Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Wants Contract Decided Now

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
i think all these players being out of contract is the ONE thing that can distract us from promotion this season...its worrying

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Am i alone in thinking Bridcutt is a better option than Nav?

No you're not. Bridcutt is an absolute gem of a player who could prove to be as important to us in the long term as some of the great Albion midfielders of days past.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think he is a bit differant to Navs. Liam's a bit more creative where's Navaro is a bit better defensivly.

Bridcutt is only 21 though, and improving and gaining experience all the time. At 28(?) Navarro is pretty much at his peak now, don't think there's much improvement to come. Also, don't forget how long it took Nav to get going when he first arrived. I don't think he'll be back to full fitness until the beginning of next season with a full pre season under his belt. If we're in the Championship I'm not sure he can play at that level, whereas I think Bridcutt has the potential to make the step up...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Navarro is a better player than a lot of people are remembering him as.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bridcutt is good but not the football genius many on here think. He still gives the ball away really cheaply too often for my liking. He's good enough to get at least another year though.

agree , when he is good he is excellant . Can go missing a fair bit as well.

Worth a year I'd say.

A fit Navarro is a better player I think

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is it wise to go public and be seen to be pushing Gus? Nicky Forster springs to mind

That was my immediate reaction. He wasn't with us last year so maybe doesn't realise how the Forster situation played out.

Hope not, as he looks a decent prospect to me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Am i alone in thinking Bridcutt is a better option than Nav?

For me it's hard to say as Navarro was in excellent form towards the end of last season, however I think Bridcutt will definitely go on to a higher level than Navarro will ever reach, better player all round.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
2 year deal. Young and ideal replacement for Kish. If we don't sign him up now he will be able to talk to other clubs and, if we lose him, will have to pay a considerable amount for a replacement player of the same calibre. Certainly good enough for the championship and will get better.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Liam deffo worth a contract and I hope Navs will come back as good as he was but that cannot be taken for granted after an ACL problem.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Who else is out of contract with him? There must be a few to sort out. If we go up, there is also the potential to buy better than what we have, which means if they did sign a new deal, they may not play any way

Glenn Murray
Radostin Kishishev
Adam El Abd
Jamie Smith

al abd has still got a year left i think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here