Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Even at the time, without the benefit of hindsight, prioritising 'the people's will' over 'the peoples lives' was highlighted by many many people as completely idiotic :dunce:

But Britain had chosen this point to go for peak idiocy just in time for Covid :shootself

And whilst we have the occasional NSCer still gloating over how they are a 'winner' many tens of millions have been losers to varying degrees :down:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Even at the time, without the benefit of hindsight, prioritising 'the people's will' over 'the peoples lives' was highlighted by many many people as completely idiotic :dunce:

But Britain had chosen this point to go for peak idiocy just in time for Covid :shootself

And whilst we have the occasional NSCer still gloating over how they are a 'winner' many tens of millions have been losers to varying degrees :down:
19:54 where you are, shouldn’t you be out at a stylish restaurant overlooking a beach watching the sun set with your DW, are you sure you’re actually on holiday ? 😉

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
19:54 where you are, shouldn’t you be out at a stylish restaurant overlooking a beach watching the sun set with your DW, are you sure you’re actually on holiday ? 😉

I certainly had no intention of embarrassing you over the whole Brexit thing, so i'll provide succour to your whataboutery.

You do seem to take an almost unhealthy interest in what I'm up to, but just for you, I was by the pool when I posted earlier and I'm Just back from dinner.

We shared a bowl of mussels and Mrs WZ then had linguine with clams and truffles, whilst I had a Roasted Sea Bass. I'm pretty sure I'm on holiday, this is what it looked like from my bedroom when I got up this morning :shrug:

croatia.jpeg

Maybe you'd like more pictures ? Specially for you, i'll do (reasonable) requests :wink:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I certainly had no intention of embarrassing you over the whole Brexit thing, so i'll provide succour to your whataboutery.

You do seem to take an almost unhealthy interest in what I'm up to, but just for you, I was by the pool when I posted earlier and I'm Just back from dinner.

We shared a bowl of mussels and Mrs WZ then had linguine with clams and truffles, whilst I had a Roasted Sea Bass. I'm pretty sure I'm on holiday, this is what it looked like from my bedroom when I got up this morning :shrug:

View attachment 185821

Maybe you'd like more pictures ? Specially for you, i'll do (reasonable) requests :wink:
Just making sure 👌 oh btw you wanted book recommendations for your holiday, i’m told this is rather good 😉
IMG_1587.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just making sure 👌 oh btw you wanted book recommendations for your holiday, i’m told this is rather good 😉View attachment 185824

I think the view from my bedroom is even better by night, when they display the local flag
croatia 2.jpeg

And now you have taken us completely off topic and embarrassed yourself again :rolleyes: I've had a glass or two, so probably time for bed :bigwave:

If it's really that important to you, leave your request for tomorrow, I wouldn't want to disappoint :laugh:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think the view from my bedroom is even better by night, when they display the local flag
View attachment 185827

And now you have taken us completely off topic and embarrassed yourself again :rolleyes: I've had a glass or two, so probably time for bed :bigwave:

If it's really that important to you, leave your request for tomorrow, I wouldn't want to disappoint :laugh:
Fair play to you, that did make me laugh, have a great holiday 😉

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Marvellous...

But on the plus side, we've had a £100B wiped off of GDP every single year, Johnson, Truss and Sunak as PMs, record levels of immigration, record levels of asylum seekers awaiting processing, no new trade deals with any major nations of USA, Brazil, Russia, India or China and an NHS and Care system dying on their arse from lack of staff.

So swings and roundabouts Rodney, swings and roundabouts :wink:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s not the money, it’s the aggro. Setting up ESTA for the US is time consuming for a family group, not uncomplicated, and you’re just one slip up at any stage from screwing the whole thing up.

Some thieving online intermediaries will no doubt appear to complete ETIAS for you. The same crooks who have websites remarkably similar to dvla. Making wide boys multi millionaires for very little work …. I guess that’s what they call the Brexit Bonus.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's really very simple. How many times do you vote for Brexit, Johnson, Reform and then start rioting (in ever decreasing numbers, i'll admit) to 'stop immigration' before the penny finally drops that in order to get your benefits/pensions that you're 'entitled to' you'll need someone who actually pays for them ???

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Better controlled immigration and much better cooperation and collaboration with France and other EU countries on achieving that would be my wish.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's really very simple. How many times do you vote for Brexit, Johnson, Reform and then start rioting (in ever decreasing numbers, i'll admit) to 'stop immigration' before the penny finally drops that in order to get your benefits/pensions you'll need someone who actually pays for them ???

The idea was controlled inwards migration to solve that.

But the non-plan didn’t take any account of the people very much needed for semi-skilled roles. For example in hospitality, agriculture, carers.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The idea was controlled inwards migration to solve that.

But the non-plan didn’t take any account of the people very much needed for semi-skilled roles. For example in hospitality, agriculture, carers.

But that 'idea' was called out on this very thread 9 nearly 10 years ago, as was every other ridiculous idea for the Irish Border, having a 'brilliant deal' with the EU, Doing 'trade deals' with the great and the good, the immigration issue and the complete lack of plan for anything whatsoever other than some ridiculous high school political theory which could be sold to the terminally naive in three word slogans giving Farage, Johnson and their political backers huge financial opportunities.

It's all here, in these 6,000+ pages, clear as daylight.

And here we are :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's really very simple. How many times do you vote for Brexit, Johnson, Reform and then start rioting (in ever decreasing numbers, i'll admit) to 'stop immigration' before the penny finally drops that in order to get your benefits/pensions that you're 'entitled to' you'll need someone who actually pays for them ???
And replacing the previously here white, Christian European immigrants with those who usually aren’t

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
But that 'idea' was called out on this very thread 9 nearly 10 years ago, as was every other ridiculous idea for the Irish Border, having a 'brilliant deal' with the EU, Doing 'trade deals' with the great and the good, the immigration issue and the complete lack of plan for anything whatsoever other than some ridiculous high school political theory which could be sold to the terminally naive in three word slogans giving Farage, Johnson and their political backers huge financial opportunities.

It's all here, in these 6,000+ pages, clear as daylight.

And here we are :shrug:
They didn't want facts or solutions. They wanted their Brexit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here