Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

To play Devil's advocate (and I mean Boris' advocate, here), his simple GE promise was to Get Brexit Done. If that had been my platform, the last thing I'd want is MPs dicking about with the process and possibly vetoing the arrangements, and Brexit itself.

The whole point of Boris' stance was that enough is enough, we must leave come what may. In my view that means he will and should manage Brexit as he sees fit. It's wot we voted for, innit.

People may have been too stupid to realise this whan they gave Boris his landslide, but it is what it is.

If labour had promised to get Brexit done, with parliamentry ratification, and a leader who would back the deal he obtained, labour might have won the GE. Unfortunately labour was lead by eejits. Eejits more concerned with maintaining their hold on their power within the labour party than actually becoming a government.

So be it. Let Boris give it his best shot, and if he fails.....the electorate might finally wake up.

Unless labour sorts itself out, however, it won't matter, and the spaffer will get another landslide.

How difficult can it be for the new old left to work out an objective and a strategy to deliver it? When Corbyn won't tell us what he wants (not leading on a vote on his deal - FFS).

I'm a scientist. When the people in my lab do research we start with a question, then set out a number of strategies to address the question. The objective is to answer the question. If I had no objective.....I'd never have published 100+ research papers, got a patent on a drug, and an 'h' factor of 35 (one for the anoraks). :shrug:

The thing that some of us object to is Boris' objective. The rest, however, is academic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only if you are a thick as pigshit, ignorant, racist arsewipe like you.
This is why you and your other sewer rats voted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFjfbL1KWNI

The irony, of course, is that net migration from outside the EU is 3 times net migration from inside. Which of the two, do gammon think, have we always had complete control over?

Voting to leave the EU to stop the 'flood' of muslims is like sacking your window cleaner because there is dirt and mould on the inside of your windows. Or attempting to cut the calories by drinking Tia Maria with diet coke.

Jan 30, 2008
To play Devil's advocate (and I mean Boris' advocate, here), his simple GE promise was to Get Brexit Done. If that had been my platform, the last thing I'd want is MPs dicking about with the process and possibly vetoing the arrangements, and Brexit itself.

The whole point of Boris' stance was that enough is enough, we must leave come what may. In my view that means he will and should manage Brexit as he sees fit. It's wot we voted for, innit.

People may have been too stupid to realise this whan they gave Boris his landslide, but it is what it is.

If labour had promised to get Brexit done, with parliamentry ratification, and a leader who would back the deal he obtained, labour might have won the GE. Unfortunately labour was lead by eejits. Eejits more concerned with maintaining their hold on their power within the labour party than actually becoming a government.

So be it. Let Boris give it his best shot, and if he fails.....the electorate might finally wake up.

Unless labour sorts itself out, however, it won't matter, and the spaffer will get another landslide.

How difficult can it be for the new old left to work out an objective and a strategy to deliver it? When Corbyn won't tell us what he wants (not leading on a vote on his deal - FFS).

I'm a scientist. When the people in my lab do research we start with a question, then set out a number of strategies to address the question. The objective is to answer the question. If I had no objective.....I'd never have published 100+ research papers, got a patent on a drug, and an 'h' factor of 35 (one for the anoraks). :shrug:

The thing that some of us object to is Boris' objective. The rest, however, is academic.
Drivel at best H
regards
DF

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The whole point of Boris' stance was that enough is enough, we must leave come what may. In my view that means he will and should manage Brexit as he sees fit.
Yes - give the government power enough to do what they promise and then the government will be judged on that record by the people. I think most people are happy with that statement and if they are not happy with the outcome then they know what they can do.

When - post-mortem - the political autopsy of the last few years takes place, one of the ironies will I think be that the current government majority has been aided by all various devices used by the more enthusiastic wing of the Remain groupings to try and prevent Brexit. The court cases, the reluctance to support compromises, the belittling of Leave voters - in the end were probably contributory factors in the bloodymindedness of those who voted the government their majority.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes - give the government power enough to do what they promise and then the government will be judged on that record by the people. I think most people are happy with that statement and if they are not happy with the outcome then they know what they can do.

When - post-mortem - the political autopsy of the last few years takes place, one of the ironies will I think be that the current government majority has been aided by all various devices used by the more enthusiastic wing of the Remain groupings to try and prevent Brexit. The court cases, the reluctance to support compromises, the belittling of Leave voters - in the end were probably contributory factors in the bloodymindedness of those who voted the government their majority.

Oh dear ,here's another one who's still blaming a democratic process that didn't fit their agenda
Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Strange. You are now attacking people who agree with you.

(Unless you think that the government should not do what it promised to do and the poster's attack on Remainers was wrong.)

Well the poster used lots of words and didn't say 'Brexit means Brexit' or 'Get Brexit Done', so how was [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] meant to figure it out :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

For those old enough, it's like one of those old Wile E. Coyote cartoons where there is an express train thundering down the track towards him while [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] is looking in the wrong direction entirely and the audience can see exactly what is going to happen :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hey [MENTION=89]Sorrel[/MENTION], this belittling of leave voters you speak of - I really can't think why that might have happened. :lolol:

Oh dear ,here's another one who's still blaming a democratic process that didn't fit their agenda
Regards
DF
Oh.

Or perhaps a clue? I mean just look at the contributions of this absolute moron - he is so thick that he can't even concentrate sufficiently to process TWO paragraphs.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well the poster used lots of words and didn't say 'Brexit means Brexit' or 'Get Brexit Done', so how was [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] meant to figure it out :shrug:

I'm genuinely struggling to find someone as thick as shit, but so utterly deluded about it as Ppf. The literal embodiment of the 'pigeon'

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But when they realise who they are dealing with, they will accept it. They definitely need us more than we need them :wink:

But shirley the plan is to negotiate the US deal alongside the EU deal. (Maybe even get them both completed this year).

After all, if we were going to do them sequentially, could you imagine how long it would take just to replace the 40 free trade deals that the EU has. That would be ridiculous ???

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/number-10-hints-at-parallel-post-brexit-trade-talks-with-us-and-eu/06/01/

There we go. It was obvious that we really needed to do all 40 trade deals in parallel in order for Johnson to fulfil his promise to get it wrapped by Dec 2020 and I can't imagine any issues arising from negotiating trade deals with the EU and USA at the same time :smile:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hey [MENTION=89]Sorrel[/MENTION], this belittling of leave voters you speak of - I really can't think why that might have happened.

Can't you? Really?

Perhaps it's what happens where people take one person as an example and allow their prejudices full flow and stereotype 17.4M people as being exactly the same. Funny how some people can't see that, especially in themselves, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here