Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm confident most MEPs will know not to take Farage too seriously when he insults them like that but he's not doing anyone any favours, let's just say that.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The Markets gambled on a remain vote and they lost.

If I had bet my house on an England win on Saturday and was already gambling the expected winnings on Sunday. I would have been up shit Creek by Monday night when the result came in.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

And the markets are up over 2% this morning because the smart money has piled in on the dip.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Actually listening to you and Chappers
Sounds dangerous, tread carefully.
I actually beleive may be Farage should take a holiday now and let the process continue. He has done his part.
Indeed, he's probably being a prat with an inane grin.

I thought Scotland had voted to remain in the EU, but apparently not. Donald Trump:
"Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!"

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Farage busy making himself look like even more of a **** than he already did in the European Parliament.

Well I wouldn't have thought that was possible. But I believe he's absolutely excelled himself today. And whilst doing so, shot himself (and us) in the foot. How in Gods name can you appease people by insulting them. I can see absolutely no way we will now cut any deals with the EU.....Madness.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Think the market has slept on it and is thinking even if Brexit occurs it can't be on the pipe dream wishes of the 52%.

Best case, its put again to the public via Election or Ref 2 to sort things out. Worst case, we do exit, lose our influence but hang onto the free market with no gain at all

What's happening is that smart money is buying quality assets that are much cheaper than they were last Thursday.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well I wouldn't have thought that was possible. But I believe he's absolutely excelled himself today. And whilst doing so, shot himself (and us) in the foot. How in Gods name can you appease people by insulting them. I can see absolutely no way we will now cut any deals with the EU.....Madness.

He won't have an impact on our negotiations. They know who and what he is. They know he couldn't win a seat in Parliament when put up in a seat his party had the best chance to get him in. They know he doesn't speak for the British people. There are loads of these far right clowns in the EU parliament.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually listening to you and Chappers, I actually beleive may be Farage should take a holiday now and let the process continue. He has done his part.

Fair point, but with well over 400 Westminster MPs pro-Europe (and many of them fanatically so) trying to find ways to 'work round' Brexit (i.e. finding some way to make sure it doesn't quite happen) perhaps we need Farage to keep going through the final straight, until everything is actually signed, sealed and delivered?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, the EU want us to push the button, so we ask what the new deal will be. They agree a new deal we can accept, we push the button and all is done, no drama.

No No NO Triggaaaar, my old China, they are saying push the button, then we talk. No pre-negotiation negotiations. I fear this will mean another referendum, The Mickey Flannagan Referendum, where we decide if we want to be out out, or just out. We can choose to be in a shitty nightclub in our slippers, holding a pint of milk, or outside the shitty nightclub scrapping with the bouncers all night cos we dont want to pay to get in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No No NO Triggaaaar, my old China, they are saying push the button, then we talk. No pre-negotiation negotiations.
It doesn't matter if that's what they're saying, that's not how it works. If they want us to push the button now, because they're worried about how the markets are reacting, and we say no, let's talk first, they have no choice if they want to fix the markets. And they will talk to us now, they want a deal.

I fear this will mean another referendum, The Mickey Flannagan Referendum, where we decide if we want to be out out, or just out. We can choose to be in a shitty nightclub in our slippers, holding a pint of milk
Don't forget the cut loaf.

D

Deleted member 22389

Fair point, but with well over 400 Westminster MPs pro-Europe (and many of them fanatically so) trying to find ways to 'work round' Brexit (i.e. finding some way to make sure it doesn't quite happen) perhaps we need Farage to keep going through the final straight, until everything is actually signed, sealed and delivered?

Watching the debate it is clear they want us to go. Lets just get Article 50 done and get out of the place.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The EU Parliament in Brussels is a bit of a feisty affair.

After Farage made a comment of pro-power to the little Englishmen, he was reminded that he had made his wealth in offshore financial construction, and the EU looked forward to not paying his wages anymore.

He also said that they need us more than we need them, which was greeted with awkward/embarrassing laughter.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I wanted him there when we were in the EU, pointing out the problems. No we've voted leave, I'd like a pro European building bridges.

"Each member state has the right to nominate a primary language in Brussels, but no state other than Britain has registered English." So what the **** do the Irish nominate?

Irish schoolkids used to get a grant from the state if they studied Gaelic in school. I don't know if that is still in place but they've always been pretty keen to keep the language alive.. They may have nominated Gaelic.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watching the debate it is clear they want us to go. Lets just get Article 50 done and get out of the place.

So long as somebody DOES sign article 50. If left to the politicians in Westminster, they'll probably vote against anybody ever doing it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Irish schoolkids used to get a grant from the state if they studied Gaelic in school. I don't know if that is still in place but they've always been pretty keen to keep the language alive.. They may have nominated Gaelic.
It seems they did, and Malta nominated Maltese - everyone nominates their own ancient language, for old times' sake, without actually wanting it to be the official language - the people putting it forward don't even speak it.

English is the most suitable language for the EU, to remove it would be just typical of what's wrong with the EU.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He won't have an impact on our negotiations. They know who and what he is. They know he couldn't win a seat in Parliament when put up in a seat his party had the best chance to get him in. They know he doesn't speak for the British people. There are loads of these far right clowns in the EU parliament.

Yes, I'm sure they know all about him. I can only speak for myself, and when or if, I was personally insulted it does affect me, and my responses. Even in the knowledge I might be dealing with a nutter. Let's face it he virtually called the EU a bunch of crooks!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm confident most MEPs will know not to take Farage too seriously when he insults them like that but he's not doing anyone any favours, let's just say that.

Well, he may be. During the South African negotiations in the late 80's and early 90's WInnie Mandela was leading the ANC team because Nelson was still in prison. She was much more "radical" than Nelson. When the Apartheid government agreed to release Nelson so that they could negotiate with him and avoid civil warhe warned them that if they didn't negotiate properly and fairly he would put Winnie back in charge!

Cameron could always warn them that Farage could be brought into the negotiating team if they don't play ball.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh do give up. I'm taking the piss out of you and your fellow devotees of doom. My parents were paying 15% interest on their mortgage in the 70's. They know tough times and said, yes, we can cope. We have been through it before. They voted F. U. The demanding entitled snowflakes generation and their slight elders failed to vote in their droves. OWN goal.

You ****, did your parents choose to live in tough times, like you just have? Of course we can cope, but we were quite comfortable and are looking to make ourselves less comfortable, and for what?
If we do a deal that gives us good access to the single market, it will come with strings attached, the sort of strings twats like you worry about. If we do a deal that cuts us off more completely, we will shrink, our banks will not be allowed to do business in E.U., so they will not stay, they will move to the worlds largest single economic area.

Tell me what you think the benefits of being out are going to be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here