Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Indeed, but still quite amusing reading all the delusional wishful thinking from the pro EU obsessives.

We are simply moving from the messy unpleasant divorce stage to the let's put the arguments behind us and move on with our separate lives while remaining friendly stage ...
👍
hang in tbere sweeheart, loving your work!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Beyond belief - did he actually say that 🤣🤣🤣
Bunch of imbeciles
Yep, he did. Now, let us demand the rest of the UK gets this privileged position. Look at the enthusiasm from the dedicated leaver.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was always sure of an inevitable slow return to the EU (on a much worse deal than the one we had before leaving, obviously) but thought it a good 10+ years away.

More and more noises that I'm seeing and hearing, and the political landscape shifting, makes me now think it might be more like 5-10 years time, at least to Single Market/Customs Union membership.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed, but still quite amusing reading all the delusional wishful thinking from the pro EU obsessives.

We are simply moving from the messy unpleasant divorce stage to the let's put the arguments behind us and move on with our separate lives while remaining friendly stage ...
👍
I see that NSC's most ardent Unionist has now decided that he does like NI being under the control of the ECJ and the EU's original NI only backstop proposal. So what made you change your mind, or were you and are you still simply somewhat confused :dunce:

Any Benefits yet ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was always sure of an inevitable slow return to the EU (on a much worse deal than the one we had before leaving, obviously) but thought it a good 10+ years away.

More and more noises that I'm seeing and hearing, and the political landscape shifting, makes me now think it might be more like 5-10 years time, at least to Single Market/Customs Union membership.
Well it appears that even the most ardent Brexiteers are now settling for a significant part of Britain still being in the Single Market and now trying to sell it as a benefit of Brexit :lolol: Add the ever growing majority of the population wanting it, and all the signs are positive after seeing the results of only 27 months outside and food inflation hitting 17.1% (and imagine what would happen to that and supermarket shelves if we were ever to introduce the Brexit border controls that we keep delaying).

Although I agree it's happening faster than even I thought it would :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you review the newspaper front pages you'd be forgiven for thinking Rishi has just renegotiated the whole of Brexit and has achieved a major economic breakthrough for the whole of the UK.

The truth is the renegotiated Northern Ireland protocol simply makes slightly less worse for the people of Northern Ireland and exporters than before, and certainly still nowhere near as good as before Brexit when people, animals, goods, services and capital could all pass seamlessly from one country to another.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well it appears that even the most ardent Brexiteers are now settling for a significant part of Britain still being in the Single Market and now trying to sell it as a benefit of Brexit :lolol: Add the ever growing majority of the population wanting it, and all the signs are positive after seeing the results of only 27 months outside and food inflation hitting 17.1% (and imagine what would happen to that and supermarket shelves if we ever introduced the border controls that we keep delaying).

Although I agree it's happening faster than even I thought it would :thumbsup:
It still has to be passed in Parliament, and the ERG, along with Johnson are plotting against Sunak.

Basically, it is the NI backstop that Theresa May had, and the aformentioned cabal voted against.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Food inflation in Germany is about 19% and in France food in general is about 20% more than here. What is there excuse ?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It still has to be passed in Parliament, and the ERG, along with Johnson are plotting against Sunak.

Basically, it is the NI backstop that Theresa May had, and the aformentioned cabal voted against.
Fortunately Labour are planning to vote it through this time, unlike the disorganised mess under Corbyn when May was trying to get her deal through. It's quite a clever move on Labour's part. Blair only got Academy Schools through with Cameron's help, and this was thought to have undermined him. Much of the Labour left were strongly opposed to the policy. Going back to Brexit, I wonder if anything will come from the Ditchley conference. I thought it was quite significant that prominent Tory Brexiteers like Michael Howard and Norman Lamont were there. Number 10 said it wasn't aware of Michael Gove's presence there - he supposedly went as a Governor of Ditchley Park (which was one of the places Elizabeth 1 used to go on her summer tours - suitors had to entertain her at their own, considerable, expense). It seems that only the real committed Brexiteers are no longer prepared to admit it isn't working - I suspect those who have thought about it know that it's a complete shambles. Steve Baker admitted that it had made him seriously mentally ill for a while.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Food inflation in Germany is about 19% and in France food in general is about 20% more than here. What is there excuse ?
Not completely accurate. Here is the breakdown country by country including non EU countries. Ukraine was a major food producer, so that is going to impact food prices.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yep, he did. Now, let us demand the rest of the UK gets this privileged position. Look at the enthusiasm from the dedicated leaver.

Incredible, that's exactly what we ALL had before the Tories screwed our country, only it was even better as had SM access for services too

Lets stop f**king around, the whole of UK needs to stop the rot and join EFTA NOW!!!

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
14.5% food inflation in France and their shelves are full.

So when are post Brexit import checks going to arrive, yes those Sanitary and Phytosanitary ones. Our own government said "it would be madness to introduce checks at the UK’s borders".

Will we ever take back control?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You'd be pissed off if you were a Scottish business wouldn't you.
I expect someone who used to work for the Scottish whiskey trade would know best

8B0679C4-CBB6-4EE4-80C1-5B8941D093D4.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here