Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are we supposed to believe this? Why don't the UK government ramp up the pound with a few well chosen words then?

Here, I'll try.....pound....sterling.....good. Fill yer boots everyone.

I'm not sure your words have the same clout as the Financial Times. Good effort, though.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This is all tomorrow's chip paper/Britain is open for business as usual/this is great news for manufacturers/great news for foreign visitors and our tourist industry/nothing to see here/just smears by the anti-Brexit media

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
More good brexit news then.

We're well and truly ****ed, aren't we?

The pound has been lower than this before, inflation was about 20 % in 1975 yet over the years people have still had jobs and homes , we're not living in cardboard shanty towns or scavenging for food.
Some of you youngsters need to get a grip and stop being so sensationalistic .

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This is all tomorrow's chip paper/Britain is open for business as usual/this is great news for manufacturers/great news for foreign visitors and our tourist industry/nothing to see here/just smears by the anti-Brexit media

Smear : damage the reputation of (someone) by false accusations; slander.

This is a 'smear'? Really? Is it not reporting the news?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The pound has been lower than this before, inflation was about 20 % in 1975 yet over the years people have still had jobs and homes , we're not living in cardboard shanty towns or scavenging for food.
Some of you youngsters need to get a grip and stop being so sensationalistic .
Stop clouding things with facts and reason

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm gutted this has all happened with Brexit, it really is pushing me towards continuing to work in Asia. I have some income from renting out my family home in Sussex though and whilst my earnings over here improve should I bring them back to the UK, the rent money is now not worth converting to currencies and is instead encouraging me to save it up in the UK banks (despite awful interest). Who knows if the whole UK goes tits up I might finally be able to afford to live in Brighton one day! Unless Chinese and Russians buy everything up and feck the younger generation's situation up even more.

You can, of course, confirm that you doing your bit by renting it out at well below market prices to young people . .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It seems the Brexit effect is starting to bite and the uncertain period we've been going through since the 23rd is finally beginning to take shape, I hope I'm wrong but I can only see worrying times ahead getting much worse before there is any improvement, still on the bright side it should have the desired effect of some who voted out, who in their right mind would want to migrate here under these current economic and political uncertainties, with the party I have always voted for now completely unelectable with no viable opposition to the conservatives giving them a mandate to do whatever they want. No doubt the usual suspects will delight in informing how "they won, live with it etc etc" I just hope we don't all live to regret the decision, even though I personally could not vote as I was living out of the country at the time but would certainly have been remain had I been here.

Things such as the exchange rate ebb and flow as they always have done. We seem to have record levels of employment, and those exporting will welcome this low rate for the pound, as will foreign tourists. It is not all doom and gloom, so you would be better just waiting to see how it all pans out, instead of wanting to see the darker side, regardless. You may be right, but then again, Brexit is at a very early stage. By the way, I voted remain as well.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just shows how weak the GBP is at present and how low it could go as Brexit progresses.
Keep smiling as we have our country back even if its currency is virtually worthless

If you have any of that worthless currency lying about I am willing to take it of your hands.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good, should of holidaid at home anyway. We voted OUT so dont compromise by going to them lot over their.

Regards

DR

That's the spirit. Holiday at home and let's get those Punch and Judy guys back. Candy floss anyone ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Of course, imports cost a lot more, so fuel costs will be rising rapidly, making transport of food more expensive, which will mean higher prices at the pump and in supermarkets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here