Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton and Crawley

overspill red army

May 28, 2011
Brighton top of the Championship.
Crawley top of League Two.

Sussex having two clubs top of two leagues in English football is pretty bloody good.:clap2:

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Couldn't give two monkey's about Creepy. I know I don't like Manure but what they did mocking the aeroplane disaster took the piss really.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
harsh chaps, gives the norh sussex oiks something to do instead of follow pale arse......would have thought that was a positive.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I'm really hating that I had Swindon rather than Crawley in my accumulator (alongside Brighton & Charlton). Initial inclination was to go for the latter, but Swindon's odds were four times better. Sodding idiot Di Canio.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pleased from a Sussex football perspective, however can't help thinking it will all end in tears with bankruptcy and people owed money etc... etc...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The only surprise about this thread is Steve Foster didnt start it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Because Crawley have come into some money, i e a rich successfully business man wanting to spend his money on a football club to make then successfully you think its wrong ?

How else did other clubs do it ?

Were just lucky we got Tony Bloom. see what I just did there.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How long can Crawley sustain their place on those gates though ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Because Crawley have come into some money, i e a rich successfully business man wanting to spend his money on a football club to make then successfully you think its wrong ?

How else did other clubs do it ?

Were just lucky we got Tony Bloom. see what I just did there.

I think a further difference is non-league clubs (last year) did not have players earning more than Championship players (source - quoted by Robbbie Savage on radio 2). Can Crawley over a period of time really survive on 3500 gates, whilst paying excessive wages?

Of course we were fortunate, but I like to think there is a solid infrastructure sitting behind it....

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
No prem or Championship games! so should be a bumper crowd, playing against the Gas (decent support) that is prob as bigger crowd as crawley can muster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here