Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Is anyone else going up to Parliament Square on 31st January for the leaving party. :banana:

I'm combining it with West Ham away the next day.

In my capacity as press photographer of course, busmans holiday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't you? Really?

Perhaps it's what happens where people take one person as an example and allow their prejudices full flow and stereotype 17.4M people as being exactly the same. Funny how some people can't see that, especially in themselves, eh?

Yes, I've seen it. Remainiacs, Remoaners and even lies posted on here about those who voted differently.
No, I haven't ever responded in kind, so it isn't one sided.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is anyone else going up to Parliament Square on 31st January for the leaving party. :banana:

I'm combining it with West Ham away the next day.

In my capacity as press photographer of course, busmans holiday.

Nigel is charging money for the tickets. Any opportunity to fleece the punters.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't you? Really?

Perhaps it's what happens where people take one person as an example and allow their prejudices full flow and stereotype 17.4M people as being exactly the same. Funny how some people can't see that, especially in themselves, eh?
Sorry, and I know you really don't like to read it - but I'd say that anecdotally, 70% of people who on this thread write "could of" or don't know which "there/their/they're" to use are pro-Brexit. It show a basic contempt and ignorance for the language and lack of education.

But if you don't like that, then do you want me to point you to various links that suggest that - on the whole - less educated people voted to leave?

I have *never* said all pro Brexit people are idiots. In my opinion, Westdene and JCFG have both posted elequently their reasons on here for doing so. And Gwylan is one of the most intelligent people you're ever likely to meet, and he voted leave (although has since changed his mind).

What I am saying is that leave won thanks to the votes of huge swathes of absolute morons. There are many who voted leave and don't fall into that category, but most of them I'm sure will admit what I say is 100% true, and your tiresome angry mansplaining isn't changing that fact I'm afraid.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Sorry, and I know you really don't like to read it - but I'd say that anecdotally, 70% of people who on this thread write "could of" or don't know which "there/their/they're" to use are pro-Brexit. It show a basic contempt and ignorance for the language and lack of education.

But if you don't like that, then do you want me to point you to various links that suggest that - on the whole - less educated people voted to leave?

I have *never* said all pro Brexit people are idiots. In my opinion, Westdene and JCFG have both posted elequently their reasons on here for doing so. And Gwylan is one of the most intelligent people you're ever likely to meet, and he voted leave (although has since changed his mind).

What I am saying is that leave won thanks to the votes of huge swathes of absolute morons. There are many who voted leave and don't fall into that category, but most of them I'm sure will admit what I say is 100% true, and your tiresome angry mansplaining isn't changing that fact I'm afraid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovt1sC3rtM

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

I wrote a nice calm, friendly, reasonable reply to this. Then I deleted it all when I realized that you used the term "mansplaining".

You know what, f*ck you and people like you. You are the moron, you just don't see it.

You lost, people like you will always lose until you realize what you are and what you have been doing. You might be tempted to think that we live in a terrible time where virtuous liberalism is being rejected by a nasty (and apparently thick) majority.

Wrong. Self righteous, "morally (and apparently intellectually) superiour" people like you, who play identity politics, pit men against women, black against white, rich against poor etc, you are what has been rejected, thank f*ck.

One day you will wake up and realize that a) people who see things differently from you actually have nothing in common with Nazis, and b) you actually have a fair bit in common with the Marxist–Leninists, more than is healthy.

You lost, you will never win, and by the way if you did you would soon find yourself in a world which terrifies you, if you don't believe me just ask those people who lived in the old Soviet Union or Maoist China..

Sorry for my "mansplaining", hope I didn't get any of my "white privilege" in your eye.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wrote a nice calm, friendly, reasonable reply to this. Then I deleted it all when I realized that you used the term "mansplaining".

You know what, f*ck you and people like you. You are the moron, you just don't see it.

You lost, people like you will always lose until you realize what you are and what you have been doing. You might be tempted to think that we live in a terrible time where virtuous liberalism is being rejected by a nasty (and apparently thick) majority.

Wrong. Self righteous, "morally (and apparently intellectually) superiour" people like you, who play identity politics, pit men against women, black against white, rich against poor etc, you are what has been rejected, thank f*ck.

One day you will wake up and realize that a) people who see things differently from you actually have nothing in common with Nazis, and b) you actually have a fair bit in common with the Marxist–Leninists, more than is healthy.

You lost, you will never win, and by the way if you did you would soon find yourself in a world which terrifies you, if you don't believe me just ask those people who lived in the old Soviet Union or Maoist China..

Sorry for my "mansplaining", hope I didn't get any of my "white privilege" in your eye.
What a load of utter shit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I see, so the Australians havnt rejected a UK trade deal, and the Aussie trade minister simply rejected the notion of visa free work and travel being included in the trade deal that they are going to negotiate and suggested some changes to visa work rights would be proposed and accepted by both sides.
That must be the Australian “free movement” idea Liz Truss floated last year which within hours Downing Street had played down and Truss had rowed back on.
And the senator didn’t believe complete liberalisation of visas, that the Australian gov would not be considering would even be on the UK agenda anyway when full trade negotiations start ( don’t forget UK and Aus are only in Trade Working Group talks, setting out parameters) . And Australian trade minister Simon Birmingham is still confident a UK Free Trade Deal can be struck and ratified by Dec 2020.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...vel-between-australia-uk-20200102-p53o7l.html

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
who play identity politics, pit men against women, black against white, rich against poor etc, you are what has been rejected, thank f*ck.

The really, really funny thing is this was written by someone on the same side of the argument as Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage, men who would never play identity politics or denigrate women, minorities or the poor.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The really, really funny thing is this was written by someone on the same side of the argument as Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage, men who would never play identity politics or denigrate women, minorities or the poor.

You are on the same side of the argument as someone who beat a fox to death with a baseball bat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You are on the same side of the argument as someone who beat a fox to death with a baseball bat.

tEMugEALXsAAml20.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This would be super embarrassing if I'd just posted a long, rambling rant in which I accused everyone who didn't agree with me of being beastly to foxes. Fortunately I didn't.

I didn't accuse everyone who doesn't agree with me, I accused a particular poster and people like them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

It would be more like if you accused someone who was beastly to foxes of being beastly to foxes, and then stated that being beastly to foxes was wrong. You would have nothing to be embarassed about.

The argument that someone else who holds the same opinion as you on something has been beastly to foxes, and that this invalidates your argument, would be fallacious, infact it would be, dare I say it, moronic.

(Guilt by association as an ad hominem fallacy is the section you are looking for)

Jan 30, 2008

your Pompous attitude got shown up and the Ballot box didn't it , like all of the sulky Liberals on here you still haven't taken the medicine have you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6o0WuaZOLo
regards
DF

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I didn't accuse everyone who doesn't agree with me, I accused a particular poster and people like them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

It would be more like if you accused someone who was beastly to foxes of being beastly to foxes, and then stated that being beastly to foxes was wrong. You would have nothing to be embarassed about.

The argument that someone else who holds the same opinion as you on something has been beastly to foxes, and that this invalidates your argument, would be fallacious, infact it would be, dare I say it, moronic.

(Guilt by association as an ad hominem fallacy is the section you are looking for)

People form their opinions on information. provided. If they believe horseshit without checking it they are?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

This analogy doesn't even make sense. If you're going to start trying to educate me in fallacies and debate tactics at least make your analogies work.

So here we have you who has accused someone else (and others) of driving divisions between men & women, white & black and rich & poor and how the people who do that "lost". I then commented that your accusations of this were laughable given the most prominent people on the opposing side of that argument were the ones who were actually guilty of the crime you lambast, and they "won". You then come up with some spurious nonsense about foxes rather than engage with the point, or indeed use it as an opportunity to condemn those on the same side who spout the shit you claim to despise.

Next time you're on Wikipedia, try searching for "hypocrisy". It might ring a few bells.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here