Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It's the Brexiters who are claiming that remain think everyone who voted Brexit is racist, and are thereby devaluing it.

In reality a small, but not insignificant, percentage of the Brexit vote was borne of racism or similar feelings, it would be disingenuous to suggest otherwise. Since the vote have these feelings are beginning to manifest as overt behavior, likely as those feelings are wrongly being assumed to have been legitimised,
One of the posters on here has stated that voting for BREXT is a racist act because there are racists in the BREXIT camp. Outlandish in the extreme, but that's what he said.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see the 'racist attack' on two polish men that was all over Twitter and Facebook has been shown to be a complete fabrication.It was two drunken polish families having a falling out.Glad I reported the stirring twunt who started it for racial incitement-hope he gets the book thrown at him.People who stir up racial hatred to suit their twisted ideas just because we voted out are just as bad as Farage and his crew!

D

Deleted member 22389

Farage busy making himself look like even more of a **** than he already did in the European Parliament.

There are other speakers, and quite a few have said there needs to be a change in attitude from the EU, because it is that attitude that caused Brexit.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
But George has said how robust the British economy is today... and its not got better ? This is difficult to grasp, if someone says something will be " Bad " it will be bad but if the same person says it will be " Fine " it does not work.... in fact several people have said it will all be " Fine ", even people who know less about the economy but it still isn't... its still getting worse ? and what happens when costs go up because our currency is being devalued against most other currencies ?

So, what happens when the shit really hits the fan ? will things magically become " Fine " again ?

The markets are up over 2% so far today.

D

Deleted member 22389

Not using the same kind of language as Nigel though, are they?

That's Farage, what did you expect. He has always been like this unless this is the first time you have seen the debates.
This place is bloody ridicolous. It's only one way in that place. The EU needs to be about the people, not about the people in suits.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Farage busy making himself look like even more of a **** than he already did in the European Parliament.
I wanted him there when we were in the EU, pointing out the problems. No we've voted leave, I'd like a pro European building bridges.

This was also in The Times today - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ld-be-dropped-from-european-union-after-brex/

As Chas n Dave once sang - Don't anyone speak English anymore?
"Each member state has the right to nominate a primary language in Brussels, but no state other than Britain has registered English." So what the **** do the Irish nominate?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I wanted him there when we were in the EU, pointing out the problems. No we've voted leave, I'd like a pro European building bridges.

"Each member state has the right to nominate a primary language in Brussels, but no state other than Britain has registered English." So what the **** do the Irish nominate?

They nominated Gaelic, I believe...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's Farage, what did you expect. He has always been like this unless this is the first time you have seen the debates.
This place is bloody ridicolous. It's only one way in that place. The EU needs to be about the people, not about the people in suits.

I half expected him not to go at all to be honest, now he's got his way. I would also expect him not to insult MEP's by telling them they have never done a proper job.

The man is a ****.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Each member state has the right to nominate a primary language in Brussels, but no state other than Britain has registered English." So what the **** do the Irish nominate?

According to The Times, the Irish registered Gaelic as their language and the Maltese registered Maltese too.

D

Deleted member 22389

I understand about building bridges completely, but does building bridges really help to reform this place. It seems nuts that the people here have so much control over everything we do. The EU must become far more open, and must listen to the concerns of countries and implement changes so it works for everybody.

D

Deleted member 22389

I half expected him not to go at all to be honest, now he's got his way. I would also expect him not to insult MEP's by telling them they have never done a proper job.

The man is a ****.

On that single point I agree there, these are crucial times. Everything else he told the truth, that is Farage. He will keep going until we exit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I understand about building bridges completely, but does building bridges really help to reform this place.
I wasn't thinking of reform, just trying to create some good will with our neighbours. I've not been watching today, but imagine Farage is just creating more animosity towards us, which won't help get a good deal.

It seems to nuts that the people here have so much control over everything we do. The EU must become far more open, and must listen to the concerns of countries and implement changes so it works for everybody.
Well indeed, that's why I voted leave. I really despise the current version of the EU.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
No it hasnt....
Its also a petition created by a brexit supporter. Keep spinning.

Personally, im ready to be led onto the sunlit slopes of the Brexit world. Despite the fact the country is now in deep shit, and there are no plans in place for Brexit, and racists/xenophobes now think its ok to be racist and xenophobic. Thank you all.
Remainers keep on banging about no plan in place for Brexit, ignoring the fact that Cameron announced a plan and timetable yesterday and is meeting with EU leaders today (not the unelected eurocrats but the real elected leaders) to start the process.

D

Deleted member 22389

I wasn't thinking of reform, just trying to create some good will with our neighbours. I've not been watching today, but imagine Farage is just creating more animosity towards us, which won't help get a good deal.

Well indeed, that's why I voted leave. I really despise the current version of the EU.

Actually listening to you and Chappers, I actually beleive may be Farage should take a holiday now and let the process continue. He has done his part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here