Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Dowling...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It wasnt tongue in cheek..............now was it ?

Saying being white ( isnt racist ) saying being heterosexual ( isnt being homophobic ) saying your normal doesnt need to be offensive ( does it ) ?

Yours is definately not a normal size chopper......now is it ?

Exposing celebrities characters is what these silly TV programmes are all about about...isnt it ?

If 'they' are nasty about JD should they be expelled........??

Wakey Wakey we are all prejudice.............that doesnt mean your racist...grow up:angry:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
It wasnt tongue in cheek..............now was it ?

yes

Saying being white ( isnt racist ) saying being heterosexual ( isnt being homophobic ) saying your normal doesnt need to be offensive ( does it ) ?

no - see point in my previous post

Yours is definately not a normal size chopper......now is it ?

maybe.....

Exposing celebrities characters is what these silly TV programmes are all about about...isnt it ?

yes

If 'they' are nasty about JD should they be expelled........??

yes

Wakey Wakey we are all prejudice.............that doesnt mean your racist...grow up:angry:

if by prejudice, you mean we all have views, then yes, fair point ......this is not an excuse to be offensive

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Having said that - harty's having another contraversial *shocker*
Hey, careful! Because you're a woman, maybe he'll tell you to get back to your knitting/cooking. And that'd be WELL funny.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
no one deserves abuse like this, WHATEVER their sexual orientation is. though I can see JD's point of view as well..

what bats me is wh the show went out with this included, and with no intervention by the producers?

absolutely.....the amazing thing is, that the producer is watching this happen...makes the call that the program should go out, then sacks Davidson....total disgrace

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
no one deserves abuse like this, WHATEVER their sexual orientation is. though I can see JD's point of view as well..

what bats me is wh the show went out with this included, and with no intervention by the producers?

Come on guys you want this censored ??........jeeeeeeeez

Coz some miserable old git offended a previous BB contestant for saying 'shirtlifter' !!

Grow up...........we dont need censorship............

I guess you wouldnt censor general swearin on TV, violence on TV, gratuatous nakedness on TV but..

YOU WOULD CENSOR SOME INSIGNIFICANT COOKING PROGRAMME FOR THE WORD 'SHIRTLIFTER'.......and a flounce by some camp bloke who is from BB and another heterosexual flounce by a rather sad figure who used to be a comedian.???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unless I;m missing something here (and I didn;t see the whole argument last night), Brian seemed to throw an absolute shrieking eppy the moment Jim Davidson said to him \"Gay means Good As You\".

Persnally Ive not heard that phrase used before, and it is a bit daft I suppose. But to be honest, I was really struggling to see exactly why Brian was so utterly traumatised by that particular remark. He just kept saying \"I\'m EQUAL to you, not AS GOOD AS you\" ! - errr, yeah. Isnt that basically the same thing ?

Or was it just a hissy fit for the cameras ? I dunno, I hardly watch it. I much prefer Ramsay.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
He only got the job as an air steward because he is a poof.
Thats discimination against heterosexuals in my book.
The airlines only employ gay men as cabin crew.
Its all wrong.

that's because the air hostesses are so hot. Would you want to be served your re-heated dollop of cat shit and slice of melon by a guy whose hard-an is almost taking your eye out?

I think not.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Unless I;m missing something here (and I didn;t see the whole argument last night), Brian seemed to throw an absolute shrieking eppy the moment Jim Davidson said to him \"Gay means Good As You\".

Persnally Ive not heard that phrase used before, and it is a bit daft I suppose. But to be honest, I was really struggling to see exactly why Brian was so utterly traumatised by that particular remark. He just kept saying \"I\'m EQUAL to you, not AS GOOD AS you\" ! - errr, yeah. Isnt that basically the same thing ?

Or was it just a hissy fit for the cameras ? I dunno, I hardly watch it. I much prefer Ramsay.

Yeah thats how I saw it.......Brian seemed to be quite cool about the 'shirtlifter' taunt then when JD said the Good As You acronym he went very hysterical.....

The thing is I hadnt heard the G.A.Y. thingy before but........I cant quite work out why a gay fella would find that offensive coming from a straight guy........

Surely it is a product from within the GAY community and wouldnt come from a homophobe, therefore what was the problem with JD saying it.......???

I recognise that if I was Brian I would not like JD very much.........but the timing was bizaare.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But he has done an enormous amount for charity - much, much more than many of the so-called alternative comedians.
I know I might be accused of cynicism, but I strongly suspect that his advisors tell him to do a lot of work for charidee in an effort to make him more palatable to the public.

My old man "met" him on the train once - going down to Bournemouth from London Waterloo. He was shit faced at about 9pm when he got on, abused some fellow passenger for getting in his way to the bar, then when they refused to serve him alcohol, he staggered down the carriages shouting loudly at every other passenger at what "f***ing CüNTS" they were on this SHIT SERVICE because they wouldn't let him have a drink.

The man is a class A tosser.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I think you all deserve a good slap for watching that crap punish:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
done for the tv,they are boths attention seekers,as for the legend mpw,he is class,end of thread

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know I might be accused of cynicism, but I strongly suspect that his advisors tell him to do a lot of work for charidee in an effort to make him more palatable to the public.

My old man "met" him on the train once - going down to Bournemouth from London Waterloo. He was shit faced at about 9pm when he got on, abused some fellow passenger for getting in his way to the bar, then when they refused to serve him alcohol, he staggered down the carriages shouting loudly at every other passenger at what "f***ing CüNTS" they were on this SHIT SERVICE because they wouldn't let him have a drink.

The man is a class A tosser.

I don't doubt any of that. But he could raise more money in half an hour on the phone to multi-millionaire mates than you could running 30 marathons. That doesn't mean he isn't a t*sser, or that your effort wasn't worthwhile. But it does prove he has his uses. Some people have the profile he has, but do sod all with it.

And you have to say, that train behaviour isn't exactly unique leaving London at 9pm in the evening. Or indeed to some of our away games.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We've had this on NSC before but, like Charlie Brooker's legendary description of Simon Jordan, it's well worth repeating any number of times - from Wikipedia:

"In December 2006, Davidson was embarrassed by a 15-year-old boy who heckled him during a performance of his pantomime Dick Whittington in Kent. Reportedly, Davidson came on stage at the Orchard Theatre in Dartford, delivering the scripted line, "Do you know who I am?” The boy, a Scout in full uniform, loudly replied, "Yes, you’re a f***ing wanker." According to The Sun, Davidson was enraged and spent the remainder of the first half of the show in a sullen mood. He reportedly tried unsuccessfully to find the boy's scoutmaster during the interval to personally address his heckler."

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We've had this on NSC before but, like Charlie Brooker's legendary description of Simon Jordan, it's well worth repeating any number of times - from Wikipedia:

"In December 2006, Davidson was embarrassed by a 15-year-old boy who heckled him during a performance of his pantomime Dick Whittington in Kent. Reportedly, Davidson came on stage at the Orchard Theatre in Dartford, delivering the scripted line, "Do you know who I am?” The boy, a Scout in full uniform, loudly replied, "Yes, you’re a f***ing wanker." According to The Sun, Davidson was enraged and spent the remainder of the first half of the show in a sullen mood. He reportedly tried unsuccessfully to find the boy's scoutmaster during the interval to personally address his heckler."

'According to the Sun' ................. good read is it ?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Man of Harveys after the shittiest day at work in years thank you for making me smile:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here