Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Can't you? Really?

Perhaps it's what happens where people take one person as an example and allow their prejudices full flow and stereotype 17.4M people as being exactly the same. Funny how some people can't see that, especially in themselves, eh?

For a person who shows little interest when a remain supporter is called a mentally-ill lying hypocrite you certainly seem exercised when the insults fly the other way. They shouldn't fly around as much as they do of course, although I suppose that's what happens on t'internet.

For what it's worth I don't think leave voters are any thicker (whatever that means) than remain ones, although I do think many of them were seriously ill-informed - people like the one in the video who didn't seem to mind Europeans coming here but voted Leave to keep muslims out and I suppose people like the one who suggested on here, just the other day, that we can't yet be sure that English people will not have the right to study, work, live and retire across Europe after Brexit day. Remember him?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
tick tock, tick tock,tick tock

Talking of which, everyone's favourite toy soldier, Mark Francois, has failed in his bid to have Big Ben bonging on 31st January, because the Speaker didn't allow his bid to be debated today.

Fancy that, a new Speaker, and he still can't get his own way. :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Talking of which, everyone's favourite toy soldier, Mark Francois, has failed in his bid to have Big Ben bonging on 31st January, because the Speaker didn't allow his bid to be debated today.

I think the worst aspect of the whole Brexit war has been the triumphalist bullshit coming from people like Francois. I'm glad he didn't get his own way - Brexit is nothing to celebrate for half the country. It doesn't seem particularly respectful to rub their noses in it with acts like this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Talking of the Brexit result and the General election, where's the Russia report? Why is Johnson still suppressing it?

This is from November but still very valid.

[tweet]1192857884796870656[/tweet]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

One of the things that would really benefit the country would be for a law to be passed banning Mark Francois from opening his gob full stop, but we can but dream.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Talking of the Brexit result and the General election, where's the Russia report? Why is Johnson still suppressing it?

This is from November but still very valid.

[tweet]1192857884796870656[/tweet]

Do keep up. Johnson isnt "still suppressing it". He cleared it for publication a few weeks ago.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/to...pproves-russian-interference-report-1-6426970

Its now the job of the Intelligence and Security Committee to release the cleared report. The old committee is now defunct because of the election and a new one has to be nominated and cleared after consultation with the leader of the opposition.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is anyone else going up to Parliament Square on 31st January for the leaving party. :banana:

I'm combining it with West Ham away the next day.

In my capacity as press photographer of course, busmans holiday.
Of course not.

It is ***Transfer Deadline Day***.

There is NSC and Sky Sports News to be glued to.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Do keep up. Johnson isnt "still suppressing it". He cleared it for publication a few weeks ago.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/to...pproves-russian-interference-report-1-6426970

Its now the job of the Intelligence and Security Committee to release the cleared report. The old committee is now defunct because of the election and a new one has to be nominated and cleared after consultation with the leader of the opposition.

He must’ve worked really hard over his first weekend to make sure this was fit for issue :lolol:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Sad is swallowing bullshit and voting for potentially serious economic harm to your own country for decades.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Sad is swallowing bullshit and voting for potentially serious economic harm to your own country for decades.

I am pleased Brexiters are stirred up enough to offer vague, limp insults and express faux sadness at everyone who doesn't endorse their views or stay silent; it just means that yet another of Johnston's election promises (the one about bringing the country together) will prove false and empty.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Can't you? Really?

Perhaps it's what happens where people take one person as an example and allow their prejudices full flow and stereotype 17.4M people as being exactly the same. Funny how some people can't see that, especially in themselves, eh?

Got to admire how tenaciously you cling to your victim mentality. You will not give it up, bravo.

One person? How about, hmmm, the Brexit march. You know, the one that attracted neo-nazis, Tommy Robinson and his goons,general thuggery and plenty of traitor calling. Pointed out on this thread, completely ignored by all the Brexiters. As always. Sorry, but Das Reich IS representative of a quite a few Brexit supporters.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No worries here, I'm completely on board with Brexit. Found great opportunities in offshore investments and private health care as a result of Brexit already :thumbsup:
you'll need it with all that worrying you do about me , must be making you ill :wave:
regards
DF

Not worrying at all, but I haven't told you the best bit. Using the offshore investments to fund your private health care, you minimise your UK tax liabilities and avoid Insurance premium tax. This means no more paying loads of income tax to fund 'Benefit scroungers' 60" TV's and dodgy imported Baccy. As I see it, Brexit is a winner all round for me.

I'm just surprised that everyone who voted for Brexit doesn't take advantage of this :shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Got to admire how tenaciously you cling to your victim mentality. You will not give it up, bravo.

One person? How about, hmmm, the Brexit march. You know, the one that attracted neo-nazis, Tommy Robinson and his goons,general thuggery and plenty of traitor calling. Pointed out on this thread, completely ignored by all the Brexiters. As always. Sorry, but Das Reich IS representative of a quite a few Brexit supporters.

Just had a beer with a mate who has been back to Southampton for xmas /new year.......he is a 43 year old finance man , married with 3 kids and an all round rather nice chap although he is a Liverpool fan , his considered opinion of anywhere north of but including London is that it's ****ed and it's only a matter of time before the south follows suit.......just saying.It is a common opinion in my experience but hey ho ....i guess you'll all be fine .Damage done and all that .

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Just had a beer with a mate who has been back to Southampton for xmas /new year.......he is a 43 year old finance man , married with 3 kids and an all round rather nice chap although he is a Liverpool fan , his considered opinion of anywhere north of but including London is that it's ****ed and it's only a matter of time before the south follows suit.......just saying.It is a common opinion in my experience but hey ho ....i guess you'll all be fine .Damage done and all that .

Over-simplification of course but there's no doubt that many of the towns that voted most heavily for Brexit are those suffering long-term structural decline, and the very last thing such towns need is a government wedded to low-tax, low-regulation, low-welfare let-the-markets-rule policies.

Gaining the freedom to implement such policies was a prime reason for Raab, Patel, Truss and others round the cabinet table backing Brexit. Rochdale and Barnsley should shiver and wait.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Over-simplification of course but there's no doubt that many of the towns that voted most heavily for Brexit are those suffering long-term structural decline, and the very last thing such towns need is a government wedded to low-tax, low-regulation, low-welfare let-the-markets-rule policies.

Gaining the freedom to implement such policies was a prime reason for Raab, Patel, Truss and others round the cabinet table backing Brexit. Rochdale and Barnsley should shiver and wait.

Yes it would appear that England will be undone from within......rich getting richer , poor getting poorer , arse torn out of the manufacturing and construction sectors to facilitate slashing of wages......increased immigration of people who will work for less......all very good if you are an advertising executive or market analyst...:wanker: but if you are a tiler , carpenter , plasterer, chef , driver.....etc etc your days of earning a decent wage and getting ahead are numbered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here