Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Horton

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I went away for the weekend to a hotel in Yorkshire to celebrate my 50th birthday.

Hull City were staying there and I bumped into Nobby outside the lift. I shook his hand and told him he was an Albion legend. He was very happy to reminise about his playing days at the Goldstone. He said they were great days, the best of his career. He asked me about my family and what we were doing up there. I said we now lived in Lincolnshire and have moved around, but I said I always felt at home when I went to Brighton games. He said so did he.

The next morning I got "A Few Good Men-The BHA Dream Team" as a birthday present from my son. Nobby was in there so my son took it down to get him to sign it. He was there with Phil Brown, who rinsed him about anyone remembering his playing days at Brighton. Nobby again said these were the best years of his life He then showed him that Mark Lawrenson was in the book and said "see, there was real quality at Brighton".

I must admit I used to feel disappointed, even a little betrayed when Brian left us to manage Port Vale but I now have absolutely no doubt that he feels very loyal to us. A top, top man IMHO.

I also shook Paul McShane's hand and thanked him for the goal at Selhurst Park. Again he seemed a nice, humble guy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
nice :thumbsup:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I went away for the weekend to a hotel in Yorkshire to celebrate my 50th birthday.

Hull City were staying there and I bumped into Nobby outside the lift. I shook his hand and told him he was an Albion legend. He was very happy to reminise about his playing days at the Goldstone. He said they were great days, the best of his career. He asked me about my family and what we were doing up there. I said we now lived in Lincolnshire and have moved around, but I said I always felt at home when I went to Brighton games. He said so did he.

The next morning I got "A Few Good Men-The BHA Dream Team" as a birthday present from my son. Nobby was in there so my son took it down to get him to sign it. He was there with Phil Brown, who rinsed him about anyone remembering his playing days at Brighton. Nobby again said these were the best years of his life He then showed him that Mark Lawrenson was in the book and said "see, there was real quality at Brighton".

I must admit I used to feel disappointed, even a little betrayed when Brian left us to manage Port Vale but I now have absolutely no doubt that he feels very loyal to us. A top, top man IMHO.

I also shook Paul McShane's hand and thanked him for the goal at Selhurst Park. Again he seemed a nice, humble guy.

Midfield masterblaster :bowdown:

D

Deleted member 2719

What a player he made the whole team tick he was inspirational i think i would have let Nobby and Mc SHANE spit roast me.:love:

Nobby was a legend.

:bowdown:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Met Nobby in the Walsall Post House a number of years ago,when he was manager of Man City.Can't remember who they were due to play,but one of the Brummy teams.Had a good chat about the good old days.Fantastic bloke,great skipper....couldn't we do with a player like him today!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
What a player he made the whole team tick he was inspirational i think i would have let Nobby and Mc SHANE spit roast me.:love:

Nobby was a legend.

:bowdown:

Trouble is Mouldy, you would let anyone spit roast you, possibly even Simon Jordan & Neil Warnock :ohmy: , you old tart :wink:

Nobby is a legend thogh

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Great penalty taker too.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
absolutely top bloke. when I started in the early/mis 70s he was one of, if not THE top reason for me getting the bug, and still having it 35 years later.

Contrast what nobby feels with ctnus like Leon Shight, who bad mouthed the club when he left.

Nobby, total respect.

Dandyman

In London village.

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
He was seriously good, both as a midfielder and a captain. I wish we had someone half as good as him now.

EW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here