Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt - I think he's our new Nobby Horton

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What do you reckon? I think for starters he should be vice-captain. It's sometimes difficult to believe how young this kid is. What a player and what a great attitude to the game to. Remember that during all the Murray debacle at the end of last season his agent recommended Bridcutt stay and thank God he did.

Happy days!.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's my 'keep it simple', anti-flair HERO.

Terrific player, with incredible NOUS for his age.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Technically, he is brilliant. His positional play is unbelievably good, and he's fantastically consistent. Hearing excellent things about Anton Rogers too. considering too, how well Jack Cork is doing in the same spot in the Saints team, somebody at Chelsea certainly knows how to develop a decent holding midfielder.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh and it's always important when discussing the brilliant Liam Bridcutt, not to miss an opportunity to remind everyone that he had a trial at Crystal Palace last summer, and they saw nothing in him. Great work Palace coaches :clap:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
What do you reckon? I think for starters he should be vice-captain. It's sometimes difficult to believe how young this kid is. What a player and what a great attitude to the game to. Remember that during all the Murray debacle at the end of last season his agent recommended Bridcutt stay and thank God he did.

Happy days!.
long way to go yet? NOBBY HORTON the best captain we have ever had:albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liam has become this years Mr Consistency and is improving each week. I said on another thread we hadnt had midfielder with the presence of Paul Rogers since he retired but I think that Liam could go on and emulate him. Congratulations to him and the coaches who have brought out the best in him.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Oh and it's always important when discussing the brilliant Liam Bridcutt, not to miss an opportunity to remind everyone that he had a trial at Crystal Palace last summer, and they saw nothing in him. Great work Palace coaches :clap:
Didn't realise he had a trial at Palace before he came to us. Oh it just gets better and better!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Lovely - their loss,very much our gain.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Makelele who? They'll be calling it the 'Bridcutt Role' in years to come.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
When he first came I could not quite work out why I had reservations when everybody else seemed to be convinced he was the deal. Then I realised it was because in that position I think you needs a high level of consistency - and he was playing his first professional games, on a short term contract, in a system he had to get used to, but was central to - so it was understandable why in some games his form seemed to have dropped. Now he just looks fit, confident, sure of his place, and is playing at a consistently high level. What a player.

Not sure about his personality for captaincy though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Liam has become this years Mr Consistency and is improving each week. I said on another thread we hadnt had midfielder with the presence of Paul Rogers since he retired but I think that Liam could go on and emulate him. Congratulations to him and the coaches who have brought out the best in him.

Blimey! I'm in total agreement with you BG! Either you or I am mellowing! He was today my MOM by a country mile.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Desire comes into things a lot,also a players state of mind & his wag's for that matter-Liam is gifted but he has a recent addition to his clan & a lot can be said of the influence of Radostin Kishishev too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nobby played in the days when you didn`t have 'holding midfield players'

Bridcutt was amazing today, MOMatch and a great future is in store for him. I hope it is with us.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Top quality player,rated him highly from day one.Hope he stays with us for a long time,he certainly has potential to be an Albion "Great".I was talking to a Chelsea STH when he first joined us who had seen quite a bit of him and was gutted to see him leave Chelsea as he too,saw a great future for him.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's my 'keep it simple', anti-flair HERO.

Terrific player, with incredible NOUS for his age.

YEP YEP and YEP.

All season he has been immense. Have been saying it for a while now. Ever since I saw little glimpses of his excellent attitude against Burgess Hill in a pre season friendly.

If we don't get to the prem this year, I fear there could be some very big bids for this fella.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
He is great, plays his part well and hasn't had a bad rating all season (as far as I can recall).

However, I think captains should always be vocal and driving, as Greer and Calderon are. Bridcutt doesn't strike me as captain material, although I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here