Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Horton

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
My favourite ever player. Absolute LEDGE. Played with passion, never let the side down.
He would bollock his own team, if they were not doing their job.
If you got the 'Nobby stare', you were in trouble.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
f***ing have some of that you Palace C***S! (is what I reckon he was thinking).
nobby.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

Trouble is Mouldy, you would let anyone spit roast you, possibly even Simon Jordan & Neil Warnock :ohmy: , you old tart :wink:

Nobby is a legend thogh

You have crossed the line now - Jordan and Warnock :sick:

Maybe you and Webbyson!

:drool:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Definite legend, could play a blinder, bollock or cajole his team mates and have a 90 minute running discussion with the ref, all at the same time :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nobby was mentioned in one of the famous referee's, Jack Taylor I believe, autobiography. He mentioned about players who were constantly moaning about decisions and so on. During one game he had finally had enough of Nobby and so proceeded to lecture him that he had only taken up reffing to get away from his wife's constant nagging and that he considered Nobby to be a bearded version of his mrs and to shut up. From that moment on he did hear a whisper from him.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Might be a top bloke but left his "beloved" albion to manage Port Vale whilst we were struggling at Priestfield. OK Fair enough went to his boyhood team you might say, but the real issue was the Jeff Minton injury scam. Just as the transfer window was approaching our one valuable asset picked up a mystery injury so depriving us of cashing in and maybe buying a couple of other players. Just as the window closed he was fit again - guess where he ended up at the end of thew season??? Yes .... Port Vale on a free transfer. Does that make Nobby a bad person - of course not. but just wake up and smell the coffee ,he is just another journeyman footballer who doesn't really give a shit about anyone other than his current job and of course his own team Port Vale

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
f***ing have some of that you Palace C***S! (is what I reckon he was thinking).
nobby.jpg

I don't know if thats what he was thinking but it was what most around me were.

If we could find someone half as decent a midfielder general as him we would be made the man was pure football, how it should be played and the best captain I'v seen on a football ground.
Legend does not do him justice

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
and you can have his mooey on you legend tee-shirt...go to cult zeros.com and search nobby fabregas twatting horton

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Might be a top bloke but left his "beloved" albion to manage Port Vale whilst we were struggling at Priestfield. OK Fair enough went to his boyhood team you might say, but the real issue was the Jeff Minton injury scam. Just as the transfer window was approaching our one valuable asset picked up a mystery injury so depriving us of cashing in and maybe buying a couple of other players. Just as the window closed he was fit again - guess where he ended up at the end of thew season??? Yes .... Port Vale on a free transfer. Does that make Nobby a bad person - of course not. but just wake up and smell the coffee ,he is just another journeyman footballer who doesn't really give a shit about anyone other than his current job and of course his own team Port Vale

What utter tosh. Yes of course he knew at that stage that he was deffo gonna manage Port Vale and that he was engineering a move to that club in pre season. Besides which, was a transfer window in place then?

The Port Vale job came up towards the end of the season which was nearer to his family who were still living in the North West and yes of course he knew what Minto could do and so offered him a deal. Not dissimiliar to what happens to many clubs and players.

Dont use this to beat a player, that is rightly seen as a legend.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Nobby was mentioned in one of the famous referee's, Jack Taylor I believe, autobiography. He mentioned about players who were constantly moaning about decisions and so on. During one game he had finally had enough of Nobby and so proceeded to lecture him that he had only taken up reffing to get away from his wife's constant nagging and that he considered Nobby to be a bearded version of his mrs and to shut up. From that moment on he did hear a whisper from him.

Brilliant !:lol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobby is my favourite all time player (even over Wardy)

When we won 1-0 at Port Vale on the last day of the seaon (Promoted to Championship) He gave us a wave every time we sung his name!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All those that want to slag Nobby off for going to Port Vale should remember that hisfamily home is in Cheshire, from his days at Man City and at the time his wife was headmistress of a school up there.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
All those that want to slag Nobby off for going to Port Vale should remember that hisfamily home is in Cheshire, from his days at Man City and at the time his wife was headmistress of a school up there.
To be honest BG I think there's only one slagging him off. Yeah, I was a bit annoyed when he went off to manage Port Vale, but that doesn't detract from the fact that he's an utter complete and total Albion LEGEND and will be for all time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here