Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Wants Contract Decided Now

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Albion midfielder keen to secure his future From The Argus)

Liam Bridcutt wants a quick decision on his Albion future to avoid another summer of uncertainty.

Bridcutt joined the Seagulls in August on a short-term contract until January.

That has since been extended until the end of the season but the midfielder is keen to avoid a repeat of the situation he faced after parting company with Chelsea.

He had pre-season trials with Crystal Palace and Wycombe Wanderers before Albion snapped him up to replace the injured Alan Navarro.

Bridcutt, 21, said: “I would like to get my future decided very early. Last season I was out of contract at the end of the season. I found it very hard to get into teams and even to get into the side when I came here.”

Seems its not only Murray we need to start worrying about losing...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can understand his point of view. What you have to remember about Bridcutt is that he's been farmed about by Chelsea even before coming to us. His career is at a bit of a crossroads, and he wants a firm commitment from someone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Give him a 3 year contract. Good player who will grow with the team.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Seems like an honest and reasonable response and I think we'd all be the same if it was out careers on the line too. I am a self-employed contractor and it is a worry when you come to the end of a contract, as there is a lot of uncertainty. It must be even worse for a footballer.

I think he has done more than enough to show his worth and I am sure this will be resolved.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Give him what he wants, quality and will only get better under the pupillage of Gus

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
1 Year deal for me too.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sign him up. Cosidering his age I'd give him a 2 yr contract to give him time to upgrade if we get into the Champ

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
imo he will only be a back up for navs... so will he be content on the bench next season? if so give him an 18 month contract!!!
good player tho, so hope he stays

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can't see any reason the lad doesn't deserve a 2 year deal. Getting better and better and would be a great permanent addition to the squad

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it wise to go public and be seen to be pushing Gus? Nicky Forster springs to mind

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Is it wise to go public and be seen to be pushing Gus? Nicky Forster springs to mind

We don't know anything about this. Perhaps he has already spoken with Gus about this? In which case it's not unreasonable for him to say he wants his future sorted ASAP when asked by the press. Nothing like Forster as far as we can see IMO.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Who else is out of contract with him? There must be a few to sort out. If we go up, there is also the potential to buy better than what we have, which means if they did sign a new deal, they may not play any way

Glenn Murray
Radostin Kishishev
Adam El Abd
Jamie Smith

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Alan Navarro as well.

I'd give Bridcutt a 2 year deal personally. He's been one of our most consistent performers in the last few months. Even in the woeful home games against Woking & FC United he just kept doing his thing, and was one of the few to come out with any credit. Potential to be a top asset in the future, and has all the physical/playing attributes to become a decent Championship midfielder.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
OGH is out of contract at the end of the season too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here