Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
What is it that drives the Eu/Euro loving person to hate Nigel Farage so much? Is it the cockiness, the down to earth guy that likes a pint? The perception that he must be a tad too eccentric! No, what it is is fear, fear of plain speaking, the truth. They hate the illumination shone on unelected charlatans. Maybe they hate him for the revelation that we have a voice if used collectively? Well democracy won the day Nigel Farage entered politics. Hate him or Love him you cannot ignore him.

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Before going to bed I would like to wish, on behalf of all the contributors to NSC Nigel Farge every success in his attempt to undermine the EU on your European Tour.
Bonnne Chance............

I'll await the firebombs.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Fat lady has cleared her throat, thats all

Putting wishful thinking aside can you really see any realistic scenario that means we will still be fully paid up members of the EU by the time of the next General Election (2020) ... if yes please explain how this could realistically happen.

:shrug:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Putting wishful thinking aside can you really see any realistic scenario that means we will still be fully paid up members of the EU by the time of the next General Election (2020) ... if yes please explain how this could realistically happen.

:shrug:

Its a fair point JCFC. All i am saying is that w ehavent invoked article 50 so Farage hasn't achieved his wish. And i am not diminishing what he did for his cause, he was very effective. Just a bit early to retire with his German wife. And could it hot happen, who knows. I suspect a very slim percentage, but not zero. But i cant effect, just watching to see what boris et al do

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Its a fair point JCFC. All i am saying is that w ehavent invoked article 50 so Farage hasn't achieved his wish. And i am not diminishing what he did for his cause, he was very effective. Just a bit early to retire with his German wife. And could it hot happen, who knows. I suspect a very slim percentage, but not zero. But i cant effect, just watching to see what boris et al do

True, we haven't officially initiated the process yet (for understandable reasons) but as you know the new PM has made it clear we are leaving. The only realistic political options are a soft or hard Brexit. As you say it will be interesting to see how vociferous the Tory Cabinet Brexiteers will be in insisting PM May meets the demands of the majority. Any backsliding probably means UKIP are back in the game.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
True, we haven't officially initiated the process yet (for understandable reasons) but as you know the new PM has made it clear we are leaving. The only realistic political options are a soft or hard Brexit. As you say it will be interesting to see how vociferous the Tory Cabinet Brexiteers will be in insisting PM May meets the demands of the majority. Any backsliding probably means UKIP are back in the game.

I can't see how a hard brexit would benefit anyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed. But as you know for many its not about the social or economic impact, its about foreigners and perhaps sovereignty at a push. for them hard brexit is the answer

If you want to leave the EU then, to me, hard Brexit is the only option. Anything else isn't really leaving is it?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If you want to leave the EU then, to me, hard Brexit is the only option. Anything else isn't really leaving is it?

Correct.
We need a clean break to rebuild and then when this outdated, corrupt, bureaucratic behemoth crumbles and falls, as it is destined to do, this country will be in an amazingly strong position.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think hard Brexit is what we'll get.

The EU has said many times that we will have to retain freedom of movement to get any deals. We won't do that, so that will be that.

Also, the EU won't want others to leave, so they'll make our exit as difficult as possible.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Isn't the point of the negotiations that everything is on the table. This is not a binary choice between 'hard' and 'soft' Brexit. Doubtless there will be compromise on both sides and there may even be adjustments in the relationship in the future. That's the point of being independent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think hard Brexit is what we'll get.

I disagree. May has asked all of her cabinet to suggest what's best for their departments. The government will therefore do what's best for them whilst sending out "Brexit means Brexit" messages. Britain is rarely decisive. It be a half-way house; no doubt about it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The quicker article 50 is invoked the quicker an extra £350 million a week can be spent on the NHS surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here