadfield will not be up to League One Standards, especially if the much expected local derby with Palace takes place.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011

same, we should be supporting teams like Crawley, not shoving their noses in shit, dont forget we were once in a lower position when we could have been pushed out of the football league struggling too survive, just because they are in a lower league should not mean we should dismiss them as a team, i am sure many Crawley fans support Brighton too as do I

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
We will face that problem, IF we get there ...

I can appreciate some have concerns over the money side, who are shareholders, etc..

However, most clubs don't actually say who owns what. Plus the majority of clubs are debt ridden. At the beginning of our Conference winning season, ALL outstanding debts had been paid off and the club was in the black. Given that the FA Cup run netted around 1.5 million pounds (and that's a conservative estimate), the club is in fine shape. And as for us being big spenders, we signed seven players this season. Six were on free transfers ....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good luck to the fellow sussex club.

Palace and Pompey are our rivals.

Hope they go up and their crowds increase

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Why does everyone think palace will be going down and forming some kind of rivalry with palace ? There is no way the scum will get relegated this season, they won't be going up but no where near relegation either !

Last edited:

overspill red army

May 28, 2011
Good luck to the fellow sussex club.

Palace and Pompey are our rivals.

Hope they go up and their crowds increase

Thats right,until Crawley and Brighton face each other in the same league they are not rivals.
It has to be good for Sussex( crawley has always been part of sussex)that two clubs are leading the charge in their leagues.

The crowds will increase at Crawley,the difficulty we have compared to Brighton is that Brighton have had support from all over Sussex and beyond for years.
Crawley has to virtually depend on support from within the town itself.It would be good if we could muster a bit of support from outside Crawley,but we all know how the rest of sussex view Crawley,which is a shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here