Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yet another post too good for this.

How DO you keep doing it, whilst maintaining your modest nature to boot?

Effortless talent.

And too much time on my hands....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, a mate is a tour manager and he’s heading out on a tour of the UK on Sunday. I met him for a coffee and he was telling me about the utter insanity (and extra costs and paperwork) now involved with driving three trucks of equipment from England to NI ie driving within the supposedly same country.

What a mess.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
yes , racial tensions grew as the children of immigrants attempted to make their way into society and were met with resistance from racist bell ends notably in the police force , yes the country was being held to ransom by Scargill and his crew and yes Thatcher used it as an excuse to smash them and another entity that got in her way , the local Yorkshire coppers were bussed down south and southern coppers were bussed up north to police and smash the picket lines ........the beginning of the end for the manufacturing sector in the UK , that is what Tory governments do and they will take a healthy % of any siphoned funds on their way out of the country , there his no other country where the " them and us" culture is more obvious but as i was a teenager in the 80's living in Sussex i was pretty unaware of it until i started working in London in the late 80's ......being Irish our crews were usually quickly accepted by the communities we worked in with people bringing us cold drinks in the summer and hot drinks in winter , we were nice to them and they reciprocated....divide and rule ...?? totally agree , but i still think the 80's were better than now.

I suspect you loved the 80s for exactly the same reason Tom hark preston park hates them: your own personal experience and the lifestyle you enjoyed at the time.

I loved the 80s too, because I had an amazing time; lived abroad, saw amazing live music, got married, and my son born.....but I try not to indulge in the whimsy of conflating my personal experiences with the wider reality when judging an era on a national and international level.

And to let my personal whimsy then dictate how I operate, like some do (voting for the sorts who represent the attitudes of their youth, such as Dear Old Nigel, hankering after football holiganism, jumping up and down in outrage every time a non-white person makes the news, or simply being a miserable, grumpy, moany old git), would be perverse, and sad. I don't mean you, here, I hasten to add. You simply appear to have a rose-tinted retrospectroscope wrapped in your swag :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I can't be arsed to read through the the posts from the NSC numpty contingent, but a quick reminder:

Remainers have "got over it" some time ago. But we're still allowed to point out where it's going wrong. The two things are not the same.

Anyway, as you were...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I suspect you loved the 80s for exactly the same reason Tom hark preston park hates them: your own personal experience and the lifestyle you enjoyed at the time.

I loved the 80s too, because I had an amazing time; lived abroad, saw amazing live music, got married, and my son born.....but I try not to indulge in the whimsy of conflating my personal experiences with the wider reality when judging an era on a national and international level.

And to let my personal whimsy then dictate how I operate, like some do (voting for the sorts who represent the attitudes of their youth, such as Dear Old Nigel, hankering after football holiganism, jumping up and down in outrage every time a non-white person makes the news, or simply being a miserable, grumpy, moany old git), would be perverse, and sad. I don't mean you, here, I hasten to add. You simply appear to have a rose-tinted retrospectroscope wrapped in your swag :wink:

well ....i did hit the road , permanently in 86 after spending a lot of the previous 3 years abroad so i suppose i will have to admit to .."coming the raw prawn" on this occasion ...:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
well ....i did hit the road , permanently in 86 after spending a lot of the previous 3 years abroad so i suppose i will have to admit to .."coming the raw prawn" on this occasion ...:lolol:

:bowdown: :thumbsup:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I can't be arsed to read through the the posts from the NSC numpty contingent, but a quick reminder:

Remainers have "got over it" some time ago. But we're still allowed to point out where it's going wrong. The two things are not the same.

Anyway, as you were...

All true.... the trouble is that some ardent Brexit devotees here are so far incarcerated in their alternative reality that they have been persuaded that none of us should expect to benefit nor should we judge this rubbish for the next forty years!

There seems to be a bit of brain drain amongst some of our Brexiter friends.....

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I see Dowden now wants to get rid of GDPR with something new as it is causing red tape for businesses. Well I have news for you, you half eaten Penguin Bar, we have gone through that stage and a new scheme will mean a host of new red tape. And presumably reduced privacy rights for consumers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Anyway, as you were...
It's not about getting over Brexit.

It's about fixing the disasterous type of Brexit which the clowns in charge chose.

Jan 30, 2008

Anyway, as you were...

LMFAO , Tell that too Lever ,Watford bloke ,GG and knobby
Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We have indeed, and with these new found 'opportunities' of hundreds of thousands of minimum wage jobs across catering, logistics, fruit and veg picking, food preparation etc etc Is it POTG?, Pretty Pink fairy, JCFG and CR really have no excuses left for spending all day on here.

I'm sure that by combining your intellects, you could manage to wrap a chipolata in bacon :wink:
nobody wants pigs in blankets in August ffs...!!

Allowing for the 3 months it would take to train them up, they would be up to speed just in time for the Xmas rush :thumbsup:

That is if the supply of bacon and sausages holds up that long :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All true.... the trouble is that some ardent Brexit devotees here are so far incarcerated in their alternative reality that they have been persuaded that none of us should expect to benefit nor should we judge this rubbish for the next forty years!

There seems to be a bit of brain drain amongst some of our Brexiter friends.....
Indeed, we all have to suffer the pain, we are expected just to suck it up and carry on like Boxer from Animal Farm.

Loving how those in favour of Brexit just keep their fingers in their ears shouting La La La La La as they push themselves further in to a corner away from each new reality.

With each new shortage and paperwork burden and each industry leader saying " This isn't the Brexit we were promised " ..the " La La La's" get louder. Today's shortage is sterile Vials in the NHS, reducing its blood testing capacity. Drip drip drip Third World here we come.

Jan 30, 2008
Indeed, we all have to suffer the pain, we are expected just to suck it up and carry on like Boxer from Animal Farm.

Loving how those in favour of Brexit just keep their fingers in their ears shouting La La La La La as they push themselves further in to a corner away from each new reality.

With each new shortage and paperwork burden and each industry leader saying " This isn't the Brexit we were promised " ..the " La La La's" get louder. Today's shortage is sterile Vials in the NHS, reducing its blood testing capacity. Drip drip drip Third World here we come.

The Third World are already here plotted up in Four star hotels
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
https://www.cityam.com/brexit-disru...ermarket-shelves-could-be-empty-at-christmas/

Supermarket shelves could be empty at Christmas due to food retailers grappling with severe Brexit-related supply chain issues, the chief of one of the UK’s largest supermarkets has warned today.

John Allen, chairman of Tesco, told the BBC’s World at One programme that supermarkets are struggling to source stock ahead of the busy festive period as a result of immigration rule changes caused by Brexit reducing the supply of lorry drivers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here