Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt - I think he's our new Nobby Horton

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think he's probably my favourite player in our squad, which considering some of the flair on offer is a sign of how good, and important, he is for us

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
honestly rate him as one of our best players, always overlooked by people in my opinion never puts a foot wrong works hard, distributes immaculately and for a little guy, he sure shows his presence!

love Bridcutt

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think he's probably my favourite player in our squad, which considering some of the flair on offer is a sign of how good, and important, he is for us

So true-i could be wrong but imo he is THE single player i would hate us to lose through injury,Gus being Gus though i am sure would find a loanee or system to counteract it,but i would not want to chance it.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
He is great, plays his part well and hasn't had a bad rating all season (as far as I can recall).

However, I think captains should always be vocal and driving, as Greer and Calderon are. Bridcutt doesn't strike me as captain material, although I wouldn't mind being wrong.

You can be a captain without shouting. Quiet words and a different approach to the game doesn't mean he's any worse a captain, plus he leads by example..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
long way to go yet? NOBBY HORTON the best captain we have ever had:albion2:

Probably the best captain, but Liam is a better player. I saw almost every game Nobby played for the Albion from his debut onwards and whilst his influence cannot be denied, IMO Liam is already a better passer and tackler.

In terms of captaincy Steve Foster wasn't bad either.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Desire comes into things a lot,also a players state of mind & his wag's for that matter-Liam is gifted but he has a recent addition to his clan & a lot can be said of the influence of Radostin Kishishev too.

Very true - You couldn't not learn from Kish

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Liam has become this years Mr Consistency and is improving each week. I said on another thread we hadnt had midfielder with the presence of Paul Rogers since he retired but I think that Liam could go on and emulate him. Congratulations to him and the coaches who have brought out the best in him.

Did Paul Rogers suck your cock or something? He wasn't that good!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Probably the best captain, but Liam is a better player. I saw almost every game Nobby played for the Albion from his debut onwards and whilst his influence cannot be denied, IMO Liam is already a better passer and tackler.

In terms of captaincy Steve Foster wasn't bad either.

Foster was an excellent captain but Horton was exceptional. He's the benchmark that all BHA captains have to measure themselves by. I do agree though that technically Bridcutt is a better player and his attitude to the game is definitely up there with Horton's.

As HKFC and others have said - it's the ability to do the simple stuff so well. Forget your foreign flair-meisters - Bridcutt is my fave player.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've always thought that there was a similarity between Horton and Calderon, its probably just the beard though :D

brighton.htm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here