Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
At least since since he has thrown Unionism under the bus we have seen the C...word against towards other users. A Brexit benefit dare I say?

A couple of minor corrections ... I have only used the C-word to describe one person on here and the only reason I haven't repeated it is due to a mod clarifying that even if the person you are calling a C... is clearly a c... you shouldn't say it on here. :angel:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Oh my! You don't help yourself.

The only time you use the term Get Brexit done, is if you're a massive BOJO fan and when defending his honour you proclaim He got Brexit done and other stuff like there wouldn't be vaccines if it weren't for him. But then you put that back on the shelf when discussing Brexit since the reason you are discussing it is usually because Brexit isn't done

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It's the little things in life as well as the more significant that show how Brexiters lied to us.....

French Champagne producers have said they have no plans to sell their sparkling wine in pint measures any time soon, despite the hopes of Brexiteers.

The government has touted bringing back the pint measure for Champagne as a supposed "Brexit win" – but practical difficulties mean the product is unlikely to actually hit shelves.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/champagne-pint-bottles-b2007990.html

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
A small minority of people who like to lecture ,yep that sums up remoaners

Regards
DF

Okay... so that is your opinion from looking at the picture and caption. Now try following the video if you can and then make an informed comment for the first time.

I am pleased to see you are taking better care of your spelling etc. Please thank your proof reader; it can still be improved though.....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's the little things in life as well as the more significant that show how Brexiters lied to us.....

French Champagne producers have said they have no plans to sell their sparkling wine in pint measures any time soon, despite the hopes of Brexiteers.

The government has touted bringing back the pint measure for Champagne as a supposed "Brexit win" – but practical difficulties mean the product is unlikely to actually hit shelves.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/champagne-pint-bottles-b2007990.html

Champagne your thing is it? How very Blair.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Champagne your thing is it? How very Blair.

Where did I say I was interested in champagne for myself?

I am just thinking of others who had such hopes, as opposed to making presumptuous and inaccurate snide comments.

If you agree, please do write and let me know instead of just giving the thumbs up. Your endorsement could be valuable in converting the dwindling misguided Brexit support....

PS.... Don't you just hate it when posters answer their own question? I do.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Okay... so that is your opinion from looking at the picture and caption. Now try following the video if you can and then make an informed comment for the first time.

I am pleased to see you are taking better care of your spelling etc. Please thank your proof reader; it can still be improved though.....

I wasn't going to waste an hour being preached too , I 'm happy we've left the EU :shrug:

Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Belfast high court rules that agri-food checks must continue at Northern Ireland ports

The high court in Belfast this morning (Friday 4 February) overruled an instruction by the Northern Ireland Executive’s agriculture minister that checks on food and farm produce should cease, pending judicial review on Monday 7 February of that order.

The Guardian reports that the ruling means checks will continue until at least 7 March when a full hearing on the matter will take place.

Earlier this week Edwin Poots of the Democratic Unionist Party announced that he had instructed officials to stop checks at midnight on Wednesday 2 February in a protest move against the Northern Ireland Protocol but one that some NI politicians labelled as unlawful.

https://www.export.org.uk/news/5946...-must-continue-at-Northern-Ireland-ports-.htm

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I wasn't going to waste an hour being preached too , I 'm happy we've left the EU :shrug:

Regards
DF

Thank you...

You have finally declared what we knew already; you look at the pictures and captions but never bother with detail.

Regards to your proof reader and pleased you are able to wallow in your own ignorance. It makes it easier to brush your vacuity aside.

I am sure the Brexit lobby is proud of you.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Thank you...

You have finally declared what we knew already; you look at the pictures and captions but never bother with detail.

Regards to your proof reader and pleased you are able to wallow in your own ignorance. It makes it easier to brush your vacuity aside.

I am sure the Brexit lobby is proud of you.

Well, at least he turns up.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This is an extract from an article about anti-vaxers: I think it could equally be applied to debating with Brexiters.....

Too many of us buy into the old, and slightly vain, liberal idea that good and rational speech will always win out over bad and logically incoherent speech. And that people who disagree with us are less complex and more stupid than we are. Freedom of expression is critical to democracy in its own right, but insights from cognitive psychology put paid to the idea that the truest idea will win out, particularly in a world where social media platforms make most profit out of the stuff that hardens our views by making us angry. Campaigners who want to change minds have to be much smarter than simply explaining what makes other people so wrong.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
[tweet]1490309432764514307[/tweet]

leonardo-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This is an extract from an article about anti-vaxers: I think it could equally be applied to debating with Brexiters.....

Too many of us buy into the old, and slightly vain, liberal idea that good and rational speech will always win out over bad and logically incoherent speech. And that people who disagree with us are less complex and more stupid than we are. Freedom of expression is critical to democracy in its own right, but insights from cognitive psychology put paid to the idea that the truest idea will win out, particularly in a world where social media platforms make most profit out of the stuff that hardens our views by making us angry. Campaigners who want to change minds have to be much smarter than simply explaining what makes other people so wrong.
As the thousands of posts on here prove, the 5th column collective don't do smart, let alone trying for 'smarter arguments' ... perhaps better served applying to the prevent programme for deradicalistion .. small steps.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
As the thousands of posts on here prove, the 5th column collective don't do smart, let alone trying for 'smarter arguments' ... perhaps better served applying to the prevent programme for deradicalistion .. small steps.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Who and what are 'The 5th column collective'? Names?

You might also like to clarify the whole comment; it seems a bit vague....

or perhaps not......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here