Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Dowling...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Old school is a pathetic argument to say the least as if you don't adapt to all changes in society you would never get on.

Come of it Harty - are you really the same person you were 15 years ago since you now have kids ?

Surely you have changed in some way or other ?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
The argument isn't what their past careers are based on and what they have done for charity etc, the argument is that on this particular programme Jim Davidson has had a problem with Brian Dowling right from the off just because of his sexuality.

Davidson is a dinosaur. Ignorant, unintelligent, racist, bigoted and yes homophobic. If he'd had any sense or if anyone that knows him had cared about him they would have advised him not to go on the show. Unfortunately Marco Pierre-White is also a dinosaur thinks it's acceptable.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Old school is a pathetic argument to say the least as if you don't adapt to all changes in society you would never get on.

Come of it Harty - are you really the same person you were 15 years ago since you now have kids ?

Surely you have changed in some way or other ?

Yes, I'm 2 stone heavier and am now 4th in the pecking order at home rather than being just behind Mrs Hart.:D

In all honesty JD's probably not the nicest person and he is not totally blameless on all this but I also think Dowling has played all the right cards at the right time with the cameras running and will probably dine out on that footage from last night for the rest of his 'career'.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
And in his autobiography Jim revealed he shared a flat, platonically, with a friend who was gay for over 18 months, doesn't sound like the actions of a rabid homophobe to me?

Last edited:

And in his aotobioagraphy Jim revealed he shared a flat, platonically, with a friend who was gay for over 18 months, doesn't sound like the actions of a rabid homophobe to me?

Are some of his best friends black too?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And in his aotobioagraphy Jim revealed he shared a flat, platonically, with a friend who was gay for over 18 months, doesn't sound like the actions of a rabid homophobe to me?

Sounds more like he's in denial, which might explain a lot.

Have you seen American Beauty?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
You've read Jim Davidson's autobiography? You poor bastard.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Yes I think you'll find Chalkie was based on a mate from school, and he campaigned for the Tories with John Taylor the black candidate in Cheltenham.

Jim Davidson stand up "gag".

Where I live I've got a black family living one side and a Pakistani family living the other. I like it though, keeps the flies out of my house.

Says it all really.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Jim Davidson stand up "gag".

Where I live I've got a black family living one side and a Pakistani family living the other. I like it though, keeps the flies out of my house.

Says it all really.

You don't like that? That's just PC GONE MAD.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Harty is making the very fair point, that often doesn't go down well on here, that no one is all good or all bad.

Jim Davidson's views on many aspects of life are as abhorrent to me as they are to many others.

But he has done an enormous amount for charity - much, much more than many of the so-called alternative comedians.

And he has also done an incredible amount of work with Forces Radio, going to war zones that others wouldn't contemplate visiting because he believes passionately that the boys out there are doing a very brave job for our country, whatever crazy orders they are getting from the government. I haven't read his book, but I'm sure this work features heavily.

These are not the actions of someone who has no conscience, even if you believe he is about the last man that could raise a soldier's spirits. The fact is, he seems to.

Whether these acts outweigh his bad points (and clearly for many, including me, they don't) is a personal call. But it's certainly relevant to the overall picture of the bloke.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Yes, I'm 2 stone heavier and am now 4th in the pecking order at home rather than being just behind Mrs Hart.:D

In all honesty JD's probably not the nicest person and he is not totally blameless on all this but I also think Dowling has played all the right cards at the right time with the cameras running and will probably dine out on that footage from last night for the rest of his 'career'.

I doubt very much his proudest career moment will be being abused on Live TV ?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I think Harty is making the very fair point, that often doesn't go down well on here, that no one is all good or all bad.

Jim Davidson's views on many aspects of life are as abhorrent to me as they are to many others.

But he has done an enormous amount for charity - much, much more than many of the so-called alternative comedians.

And he has also done an incredible amount of work with Forces Radio, going to war zones that others wouldn't contemplate visiting because he believes passionately that the boys out there are doing a very brave job for our country, whatever crazy orders they are getting from the government. I haven't read his book, but I'm sure this work features heavily.

These are not the actions of someone who has no conscience, even if you believe he is about the last man that could raise a soldier's spirits. The fact is, he seems to.

Whether these acts outweigh his bad points (and clearly for many, including me, they don't) is a personal call. But it's certainly relevant to the overall picture of the bloke.

Damn it! I hate it when somebody posts something intelligent on here..... :angry: :angry: :angry:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
In what way did Dowling over react? (ok he could have done without the crying), but Davidson once again proved what a grotesque human being he is. I just love his 'where are the rights for a 'NORMAL, WHITE, HETROSEXUAL' comments.....trluy unreal

Your quote 'maybe he could of done without the cryin'............might be the overaction bit then !!

White, Heterosexual still remains the majority you know in Britain, the word 'normal' therefore could be deemed grammitically correct. To find that soooo offensive is rather odd.

If you find the word normal in this context offensive where you would feel comfortable to use it ???

I am not a great supporter of this new found culture of 'Never Offend'.

I bet in the coming days, Brian and his girlfriends will be quite vitriolic about Davidson on national TV and of course sod him being offended eh...!!

I have absolutley no doubt that Brian is likely to be more prejudiced than most anyway. . . . . . . so I am sure he will get over it.

To be honest I am not too sure if I could spend too much time with either of them really....:drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
And in his autobiography Jim revealed he shared a flat, platonically, with a friend who was gay for over 18 months, doesn't sound like the actions of a rabid homophobe to me?

That'd like saying he's not racist, but....

It's bollocks harty

Having said that - harty's having another contraversial *shocker*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I used to work with someone who gave JD a blow job, after a performance (his not hers) in Worthing.

I don't know where this fits in the discussion, but, I can say, her name wasn't Brian.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Your quote 'maybe he could of done without the cryin'............might be the overaction bit then !!

(was tongue in cheek)
White, Heterosexual still remains the majority you know in Britain, the word 'normal' therefore could be deemed grammitically correct. To find that soooo offensive is rather odd.

(not saying it is offensive to be a white, hetrosexual) - but what is offensive is to use it to condone behaviour that is obviously out of order

If you find the word normal in this context offensive where you would feel comfortable to use it ???

I have a 'normal' sized chopper......
I am not a great supporter of this new found culture of 'Never Offend'.

I bet in the coming days, Brian and his girlfriends will be quite vitriolic about Davidson on national TV and of course sod him being offended eh...!!

If Brian and his girlfriends go on TV and start using agressive, offensive language to 'white, hertosexual' males then they will be exposed as idiots, very much the same way as Davidson has

I have absolutley no doubt that Brian is likely to be more prejudiced than most anyway. . . . . . . so I am sure he will get over it.

Like black people?

To be honest I am not too sure if I could spend too much time with either of them really....:drink:

I doubt you will be asked to....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here